A question for runners

Options
124»

Replies

• doctor_mike
    Options
    It's a must have....helps focus and gets me into a rhythm.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Love PodRunner App, you can download and run by BPM. I also like music but for training PodRunner is super.
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    Inside on the mill, yes. Outside, never.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Not usually. I like just losing myself in the run, concentrating on the run itself. I find it meditative
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Nope. Its funny I don't listen to music for the reasons a lot of people do.
    I listen to my body while I run. My breathing, my foot strikes. I focus on being efficient with every stride and having "light" feet.

I used to listen to music but these days I don't need it. Even on my 16 mile runs. I find it very relaxing to run without it.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    About 80% of the time its with music. I run outside and I like to blast my music I just run in the direction cars are coming so I see them and can keep an eye on them. If it's dark I wont since I run outside, but I haven't done that in a while since I had a coyote run in with 2 coyotes one night, scary to say the least lol. Sometimes I do find that running without music is peaceful but I have to be in the mood for that.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    When I started running I couldn't even consider running without music. Distracted me and made the time go faster. So it became sort of a "must" for me... but since I've gotten more into running, I sometimes will run with a group or just not want that distraction. I don't have the volume up high, but I do love getting into the music sometimes, especially on long runs. I gave up the treadmill, I hate running on it, but if I'm at the gym I listen to the tv's. I'd still say I run with music about 90% of the time.. mostly out of habit now!