fake tan or real pale?

Options

Replies

• yellowdog77
    Options
    As someone who was not so smart in my younger years and loved the tanning bed do not go. Use the spray or go pale. I have had several spots removed and was told from the location it was most likely from where my skin touch the beds most frequently (pressure points). Stay pale and safe.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Spray tan. I buy the packs. Try one before the new year so you get the hang of it. I love it. It lasts a few days and doesnt cause cancer!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Tanning booths don't use UV rays, which are what causes cancer. So don't let that stop you.
    For goodness sake don't use a spray on or rub on tan! OOMPA LOOMPA!
    Pale is ok though too.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    i once got a spray tan. i got a level 2 color and i'm naturally ghost white. it looked good! you dont get wet for 8 hours, and if you see yourself before the 8 hours and say thats as dark as you want to get, just shower and it doesn't get any darker. it lasts about 5 days. if you're talking about like tanning beds, because you said cancer, and you can't get cancer from a spray tan because it's just basically like paint, then that takes like 10 sessions of tanning to get a tan for us pale people. you start out at like 5 minutes, and then go every other day going up a minute each week. if you start off at a high number of minutes youll burn and peel.
  • bflaa
    bflaa Posts: 1
    Options
    I worked with some soldiers from the Ukraine a few years ago. When their LT was describing how squared away they are, he said (in sort of a Transylvania accent) "Ukranians soldiers very strong, very smart, very white skin". So if you're pasty white--own it! You (and me) will be a big hit in Eastern Europe! ;)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    UGH, be PROUD of your pale skin! Pale is sooo beautiful to me. I'm naturally tan and I hate it. I feel like it clashes with the colors I wear sometimes. -____-
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    pale, just wear leggings. tans are unnatural in the winter, and plus, it's not worth the risk of getting addicted to be tan/tanning and having to keep it up, and then get cancerous moles later. trust me, my friends rib me about being pale, but i have great skin so it's worth it!
  • jessica0
    Options
    hi hun, i use fake tan all the time, i love it
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Jergens Natural Glow is a great fake tan that builds color as you use it...I used to use it occasionally [Im a ginger...So I basically glow in the dark! Lol] A tan does make skin look better, hides imperfections & whatnot; although I normally just go with my normal skin because I refuse to wear shorts or dresses, lol. But yea check out the Jergens one! Its so good
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I tan regularly because I hate my pale skin. Do I worry about skin cancer, sometimes but I do not over indulge; plus I cherish those 12 minutes of extreme heat lol

If you are looking for a special occasion I would go to Sun Tan City and do the spray tan; they do an awesome job! It's called versa tan I think
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Do your research - tanning booths can be VERY BAD for your skin. Do not Fake Bake if you can avoid it. I think the spray tan sounds like a great idea and will show off toned muscles.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I find the creamy white skin tone to be beautiful. The only way "pale" skin looks unhealthy or unattractive is if the person is unhealthy and doesn't moisturize.. and that means guys too! Every skin tone gets "pasty" if it's dry. I say rock what your mamma and daddy gave ya!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Stay pale, I have had jealous goths ask me if I use make up to be so pale...no
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Tanning booths don't use UV rays, which are what causes cancer. So don't let that stop you.
    Um, no. Tanning booths most certainly do use UV rays. How else do you think they induce tanning?

"Because of the adverse effects on human health of overexposure to UV radiation, including skin cancer, cataracts, suppression of the immune system, and premature skin aging, the World Health Organization does not recommend the use of UV tanning devices for cosmetic reasons. In fact, most tanning beds emit mainly UVA rays — which may increase the risk of melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanning_bed

DEFINITELY let that stop you.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I embrace my pale skin and freckles, and usually am told I look younger than I am. I do use the Jergen's natural glow on occasion in the summer time, but usually give it up 'cause it's too much work to keep up. :)
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Skip the tan, spend the money on a new hairdo or piece of new years BLING!
  • tambamis
    tambamis Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Simple, tell everyone you are a vampire. You may need to slaughter a few people to prove your point. Good luck!

Hands down best advice on this topic.

AGREED!
  • cdalt24
    Options
    i love getting spray tans! :) but pale skin is really pretty too
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I am fair-skinned, Finnish/Irish/English. I burn in minutes, and have been a firm believer in sunscreen for most of my life. That being said, I have friends who are as old as me, and some younger, whose skin is wrinkled and ugly............sun is NOT GOOD in large doses, be it the real thing or a tanning booth!! Stay away, and you will truly reap the benefits.

Oh, btw, I am 57 yrs old. I've been mistaken for being more than 10 yrs younger........often.

Pale is the new tan!!!!!

:bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile: :love: :bigsmile:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm a rare pale Mexican. I get made fun of all the time but I'm not all looking like an Oompa Loompa. Stay pale.