fake tan or real pale?

Options

Replies

• ptweightloss
    Options
    FOREVER PALE!
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    Tanning booths don't use UV rays, which are what causes cancer. So don't let that stop you.
    For goodness sake don't use a spray on or rub on tan! OOMPA LOOMPA!
    Pale is ok though too.

Completely false information. One of my oldest friends got skin cancer in her teens due to using tanning booths. :|
  • Brandie1988
    Brandie1988 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Simple, tell everyone you are a vampire. You may need to slaughter a few people to prove your point. Good luck!

Hands down best advice on this topic.

Agreed!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think pale skin is absolutely beautiful - much more so than tanned or fake-tanned skin.
  • threeforagirl
    Options
    As for the OP: I typically embrace my paleness, but I do have a few Airbrush tans saved up at one of the local places that I researched and chose due to their great reviews because sometimes you want a little bit of a sunkissed look. I know they use the higher-quality spray stuff, their airbrushers are very good (and very polite and cool, which you want if you're pretty much naked in front of someone!). If you feel the need for a bit of a sunny glow, just do some Google searching for a good AIRBRUSH tan in your area. Don't go with the automatic machines, I have never seen good results for that. EVER.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Well, you have this:

bad_tan_funny_badtanscom_0015.jpg

Or this:

Armani_fall_makeup_butterboom.jpg
  • applebean
    Options
    I'm naturally pale and I have never gone tanning. Why pay to get cancer? I see so many girls in their 20s tanning on a weekly basis (or worse, a few times a week) and they think they look good... but by the time they are 50, they're going to be looking 70.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Why would you ever want to tan? Pale skin is beautiful, orange not so much.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    if your worried wear hose or tights
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    they think they look good... but by the time they are 50, they're going to be looking 70.

sunburn.jpg
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I look like a vampire in almost all pictures next to my husband.
    I get freckles, no tan.
  • Well if you want a tan by New Years you'd have to get a spray tan.. there's no way a UV bed would add any color to your skin in just 3 days. Spray tans don't influence skin cancer in any way though - its basically like painting your body. If you go to a good place and get a spray thats done right, you won't look orange.

Fake baking in my opinion is looks fine as long as you don't go unnaturally overboard with it - I personally don't do it anymore because of the HUGE risk of skin cancer. I'd rather be pale all winter than die an early death.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I used to tan in my early 20's and I really wish I wouldn't have. Now, I love my pale complexion!
  • skateboardstef
    skateboardstef Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am naturally pale and people compliment me on my skin, especially in the winter. My dad had melanoma in his 30's so I am very cautious about limiting my sun exposure and wearing sunscreen. I also work in a laboratory that does genetic testing on cancer cells, I've see some bizarre and horrible things...cancer is no joke and you shouldn't put yourself at risk for something as stupid as a tan.
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I tanned for a few months before my wedding. Not so smart because a few years ago I was diagnosed with melanoma. Thankfully, the Dr.. was able to remove all of it. However, now I have a 50% chance of it returning in my lifetime.

Please don't be fooled by the claims that tanning beds are not bad for you. They are! Do the research! Thank you to those who have posted some!
  • christinelipski
    christinelipski Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Tan tan tan!!! I'm such a cliche jersey girl, love my fake bake! Lol
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    they think they look good... but by the time they are 50, they're going to be looking 70.

sunburn.jpg
    This photo alone should be enough to discourage those who think tanning is great - just wait.. nature has a way of evening the score...
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I went tanning for 4+ years pretty regularly and absolutely regret it, it's such an addiction. and plus my spray tans never turned out looking natural. I guess I'm just going to have to be pale -- I'd invest in a good bronzer for the winter.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options

sunburn.jpg

We shouldn't generalize. There are always exceptions to the rule. My mother had few wrinkles. At 90 she looked 70. Smoked drank and tanned! No. We shoulnt overdo it, but a lot has to do with genes! I base this only on my experience. I am not disagreeing tanning causes skin cancer.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I really honestly believe that natural pale skin is beautiful. I can't imagine wanting to change that. I love my pale skin and will never have to worry about skin cancer and I will have less wrinkles than someone who does tan. In fact, I'm often mistaken for being at least a decade younger than I actually am, sometimes 2 decades.

I also really find tans unattactive. The skin is basically baked like a turkey in the oven. The logic escapes me how burning your skin can be attractive.

*edited to add* As far as fake tans go, as far as I know there are no health concerns associated with it. But who's more attractive- Snow White or Oompa Loompas?