bump
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jjpe
    jjpe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    OKay so I'm set at 1200....and today I earned exercise calories. People keep telling me not to eat them. So should I set my calories higher and not eat back my exercise calories or just keep it the same and eat back all my extras?
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 cals/day. I have lost over 70 lbs since June. I have developed more muscle and more energy. Everyone is different, so though I understand your concern, I will continue this until my situation changes. :) I'm no spring chicken, so when I find something that gives me results, it's all or nothing.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Bumpity
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calories. But I sleep all day, and read all night so I never have time to eat. I never reach my goal but I think I'm losing on a steady pace. And I feel fine. :)

sleep all day, and read all night... Give me your life!
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    for me to loose weight I am supposed to eat 1200 cal a day....I always go over because I am hungry...i just "makeup" for it by working out .
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Why is 1200 such a controversial number? If you are short enough and light enough 63" and around 110lbs, your BMR is right around 1200-1300 calories.

Your BMR and your calories are set by the tools on this site. Not really by your own personal preference. Unless you have another reason to set it as such. ie.. long experience, medical reasons etc.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Please DO NOT EAT only 1200 calories in a given day. This may seem like a crazy notion to those of you who are scared to eat, but EATING YOUR TOTAL CALORIES ON A .5 TO 1 POUND LOSS PER WEEK and exercising will give you the leanest, sexiest body you can ask for. I've eaten 1800 calories a day before while exercising and lost weight but it was mostly muscle. You need muscle to look sexy. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Okay, I'm good now.

No offense but are you a doctor? I was told by three of my doctors to EAT NO MORE THEN 1000 calories a day!!! I have some health issues. Everyone is so different. It is why I closed my diary, to avoid criticism from those who do not know my situation.

How old are you???
  • SonjaCudmore
    Options
    My calorie intake changes based on need. The more calories I burn the more I can eat. However, my goal is 1200 calories a day without exercise. Am I right?
  • Charshel
    Options
    Why is 1200 such a controversial number? If you are short enough and light enough 63" and around 110lbs, your BMR is right around 1200-1300 calories.

Your BMR and your calories are set by the tools on this site. Not really by your own personal preference. Unless you have another reason to set it as such. ie.. long experience, medical reasons etc.
  • Charshel
    Options

That's what I was thinking, doesn't it depend on your BMR?
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Every person is different and just because something worked for you does not mean it will work for me. I have been losing weight just fine at 1200 and toning up as well.

^ This x1000000000
    Black and white you need to figure out what works for you. This pretty much ends this thread!

Edit Woohooo 100 posts for me LOL!! :D
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Aren't you a male? If so, why post specifically to women? Surely a man can undereat sufficiently to find himself in the same situation as your hypothetical women eating 1200 cals/day. And I sincerely doubt that a woman who is 5' or under is going to waste away rapidly on a healthy diet of 1200 calories. Women are not all the same, 1200 calories is not the lowest appropriate level for everyone, and I rather doubt that your dictatorial post with no supporting evidence will make much difference to those women who are succeeding based on what they find is right for their bodies.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would have said yes don't eat 1200 calories. I personally always lost weight on 1600 calories. However because of some recent health issues I have started taking medication that lowers my heart rate as a result it is hard to get my heart rate up to traditional fat burning levels. AS a result have discovered I need to be at 1200 net calories or less to be able to see loss. I do make very sure I'm getting the nutrition necessary. If you are on a more restricted calorie should be dr supervised or approved and really have the nutrition part right. No junk foods- get your proteins, healthy carbs, fiber vitamins etc to do it right.
  • webhippy
    webhippy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My Nutritionist put me on 1200 cal a day. I'm certainly not a small person and I am certainly not starving to death. I would assume she knows what she is talking about since...there's that whole college degree in nutrition thing. For me, it's what works.
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would have said yes don't eat 1200 calories. I personally always lost weight on 1600 calories. However because of some recent health issues I have started taking medication that lowers my heart rate as a result it is hard to get my heart rate up to traditional fat burning levels. AS a result have discovered I need to be at 1200 net calories or less to be able to see loss. I do make very sure I'm getting the nutrition necessary. If you are on a more restricted calorie should be dr supervised or approved and really have the nutrition part right. No junk foods- get your proteins, healthy carbs, fiber vitamins etc to do it right.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm five feet tall. 1200 calories is good.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I'm five feet tall. 1200 calories is good.
  • Sunshine_Bettie
    Options
    I'm set at 1200 cal a day. I'm a small person though. I don't give a crap what this site puts me on, if I feel I'm not getting enough nutrition, I'll eat. People often tend to project what they should be doing onto others. This one time, on a boat ride, this girl slightly more than twice my size (when I was in high school) gave me 2 Dramamine pills. haha. One too many for me...Thus, I learned not everyone is the same. =D