5'6 females

Options
13»

Replies

• cnotefwb
    cnotefwb Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 34 with no kids. Most of my adult life, I've fluctuated between 145 and 160. (163 at the highest). I'm usually in the mid 150's. Currently mid 140's. I actually feel pretty good at 140. But I'm going for 130-135 now.
  • abc_life
    Options
    well this thread made me feel horrible..im 164.2 as of this morning and was 169.9 this past sunday...

i havent weighed at 125 since i was 17, im 23 no..i would kill to weigh what you ladies are..so there
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", and I weigh 185 right now. My highest weight was just under 200. I would like to ultimately be around 150 or 155. I think it's interesting how we can all be 5'6" and still have pretty varied body types. I have a medium bone structure, and I am top heavy, also kinda hippy. I was 127 throughout High School, but I think 150 would be great!
  • I'm 5'6 and I'm 145lbs

My goal weight is approximately 120-125lbs depending on my body fat percentage.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    this thread has made me think, my self perception of my body must be totally screwed!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    this thread has made me think, my self perception of my body must be totally screwed!

we weigh roughly the same right now, i'm trying to gain...you're trying to lose
    something to think about
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

something to think about

Nope actually I was 102 and Ive managed to gain weight :) Not trying to gain or lose at the moment :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

something to think about

Nope actually I was 102 and Ive managed to gain weight :) Not trying to gain or lose at the moment :)

oh sorry, i understood it as you wanting to go from 112 to 110
  • k_harvey
    k_harvey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! :flowerforyou: Feel free to friend me if you want extra support! I am renewing my commitment to MFP this week because I've gained 10+ pounds since last May when I stopped logging. I am currently 5'6" and weigh 148.5 as of this morning. I have a very hard time staying under 140!! I got to my original goal weight of 137 in the spring and it has crept back up from there. I loved how it felt to be at my goal weight but didn't maintain it - while very sad, I know this site works if I just stick to logging my calories and exercise!!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 years old and 5 foot 6. I have 5 children, i've been pregnant 8 times. I'm currently in the 170s, but I feel my best when i'm between 140 and 145. (The last time I was at this weight was 2 years ago. Then I got pregnant and miscarried fraternal twins at 12 and a half weeks along...ended up gaining everything back after the miscarriage...emotional eating & stress.) Getting under 140 is something I have not been able to do with a healthy diet, I had to reduce my cals way too much. I have a fairly curvy frame, when i'm 140-145 i'm a 36-28-38...I think maybe that's why I have trouble getting lower in weight, I carry a bit more in my hip and thigh area...it's killer to lose.
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    With the support of the message boards and telling yourself you deserve to be lighter, and healthier... You can do it... Just remind yourself that your worth it every day....
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. When Im 140lb my statistics are the same as yours. Currently Im aged 43 with stats of 38, 32 42 and 155lb. All my weight is in hips and thighs and as Ive had 3 children I have a bit of a big tummy too. My top half, arms, shoulders bust, is a size smaller so I always think I look slightly unbalanced! Ive emotionally eaten 30 extra pounds within a couple of months lol
    I'm 35 years old and 5 foot 6. I have 5 children, i've been pregnant 8 times. I'm currently in the 170s, but I feel my best when i'm between 140 and 145. (The last time I was at this weight was 2 years ago. Then I got pregnant and miscarried fraternal twins at 12 and a half weeks along...ended up gaining everything back after the miscarriage...emotional eating & stress.) Getting under 140 is something I have not been able to do with a healthy diet, I had to reduce my cals way too much. I have a fairly curvy frame, when i'm 140-145 i'm a 36-28-38...I think maybe that's why I have trouble getting lower in weight, I carry a bit more in my hip and thigh area...it's killer to lose.
  • staceybr01
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the great responses! I have struggled with accepting my weight (and not obsessing about it) my entire life, and it was SO helpful to hear from other real people. Best of luck to all of you with your goals!
  • starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Options
    This is an interesting post - I too am 5'6 - but am at my highest now and seem to be climbing higher.

I am 194 (today) - I had been going to the gym regularly before joining here in January - now, posting and watching everything i eat - trying to keep it around 1200. On gym days, I do eat some of my calories back cause otherwise I find myself grazing.

But it seems since I started here, I have gained 6 lbs... and I'm not liking that at all.
  • starryk
    starryk Posts: 53
    Options
    Forgot to link: to the poster who said 100 lbs for 5' and 5lbs for each inch over.......

Very generic formula which doesn't factor in body frame and age. I have never felt fit or healthy at 130lb, and find that around 145lbs is the best weight for me. I've worked out all my life and have some muscle on me, which as we all know takes up less space than fat and why I probably always looked like I weighed a lot less than my 145. Which, unfortunately I'm NOT at this point of my life. :cry:

So, bottom line, @ 5'6" I am striving to get back to 145-148 lbs.

How do you figure what type of body frame you have and what would be the best weight for that frame? Thanks!

I found a post where you take your thumb and forefinger and grasp your wrist - if your fingers overlap, you are a small; if they touch you are a medium; and if there is a gap, you are a large frame. Hope this helps.