Women who eat 1200 Calories

Options
Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. This may seem like a crazy notion to those of you who are scared to eat, but EATING YOUR TOTAL CALORIES ON A .5 TO 1 POUND LOSS PER WEEK and exercising will give you the leanest, sexiest body you can ask for. I've eaten 1800 calories a day before while exercising and lost weight but it was mostly muscle. You need muscle to look sexy. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.

Replies

• auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Because every woman's goal in life is to appear sexy to a man.

Or, you know, not.
  • kisser1212
    Options
    It really depends on the person. For me to MAINTAIN, I can only net 1300 calories a day. With 1200 calories a day, I lose far less then a pound a week. But I'm happy to lose slowly, since it's hard to get all nutrients under 1200 calories.
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Or, you know, not.

....I don't recall seeing OP say anything about a man?? Some people want to look sexy for themselves and because it makes them feel good, which is the best reason anyway. Just saying, it was interesting to see that you immediately assumed she was trying to improve herself to please a man.

Please yourselves ladies....and men, for that matter!!
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    "you need muscle to look sexy" does not mean its to look sexy for a man. I thought of it to be looking sexy to myself
  • flamegirl72
    flamegirl72 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Or, you know, not.

....I don't recall seeing OP say anything about a man?? Some people want to look sexy for themselves and because it makes them feel good, which is the best reason anyway. Just saying, it was interesting to see that you immediately assumed she was trying to improve herself to please a man.

Please yourselves ladies....and men, for that matter!!

Hahah....just realized that OP is in fact a man....lol. Makes the case even moreso....lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *cricket chirp*
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories most of the time, am losing a pound a week and have a lot of muscle. Are you talking net or gross?-that confuses a lot of people. I never get the 'starvation warning" either.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. For me to MAINTAIN, I can only net 1300 calories a day. With 1200 calories a day, I lose far less then a pound a week. But I'm happy to lose slowly, since it's hard to get all nutrients under 1200 calories.

I'm curious as to what your ht and weight are that your TDEE is only 1300. That seems really really low imo
  • Charshel
    Options
    Doesn't it depend on your age, weight, and activity level? MFP recommends 1270 for me. Of course, the more cardio I do, the more calories are allotted on my plan. Today, I earned an extra 420 calories at the gym.
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    I tried it and 1200 did nothing for me so I switch to 1500+ and I started to lose. Plus it was hard to get my calcium and Dietary fiber in with out supplements. But this is what worked for me.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. This may seem like a crazy notion to those of you who are scared to eat, but EATING YOUR TOTAL CALORIES ON A .5 TO 1 POUND LOSS PER WEEK and exercising will give you the leanest, sexiest body you can ask for. I've eaten 1800 calories a day before while exercising and lost weight but it was mostly muscle. You need muscle to look sexy. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.
    Think twice before you give out generic one size fits all advice...

If I have 1200 calories a day, I lose FAR LESS THAN half a pound a week. That is because I am four foot ten and weigh less than 120lb so maintenance calories (ie TDEE) are 1500 a day for me. If I eat 1800 calories a day I WILL PUT ON WEIGHT. Not because of some faddy strange notion, but on the widely accepted principles that this site and other well respected weight loss resources rely on.

And yes, on 1200 calories a day and working out at the gym, I have lost nearly 30lb of fat, AND have not only not lost muscle, but I have actually gained muscle.

Okay I'M good now.
  • shantillylace81
    Options
    Every person is different and just because something worked for you does not mean it will work for me. I have been losing weight just fine at 1200 and toning up as well.
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.

I disagree with this post. Maybe for someone who is smaller or who doesn't have a lot of weight to lose, it's okay but not for me. I think blanket statements like this are based on poor information.

I eat 1,200 calories a day, exercise and I've successfully lost 50 of my 102 lbs. I'm supervised by a doctor and nutritionist who monitor my diet and they don't have any concerns. I'm not hungry and I'm turning flab into muscle. I feel the best I've felt in years!

Okay, I'm good now :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories. But I sleep all day, and read all night so I never have time to eat. I never reach my goal but I think I'm losing on a steady pace. And I feel fine. :)
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories most of the time, am losing a pound a week and have a lot of muscle. Are you talking net or gross?-that confuses a lot of people. I never get the 'starvation warning" either.

I'm always getting that warning...too few calories. I am on 1200 but can't always eat that.... seriously, I can't.
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    *cricket chirp*

followed by awkward silence....
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

Thank goodness you posted this. I would have ignorantly continued to lose 2 or 3 pounds a week and do strength training... now I know I can just eat more...

Lol everyone is different.
  • hofosho1020
    Options
    ^LOL
  • fat0ctopus
    Options
    i dont want to look sexy anyways so i guess its alright! :
    )
  • nicolie88
    Options
    *cricket chirp*

followed by awkward silence....