I CANT LOOSE

Options
I need some inspiration! I have been working out everyday since last monday ; sometimes twice a day and eating right,
I can't loose the weight, not even an inspiring 0.5 lbs , help . whats wrong with me? I just had my thyroid checked so It not
medical. Please help. I have to fit into my wedding dress by may and I ordered it 4 inches too small .:sad:

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    1. Slow down and relax, this isn't 'The Biggest Loser'
    2. Don't trust MFP's calorie burn database, you did not burn 125 cals walking for 25 minutes. Invest in a heart rate monitor.
    3. Slow down and relax, this isn't 'The Biggest Loser'
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You might want to take a closer look at your food diary. In 3 days you've got baked lays, sweet and salty nut bar, nabisco ritz bits, candy, 500 calories in creamy dressing, KFC and a couple of white buns, rolls.

Get some whole grains in there, lean protein, get rid of the chips and nut bars and go for some almonds, peanut butter.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Cut out the processed foods and watch the sodium. Also get a good HRM for accurate calorie burn counts. Add in lean proteins, veggies, whole grain and do not eat below your set goal eating less will harbor your weight loss.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1. Track every morsel every day. I know that i have been in the mindset before where I think that i am doing okay and then I log and it is way over. You only tracked three of the last 9 days or so. Tracking your food is the key to getting in that wedding dress :)!!
    2. You can do it. You get up everyday and start and be awesome.
    3. Pump up the Jam. Workout cardio and strength. You will feel great and look great.
    4. Know that you are awesome! Positive self talk :)!

You will get in the dress !!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Why did you order your wedding dress four inches too small?
  • mjaesi
    Options
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you set your goal weight, height, etc? Also remember to drink LOTS of water. Water will help flush out salt in your system and salt retains water and water is weight.
  • mjaesi
    Options
    so that id loose because my fiance said I was getting big
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Dump him. Lose 200 pounds instantly!

Pam
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    2. Don't trust MFP's calorie burn database, you did not burn 125 cals walking for 25 minutes. Invest in a heart rate monitor.

exactly!
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You might want to take a closer look at your food diary. In 3 days you've got baked lays, sweet and salty nut bar, nabisco ritz bits, candy, 500 calories in creamy dressing, KFC and a couple of white buns, rolls.

Get some whole grains in there, lean protein, get rid of the chips and nut bars and go for some almonds, peanut butter.

Good advice. Watch the sodium. It is probably one of the single most dangerous item in our diets. I struggle with it daily, but it's hard to avoid. Less processed foods, learn to cook at home, smaller portions spaced throughout the day, stay under your goal weight calorie count.

Also, get plenty of rest. Plenty. And drink lots of good, filtered or spring water. Lots ... more than 8 cups a day of you are able.

The weight will come off, but you still need to change some of the habits that have built up over time.

Also, have to agree ... this is NOT The Biggest Loser.

Love yourself, know that this is a JOURNEY and we are here at various stages, but all on different journeys together with you.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration! I have been working out everyday since last monday ; sometimes twice a day and eating right,
    I can't loose the weight, not even an inspiring 0.5 lbs , help . whats wrong with me? I just had my thyroid checked so It not
    medical. Please help. I have to fit into my wedding dress by may and I ordered it 4 inches too small .:sad:

It's because you haven't got a calorie deficit. Either your calories burned is inaccurate, your weight / height general biometrics entered incorrectly so calorie goal not right, or you're not logging accurately enough so not keeping a true count of what is going in vs going out. logging won't make you lose weight but helps you keep track of what is going in vs going out. Simple as that really. Don't believe any other complicated stuff just yet. That's just the basics.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Great idea. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Have you set your goal weight, height, etc? Also remember to drink LOTS of water. Water will help flush out salt in your system and salt retains water and water is weight.
    Water weight won't get you down 4 inches, fat loss is what you want. Water weight comes and goes, so there's not a lot of point in worrying much about it.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Dump him. Lose 200 pounds instantly!

Pam

You caught yourself a real charming guy.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

I can easily burn 125 calories walking for 25 mins. It simply depends on how fast you're walking. ;)
  • mjaesi
    Options
    thanks everyone! i know i haven't made the best eating decisions, it used to be so easy for me to loose weight. i would
    eat healthier and poof 20 down, now that i hit my highest weight ever 215, i think i just feel the pressure getting stronger. headed
    to the gym for now. thanks again :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    SUPER! Sounds like a real charmer! :flowerforyou:
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    It's fairly simple to see what the issue is, as the other user mentioned. You're sneaking in those pesky "low cal" scam snacks.

Ditch the canned, processed fruits and eat the real things! Especially those little mandarin orange cups. Ditch corn, your body doesn't digest it and it doesn't do much for you. Eat all your meals; I noticed you're skipping meals. It's important to have a balance or your body will retain everything. Last but certainly not least, drink water! I would suggest you drink it continuously throughout the day. 5 cups a day will not do it. If you want fast results, glowing skin and to feel full, then drink water with every meal and between meals.

All the best.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I took a two week gander through your diary...here is what I suggest:

1. Make sure that you have input your measurements
    2. Track Everything you consume and be honest
    3. Do not eat more than your goal calories
    4. Do not Starve yourself with less than 1200/day thinking you shed weight. Your body will go into starvation mode.
    5. EXERCISE

You've made the choice. Now commit and ACT upon that choice. IF YOU WANT IT...GET IT!
    The decision to do or do not is yours....