WeightWatchers Online. Does it really work?

Options
13»

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have actually gone to Weight Watchers and used Weight Watchers online. Sorry to say, it is a lot like this site. You still have to keep up with amounts of foods you eat, you still have to track your food, and you still have to decide what you will and will not eat. The only difference is that instead of calling it what it is--calorie counting--you count points. I will say that the work has been done for you as to which foods are healthier than others because in the point system, carbs, fat and protein and fiber have all been taken into account. If I had to choose, I'd go to the actual meetings, they're much better for support and encouragement than the online version.

Personally, I find MFP to be a lot easier to use. There are more exercises to track from and the best part is that you get to use it for free!

Exactly this:

WW covers the real issue (calories) with a layer of mystique/simplicity (depending on your view), but it all comes down to eating less fuel, than your body needs. I have lost with WW in the past, but I liked the meetings and public weighing in, which can be motivating to stay on track, or be demorolising depending on how you feel. For on-line DIY dieting MFP every time, especially as it's free. I can't afford/justify the cost of WW meetings.
    It is not sustainable. I tried it for decades. This place is and it's free.
  • ag27404
    ag27404 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you need some guidance, I'd check with your insurance about a nutritionist. Mine is 100% covered by insurance (preventative care) and has really helped. It's one on one advice and 100% accountability.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Even though I post here I have been a WW online person for years, as well as a meeting WW person. I find that I go back and forth.

I have friends who lost fabulously using WW online. I just keep paying for it monthly without getting to goal because my weight chart goes back to 2007 and I love watching my ups and downs (I maintain mostly).

I also like the receipes and message boards.

It works if you work it. I don't think I really did. LOL However I have lost 36 lbs since joining weight watchers and I never gained back that weight.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost 90 lbs on WW (Online only).

I echo what other people say - it's very similar to MFP. You still track every bite. I do like counting points better than calories, but of course, that is what I started out doing. I'm sure if I started counting calories I would feel differently.

One thing I do like is the weekly points that WW - you don't get a weekly allotment on MFP.

MFP is free - I would try that first and see if it works.
  • DianeLLand
    DianeLLand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I liked the online just for tracking my food but for a personal approach I go to the meeting once a week to weigh in and talk about my week with others and to find out ideas they have used to lose weight I also use mfp for when I log in a food idem I can see the stats
  • mama27f
    mama27f Posts: 2
    Options
    Can someone help me I just signed up. How do I get started? I m 208 34 5'4 and I can't live like this anymore.