Replies

• stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I got a coffee cup
  • tbear16
    tbear16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    A damn coffee travel mug the person who give it to me said now you can take your coffee to work in the morning. ;/
    I stop drinking coffee 6 months a go .lol
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    *groan* from work...they handed out nice fleece jackets with our logo to everyone...only they gave me one in a size L...I'm a 2X in most jackets... It was the largest woman's available from the ordering catalog...something to work towards I guess...
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Nothing, because that is what I received: nothing.

same here :sad:
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    i got dumped

This is the worst ever! So sorry! :(
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    i got dumped

That is horrible - what sort of person would do that?
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I got like 6 Panera gift cards total from my aunts

While I love Panera with all this money I have exclusively for it could give me some extreme temptations!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Eeks, this is why I don't buy presents for anyone outside of my immediate family (except the adopt-a-family, but that's anonymous). I'd probably be the one people posted about, saying...she got me the ugliest thing or the cheapest thing! :tongue:

All of my children are taught to earn money and buy or make everyone else in the immediate family a gift for Christmas. They need to know it's about giving, not getting. So, with three children, I am never without something to open. I am always so tickled by their selections and perceptions of what is important to me :smile: .:heart:
  • rillwutter
    rillwutter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was very happy with everything I got, I told my family ahead of time that I was losing weight so I didnt want anything that was really bad for me. I also told them not to get me anything because I really didn't want anything for Christmas, but if they were going to buy me something I had a short list of things that I would like. I did splurg a little and bought myself a nice climbing treestand : ) I was also happy that I did not gain any weight over the holiday......

The only down side to the holiday was that my 15 year old nephew and 13 year old niece both were trying to hurt me any chance they got, I only come home a few times a year so I think in their excitment to see me that is their way of showing love lol, at least I like to think so.

Good luck to everyone with their goals : )
  • tracym17
    tracym17 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I received some gifts that I will never use and that I would not have chosen. However, my family and friends took time to think about me, chose something for me and spent their money on me and gave these gifts with love. For that reason I love everything that I received, even if it is not something I wanted and I think it is very ungracious to complain about a gift that someone has put time, effort and money into giving you.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I got a snuggie. yeah. eh, could be worse i guess.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I got a snuggie. yeah. eh, could be worse i guess.

I got the forever lazy!

What do I need with a onesie that has a buttflap?!
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I received some gifts that I will never use and that I would not have chosen. However, my family and friends took time to think about me, chose something for me and spent their money on me and gave these gifts with love. For that reason I love everything that I received, even if it is not something I wanted and I think it is very ungracious to complain about a gift that someone has put time, effort and money into giving you.

This.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I can't just name one thing. although at my in-laws I did just get a shirt. So, a shirt.
    What makes it nasty is that either they went crazy with water for the live tree and just poured it all over the place, or the cat has a very weak bladder and wanted to go on the tree. This is why I don't like live trees, and don't like to put all the presents under the tree.

So wet shirt, hopefully wet with water.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I got candy and pumpkin bread - from a family member who is a bit evil and knows I've been trying to lose weight. In fact, when I saw her on the weekend of the 12th, she said I was doing well she gave us:

- cherry cordials
    - pumpkin bread
    - sour gummies
    - skittles
    - junior mints
    - cookies and peppermint bark

My husband got:
    - 3 boxes of sour patch kids
    - 4 boxes of nerds and a nerds rope

I got
    - life saver gummies
    - an intense desire to hurt those people who got us candy.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A hoodie that has betty boop on it and says "flirt"
    I don't like betty boop
    I am 23 years old
    It was a nice thought and I appreicate the gift but I will never wear it.
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Anti-wrinkle cream from my husband's grandad. I'm only 27 :(
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    A cocktail napkin tray and a dip knife (small butter knife) that I will never use. Yes, it's pretty and it was a nice thought, but will never use it! Give me something I can use!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Mine was a bag of vanilla pan cake mix, a little one, like to make 5 pancakes and when that person gave it to me, he told me: "Now you know what we like for breakfast" ... im sure he tought it was ok to give me that or that it was nice, he is the sweetest guy so im not offended but that gift sucks!
    I tell people not to get me anything, because I never like any presents anyway. Just send a card - that I like!
    Everything I want I already have, and gifts are never anything I'd get for myself like some horrid shirt or wrinkle free chinos [tacky].

But somebody always tries anyway.
    This years goose egg turned out to be a pair of very expensive, hand made shoes direct from Milan.
    I hated them - wrong color.....too flat.....wore funny....
    I re-gifted to a worker about that size.

And then I am flooded with gift cards to chain restaurants I'd never go to like Red Lobster or Olive Garden....
    Those I re-gift to the mail lady, cleaning lady and various other people I run across.
    I do not like gifts.
    I thought the one exception was a 1 hour massage, but I was humiliated with a spontanious errection at the hands of a 63 year old licensed therapist. "OK, turn over"....:noway:

Anyway, just send me a card, and I'm good. No more gifts - PLEASE!

i think this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. :laugh: Thanks for my Friday morning laugh!!:happy:
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Gastric Flu