Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches

Options
ejohndrow
ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
Alright so every once in awhile I like a peanut butter and jelly sandich. The only problem I have with it is that bread is disgusting and ruins it. Does anyone have a suggestion for something fantastic to use that I'm not aware of-like rice cakes or something?

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well, peanut butter and jelly roll ups on a tortilla are nice. Maybe pita bread?
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Well, peanut butter and jelly roll ups on a tortilla are nice. Maybe pita bread?

This!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    alot of times if I don't want the extra calories from the bread I'll just mix the pb and jelly together and eat it like that.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I put peanut butter on a tortilla shell with a strip of jelly and roll it up like a burrito. It's the only way my kids will eat it.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Or you can just mix the pb and jelly in a bowl. I do that with nutella and kraft's natural pb. So amazing x)
  • chrisc16
    Options
    Two spoons; one spoon of peanut butter, and one spoon of jelly. Repeat (only once or twice).
  • shasha_84
    Options
    I like PB&Js on pita bread or a whole wheat bagel
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    the bread ruines the pb&j? what are you, a communist?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    apples? bananas? celery? crackers? beef jerky???
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Well, peanut butter and jelly roll ups on a tortilla are nice.

Sometimes when I want a treat I put the tortilla on the stove for a second and let it get a little crispy and than I proceed to put a very small about of peanut butter (because it melts) and than add just a smidge of honey. So yummy and perfect sweetness.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I love pb&j on saltine crackers! Yummy!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Better bread
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Funny.

I haven't had one of these in a long time. The bad thing for me is that they need to have potato chips with them. Bad bad. :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I like to use tortillas, pita bread, bagels or english muffins, I never use bread for this kind of sandwich.
  • ejohndrow
    Options

I can neither confirm, nor deny, these accusations.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

Hahaha!

Well, I love Orowheat's oatnut bread. I also love making crepes and using pb&j.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

bwhahahahahahaha!
  • TXchris
    TXchris Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Magic pop! It is like a freshly made rice cake... only way better. Generally they are sold at healthfood type grocery stores and are made in store. Hate regular rice cakes but love these.
  • dstauber
    Options
    pb&j on a toasted thomas' light multigrain english muffin... one of my favorite combos! YUM!
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    Magic pop! It is like a freshly made rice cake... only way better. Generally they are sold at healthfood type grocery stores and are made in store. Hate regular rice cakes but love these.
    This sounds good. I'll have to look for it next time I'm near a healthfood store.