How much did you gain during the holidays and WHY?

Options

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    How much? 50 pounds.

Why? I enjoy the challenge.

Also, the holidays aren't over yet. Still aiming for another 25.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain any. In fact, between the beginning of November and Christmas, I lost a little over 2 pounds. I celebrated Thanksgiving twice, and ate Thanksgiving leftovers for a week after. I haven't been working out, either - my elliptical stopped working in that time period.

What I HAVE done is exercise self control. Sure, I ate at Thanksgiving. I ate Thanksgiving food the same way I would any meal. I served myself appropriate portions, more vegetables than anything else, and had one small piece of pie for dessert.

I've had two Xmas cookies and one piece of candy.
    A couple of handfuls of caramel corn and less than one piece of cheesecake.

No, I did not track my calories every day - too many of the "Christmas foods" were too complicated to figure out, But I did use common sense.

not gaining is quite impressive!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It's all fluctuation. I eat then drop a large deuce and viola! It's gone. Slight net gain which will go away, as usual, since I've mastered fat loss.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Stayed about the same.
    Moving is an incredibly stressful time, among all the other holiday issues and temptations.
    You'll be back on track in no time (if you're not already).
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't really know yet, the holidays aren't fully over yet. The scale would have me believe it's about 2 - 3 lbs...but that's pretty good considering I haven't tracked anything since around Christmas Eve or little before. And why? Well because....I'm eating too many calories, duh.
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    7LBS. I GAINED THEM BECAUSE I LOVE GOOD FOOD AND THINGS I USUALLY ONLY MAKE ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR. I AM STRESSED OVER THE MONEY I SPENT. I STRESS OVER CERTAIN FAMILY MEMBERS NOT TALKING AND GETTING INTO ARGUMENTS IN MY HOME. THAT'S ABOUT IT!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I gained a total of .2lbs.
    Yes.. That is POINT 2 lbs. Not 2 lbs.
    I think I did amazingly. :D

Me too! Gained 0.2lbs. I ate a lot of things I wouldn't normally indulge in but just tried to watch portion sizes.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When Hankkah started I was 195 and after I was 203 and decided to join cause a friend told me it would help. I am now 196. Lost 7 lbs in 1 day. Must be water. WHY: It is all that fried foods that did it ...Latkes , chocolate rugelach, "sufganiyot" (jelly-filled doughnuts) and challah are way to good :)
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    0.8 pound gain here. Wewt.
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1 pound, because of one day, my husbands family get together, its a large family, I do not know them and I just sat there drinking wine, and eating roasted vegetables and brie and crackers.
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I didnt gain & miraculously I lost about a pound...I only ate badly one day...xmas day...thanksgiving was good food wise as well as all my other holiday parties and gatherings...
  • debswebby
    Options
    I've gained 5lbs in total. Why? because I have an over active social life. The week before Xmas I had 2 meals out. I said it couldn't be done and I was right. I gained 2lbs. This week, xmas week, have gained 3. Why? because I went face first into the Christmas fare and didn't come up for air until Tuesday.
    I'm confident I'll get it all back off again. If only it came off as quick as goes on
  • nancy5012
    Options
    Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I lost about 4 pounds. Why? I splurged on little on both of those days - but made them holidays not holiweeks or holimonths. I kept my spurge to a minimum. I also kept up with my workouts, last week increased them from 45 minutes to 60 minutes.

I think moving from one place to another can be stressful and results in a complete distruption of your routine. Once you get back into your routine things will get better for you - and having a gym so close is wonderful!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds. Why: I went way over my calorie intake of 1000, Yes, Doctor orders, no, I am NOT starving!!! I drank 2 bottles of Baileys, which is pure fat and a bottle of champagne. No cookies or goodies. No problem passing that up!!!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna think about it!! I've been in a downward spiral since July, when my hubs and I bought our first house. I was constantly moving then and we were way busy so I ate whatever was convenient...I let that keep going even after we fixed up the house and moved. I've made a few attempts to get back on track and I'll do okay for a couple of weeks and then it all goes downhill again. My body is super sensitive to carbs and sodium...so I wouldn't be surprised if I was up 20lbs. from July...but I'm not stepping on the scale! I'm taking baby steps at this point to just get back into the right frame of mind. :drinker:
  • MissJackie88
    Options
    I lost 5 lbs to which I am very surprised considering I had some moments of binging during this holiday season! But every time I did I didn't let it discourage me, I just went right back on track the next DAY not week which I used to be infamous for doing haha.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    How much? Probably about 5 pounds. Don't know for sure.
    Why? Because Santa is jealous of my progress.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    About 5 lbs. Because I spent more days shopping and partying than exercising, and I ate and drank all Christmas weekend without a thought to calories. It was awesome!!

Same here and well said!

Now, I'm getting back at it starting today!
  • kybrandyb
    kybrandyb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound , I ate horrible but counted every calorie of every cookie or whatever i ate and exercises a BUNCH ! Back on track eating right now since i'm back to work and dont have time to exercise as much ........
    13253140.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You go for it!
    I was comfortable at 112lb on Christmas Eve morning. After an evening with friends eating Indian snacks, apple pie, bread and cheese and one gingerbread man I was up to 115lb the next morning. I refused to weigh again till Boxing Day, when I was 118 lb. I wanted to slit my wrists at this point, but had only myself to blame as I had pigged out on all the usual Christmas dinner goodies, plus some chocolate. So the day after Boxing Day I was at my mum's, where it is easy to refuse food and I was very good. Imagine my delight the next day when I weighed 114lb.
    So I am now back on the plan, trying to resist the mountains of delicious left overs (My children will help dispose of them, I'm sure.)
    How long it'll take to get steady back at 112 I daren't think, but it's my son's birthday today, and he's opted to buy in pizza as his treat for tea. Oh, and he's having chocolate birthday cake too.
    This doesn't make easy reading!!!
    Good luck everyone.:laugh: