The Ultimate Vegan Protein Thread

Options
1235»

Replies

• redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned Turtle Island Tofurky products? Yeah, they're processed, but one of their sausages has a whopping 27 grams of protein. I don't eat them that often, but when I need a fast meal after getting home late at night from the gym I grill one up with some veggies. Throw in a little quinoa pasta with some nutritional yeast (or nooch as it's called) and you've got yourself a high-protein meal.
  • kimberlylane16
    kimberlylane16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump :) thanks!!
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Bump!

No longer vegan (I like my Greek yogurt and honey too much) but still a veg head.
  • lisa_e2012
    lisa_e2012 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Thanks, I've been looking for ways to get good veggie protein - getting so fed up with eggs and chicken!
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    New BFF for introducing me to those blogs/recipes- Thank you!!! Plus I got a chuckle out of your writing lol

Can I also add- Quorn Vegan Burgers....best Vegan/Veggie Burger out there. Thank me later ;)
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is also a great protein source.

And, as you say, there are some "mock meats" that are just delicious and protein rich (and really quite low in calories) - redwood do a great range, as do Fry's and lots of others.

There are even coconut yoghurts out there that are delish!

For those in the East of Australia, I get a lot of my "mock meats" from www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great thread, thanks!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I know this is old but I found this thread and there has been a lot of vegan vegetarian protein questions lately and it seems very good advice here.