Black Women No Longer "Weighting" To Lose Weight!

Options

Replies

• TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I just started going natural a few weeks ago and I did the BC last week! I like having my TWA nice and breezy as I sweat! :)

Anyone feel free to add me if any of you are looking for support! We are going to make 2012 WORK :)
    This is wonderful, but I guess I'm out of the loop. What it "BC" and "TWA"?
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    Amen!
  • Leanne_fat2fab
    Leanne_fat2fab Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is awsome.!! Lookin for all the support I can get :)
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    my hair wont matter If I dropped dead from CHF or Diabetes

This is the truth!!!!
  • only1tcb
    Options
    Hi Ladies. I'm all about supporting folks to success. Feel free to add me as a friend.

I'm happy to see the our community has realized the importance of exercise and nutrition.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just started going natural a few weeks ago and I did the BC last week! I like having my TWA nice and breezy as I sweat! :)

Anyone feel free to add me if any of you are looking for support! We are going to make 2012 WORK :)
    This is wonderful, but I guess I'm out of the loop. What it "BC" and "TWA"?
    LOL...BC is a big chop when we cut off our hair to go natural and TWA is the Teeny Weeny Afro we have after the BC. :-). I BC'd back in May...wearing braids right now.
  • iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This makes me happy! :smile:
  • frenchiep87
    frenchiep87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all of the other posts on this forum. I've lost almost 80 lbs about 3 years with a relaxer and gained about 50 of it back :angry: (I know, it's a struggle). I've been natural for about 2 years so hair is no longer an issue. But I do agree that there is this myth, fear, misconception, whatever about black women and being healthy. I hate being looked upon as that "angry fat black woman" (that probably can sing) and want to break down those misconceptions.

Please feel free to add me! I need as much support as I can get and would like to support you as well!
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for supporting each other! I forgot to mention that you can add me!
  • QDB1
    QDB1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I am natural and have been for almost 2 years, it works for me and I workout regularly I don't worry about my hair I look at the bigger picture feel free to add me.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just saw this on the message board. Messages move so fast I guess that's why I missed it. Count me in. I have started the 30 Day Shred after seeing some of the great results in the Success Stories and Fitness discussions. I have done Supreme 90 Day and had great results then came the holidays and now I am getting back into the groove. Please anyone feel free to add me and I will be posting before and after results of the 30 Day Shred.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies (and some fellas, LOL)

Loving this post and it is very motivating. :love:
  • Troi2012
    Options
    Awesome message. Yeah, I hate my hair to curl up when I sweat (my hair is natural), but hey that is what I bought a Chi Iron for LOL. Everyone can add me too :drinker:
  • tsolomon75
    tsolomon75 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great post and so very TRUE!
    Hey Sistas! I'm so inspired by every woman on MFP but mostly..black women! The myth is that black women do not workout because we don't want to mess up our hair & many other reasons. While that may be true for some, we're choosing health over hair! Let's all come together & support each other! [if you don't mind having new friends] Black women are plagued by so many diseases. You lose more weight with support! :happy:
  • MIssnewme9211
    MIssnewme9211 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :happy: ...I HEAR YA LADIES!!!
  • winefine2012
    Options
    loving the positve people on here! :heart: :heart: :heart:

....add me i'm on here daily
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    Awesome post everyone feel free to add me!
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I went natural so I can wash and go. Hair will not hold me down... Hypertension and diabetes are much greater concerns..

Oh yes, a very big concern. I've even walked in the rain, some a work was surprise that a black women will walk in the rain because of the hair issue. Thats what blow dryer, flat iron, curling irons are made for. :laugh:
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Went natural. Wash and go (:
    I can exercise when I please.
  • bluejones
    bluejones Posts: 25
    Options
    Awesome post... very motivating!!! I'll be checking in here regularly! :wink: