what types of exercises do you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Lauramg - I think I have tried them all...and Turbo Jam by far is my favorite. It can be low intensity or high intensity. It's fun and I am always shocked how quickly the time flies. It's my personal favorite!

I will try that, thanks. you can just call me Laura.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Right now can't exercise, hurt my back

Regular Routine consist of:
    P90X Lean program 6 days
    The Bean 6 days - substitue for P90X AB Ripper X (Back Problems)
    On day 7 I either do the P90X stretch or Yoga (Rodney Yee)

On the days I can't do the P90X due to time or pain I walk on my TreadClimber for 60 min

Sorry to hear about your back, my hubby is down in his back so I am taking care of him.
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey Laura - I think you really have to find an exercise that you love. My husband is a Beachbody Coach and we have every fitness DVD made my them and I've tried many. I keep coming back to Turbo Jam because it's fun and there are several that are 20 minutes or less. I'm a busy mom and I work too, so fitting in a hour long thing is hard for me. I have learned to park farther from the buildings, take the stairs, dance around, and do anything I can to move my body. At first I was so overweight that it felt like I was carrying around an extra person on my back. Once I lost a few pounds and could feel the difference, it was motivating. I kept repeating to myself "this is good for me, this is good for me".

Bottom line, find something you love. Something that you look forward to doing every day. Being fit and healthy is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family.
  • nuttyrubs
    nuttyrubs Posts: 95
    Options
    how do u subscribe to that..does it cost awfully lot
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura;

You might like to start with the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 5 Day Slim Down. It is not high impact unless you choose to make it so. The workout consists of warm up plus 5 seperate miles you can combine anyway you like, and a cool down strech.

Happy trails!

Alice
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    How to you subcribe to what? Beachbody?
  • tracy24
    tracy24 Posts: 188
    Options
    right now im doing p90x ive done p90 and had great sucess i lost 30 pounds and 3 jeans sizes anything from Beachbody.com is good Tony is awesome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hey Laura - I think you really have to find an exercise that you love. My husband is a Beachbody Coach and we have every fitness DVD made my them and I've tried many. I keep coming back to Turbo Jam because it's fun and there are several that are 20 minutes or less. I'm a busy mom and I work too, so fitting in a hour long thing is hard for me. I have learned to park farther from the buildings, take the stairs, dance around, and do anything I can to move my body. At first I was so overweight that it felt like I was carrying around an extra person on my back. Once I lost a few pounds and could feel the difference, it was motivating. I kept repeating to myself "this is good for me, this is good for me".

Bottom line, find something you love. Something that you look forward to doing every day. Being fit and healthy is the best thing you can do for yourself and your family.

thanks. this is very helpful.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi Laura;

You might like to start with the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home 5 Day Slim Down. It is not high impact unless you choose to make it so. The workout consists of warm up plus 5 seperate miles you can combine anyway you like, and a cool down strech.

Happy trails!

Alice

Thanks so much, I already have Leslie's Walk Away The Pounds With Water Weights, I have done the 2 miles on it, and I have the walk at home walk slim, it has 4 miles on it and I have done 2 miles with also. I will have to check into the one that you mentioned.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    right now im doing p90x ive done p90 and had great sucess i lost 30 pounds and 3 jeans sizes anything from Beachbody.com is good Tony is awesome!

I will have to try that. Thank you.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    bump
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura;

Happy trails!

Alice

Laura, you can do this video at any pace. I love it on my off days when I am exhausted I just stroll thru the vid........on my work out day I ramp it up! You can get the dvd for $15 at Walmart!

Go for it! If I can do it you can too! I was so out of shape I couldnt walk to the corner and back without oxygen!

Yeah Leslie Sansone!! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hi Laura;

Happy trails!

Alice

Laura, you can do this video at any pace. I love it on my off days when I am exhausted I just stroll thru the vid........on my work out day I ramp it up! You can get the dvd for $15 at Walmart!

Go for it! If I can do it you can too! I was so out of shape I couldnt walk to the corner and back without oxygen!

Yeah Leslie Sansone!! :flowerforyou:

thanks, I love Leslie Sansone
  • jackolina
    Options
    I do about 6 miles of bike riding outdoors which I love because I live right by the ocean! :glasses: Then right back at home I do about 200 reps of ab work on my friends Total Gym. Its a start but I'm wanting to up my reps pretty soon.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I do about 6 miles of bike riding outdoors which I love because I live right by the ocean! :glasses: Then right back at home I do about 200 reps of ab work on my friends Total Gym. Its a start but I'm wanting to up my reps pretty soon.

wow, that would kill me right now. I am still working my weigh back up to being active.
  • notoriousteaz
    Options
    I live in Colorado, so it's sunny 330 days a year--I can't help but go walk outside every time it gets above sixty! :laugh: I'll put in my headphones and walk for hours at a time and occasionally watch the sun set--the calories add up so fast if you keep a good pace. (I walk to the beat of my music, and that really helps.)

It might not be helpful for anyone who has a real job :wink: since I'm still a student I can get away with that stuff.

Besides long walks, I do a lot of calisthenics--especially on the Swiss exercise ball, it makes it more fun somehow. :tongue:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I live in Colorado, so it's sunny 330 days a year--I can't help but go walk outside every time it gets above sixty! :laugh: I'll put in my headphones and walk for hours at a time and occasionally watch the sun set--the calories add up so fast if you keep a good pace. (I walk to the beat of my music, and that really helps.)

It might not be helpful for anyone who has a real job :wink: since I'm still a student I can get away with that stuff.

Besides long walks, I do a lot of calisthenics--especially on the Swiss exercise ball, it makes it more fun somehow. :tongue:

I love walking, It is susposed to be warm here today so I am going to try to go walking today.