Ripped in 30 - January

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I did a little bit of Zumba here and there but always seem to run out f time. I do have Killer Buns and Thighs but never tried it. It looks fun though! Which level do you do? To be honest Level 1 looks pretty tough already! How does it compare to RI30? To which level would you compare it in terms of difficulty?

Running out of time is the issue I face too. Killer Buns and Thighs is a GREAT workout. I've only done it 4 times or so and I swear I'm noticing results already. Although, I'm doing it in combination with RI30, which definitely should get credit as well.

So far, I'm only on level 1 of Buns and Thighs. It was HARD the first time but seems like it is getting exponentially easier (because I'm quickly getting stronger). What's really hard is having the mental stamina and time to do both workouts - one after the other. Level 1 is about 40-45 minutes so pretty time consuming.

It's hard to compare to RI30 in terms of difficulty, sort of an apples and oranges thing. Maybe level 3 in RI30 because I found that one to be so challenging to knees / thighs / bum. But it really is it's own animal.

Let me know if you try it and what you think! I could use a "buns buddy" to help me stick with it.

I see what you mean! Sounds pretty tough though! I would find it hard to motivate myself to do another 45 mins after Ripped. I guess you just have to get into the habit. I am currently planning to start doing Couch 2 5K. I used to really enjoy running and would love to start again. Also it is just around 3 times a week and you only run about 30 mins so pretty doable.
    I'll definitely will do Killer Buns and Thighs though. I was thinking to maybe do a mix of her workouts once I am done with Ripped.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It's been very quiet around here. I hope everyone is getting on okay! We're so close to the end now!

I had to take another day off yesterday due to revision bit I'm looking forward to carrying on today after my exam. I'm finding level 4 simultaneously easier and harder: easier because I can do all of the moves this time around, but harder because it's killing me. The cool down isn't as long either (she just has you laying on the floor thinking about what you've done for most of it) so I ended up very, very sore afterwards. I think I might have to consider adding a yoga workout afterwards.

I hope all you others are finding level 4 enjoyable too. Only 6 more days left for me and I'm so excited to see what (if any) results I have!

Good luck and stay motivated!
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    Sorry Lemonsocks! I'm still around but have changed things up a little and have been forgetting to check in to the message board. I'm still doing Jillian workouts but not the RI30 per se... Due to an old shoulder injury I can't do the crazy plank stuff, just the regular plank move. Plus, I never felt like I was "done" when I got done with RI30, even though I was tired. Didn't feel like abs or stretching was sufficient either. So, I took the best stuff from all 4 weeks as well as one or two moves from other Biggest Loser videos and created my own routine. I do each exercise for 60 seconds and work on a 3 strength, 3 cardio, and 2 abs system. I have 4 circuits I do in this fashion. In all, with warmup and stretching it takes me a little over an hour to finish but I feel GREAT! I use my phone to clock the 60 seconds so I can listen to music while I do it. I feel like I'm pushing myself much harder too.I've been doing this for about a week and love it. I figure if I get bored with it I can switch things up a little later but for right now I'm just gonna stick with the same routine for awhile. I haven't really lost much weight but I can definitely see my body changing. Hope things are going well or you too!