January 2012 Biggest Loser Challenge

Options
Begins January 1, 2012
Ends January 31, 2012

This Challenge is for those of us that want to push yourselves to the next level to a achieve a healthily life. Your overall result will include weight loss, inches loss, BMI reduction, body fat %, weight loss %, exercise minutes and challenges. The overall result will be a %.

Beginning Check-in will be January 1, 2012. Check-in will include the following information: weight, waist inches (at belly button), hips inches (largest area), wrist inches, forearm inches (right below elbow), male or female and height (feet & inches). You may post your check-in information on the message board or email me. Please friend me because I will post reminders and etc. Also, this is a great place to support each other.

Please check back because I will be posting additional information on the challenge. Which will include instructions, daily challenges and bonus challenges. This challenge is setup for those that are interested in making a healthly change in their lives. You will need to be dedicated the entire month of January to the challenge. So, if you aren't looking for a challenge this isn't for you.

I am on the Easter Time Zone.

Replies

• tsumpter
    tsumpter Posts: 491
    Options
    There will be eliminations each week. The number that will be eliminated will be determined by the number of participants.

Beginning Check-in by January 1, 2012 with weight & all measurements. (to be in the challenge just send me your information on this post or email it to me)

Time Zone: Eastern

Following check-ins will be: (you may send me your information by email or post on here)
    January 6, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on January 7, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    January 13, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on January 14, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    January 20, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on January 21, 2012 or you will be eliminated)
    January 31, 2012 (no later than 9 a.m. (eastern) on February 1 , 2012 or you will be eliminated) (final check-in)

When you check in this is the information that you will need to submit:
    Current Weight:
    Current waist inches:
    Current hips inches:
    Current wrist inches:
    Current forearm inches
    Exercise Minutes:
    Daily Challenges Completed:
    Bonus Challenge Completed:

The Daily Challenge and Bonus Challenges will be listed below
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I am in EASTERN TIME ZONE.

The BONUS CHALLENGES will be: (If you complete the bonus challenge you will receive an extra point)

January 1-5: complete an extra 100 burpees
    January 6-12: complete an extra 150 crunches
    January 13-19: complete an extra 100 jumping jacks
    January 20-26 complete an extra 50 slip squats
    January 27-31 complete an extra 50 jumping jacks

Also, if you aren't for sure how to do an exercise youtube has awesome videos that I have found to be very beneficial for me. If you can't complete the exercises and need to subsititue with another exercise please feel free to do so.
  • tsumpter
    Options
    I'm on the Eastern Time Zone

Week #1 Daily Challenges:

(all the challenges includes staying under target calories and drinking 64 ounces of water)

Sun. January 1st: 50 Crunches, 3 sets of 15 swimmers, 3 setso of 15 woodchops & 10 mermaids
    Mon. January 2nd: 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 15 swimmers & 3.1 mile walk, run or bike
    Tues. January 3rd: 50 jumping jacks & 20 globe jumps
    Wed. January 4th: 1 min. bear walk, 20 leg lifts and 100 jumping jacks
    Thurs. Januray 5th: 5 mile walk, run or bike & 3 sets of 15 triceps reps
    Fri. Janurary 6th: Check-In, Rest Day and you have to do something nice for yourself (must be check-in no later than 9 a.m. (Eastern)on the 7th or you will be eliminated)

Good LUCK!!!!!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Week #2:

All Challenges include staying under your target calories and you must drink 64 ounces of water each day.

Sat. January 7th: 3 sets of 15 split squats, 50 jumping jacks & 8 leg beats on each leg
    Sun. January 8th: 15 bridges on each leg, 50 crunches & 5 frogs
    Mon. January 9th: 3.1 miles walk, run or bike, 3 sets of 15 wood chops & 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses
    Tues. January 10th: 3 sets of 15 leg circles, 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers & 3 sets of 15 leg lifts
    Wed. January 11th: 35 Burpees, 50 jumping jacks, 1 min. Bear Walk & 20 split squats
    Thurs. January 12th: 5 miles of walk, run or bike, 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 wood chops & 3 sets of 21's
    Fri. January 13th: Check-in (no later than 9 a.m. Eastern January 14th), Rest Day and you have to do something nice for yourself :smile:
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Is this Challenge open to anyone? I'd love to join!
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Week# 3:

Daily Challenges: (complete each daily challenge this week to receive an extra point)

All daily challenges include staying under target calories and drinking 64 ounces of water each day!!

Sat. Jan. 14th: 100 jumping jacks & 100 crunches
    Sun. Jan. 15th: 30 Burpees, 50 crunches, 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses & 3 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Mon. Jan. 16th: 3.1 miles walk, run or bike, 3 sets of 15 triceps reps & 3 sets of 15 wood chops
    Tues. Jan. 17th: 30 Burpees, 50 crunches, 1 min. Bear Walk & 50 jumping jacks
    Wed. Jan 18th: 50 crunches, 30 mermaids & 30 side line bicycles on each leg
    Thur. Jan. 19th: 5 miles walk, run or bike & 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 tricep reps
    Fri. Jan. 20th: Check-in, (no later the 9 a.m. Eastern January 21st) Rest Day and you must do something nice for yourself
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Week #4

Daily Challenges: (complete each daily challenge this week to receive an extra point)

All daily challenges include staying under target calories and drinking 64 ounces of water each day!!

Sat. Jan. 21st: 20 split squats, 30 globe jumps, 20 jumping jacks & 20 crunches
    Sun. Jan. 22nd: 30 Burpees, 100 crunches & 100 jumping jacks
    Mon. Jan. 23rd: 3.1 miles walk, run or bike, 3 sets of 15 triceps reps, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 15 swimmers
    Tues. Jan. 24th: 30 Burpees, 50 crunches, 10 frogs & 50 jumping jacks
    Wed. Jan 25th: 20 crunches, 10 mermaids, 10 side line bicycles on each leg & 10 bridges on each leg
    Thur. Jan. 26th: 5 miles walk, run or bike & 3 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 3 sets of 15 tricep reps
    Fri. Jan. 27th: Check-in, (no later the 9 a.m. Eastern January 21st) Rest Day and you must do something nice for yourself
  • tsumpter
    Options
    Week #5

Sat. Jan. 28tht: 15 Burpees, 1 min. Bear Walk, 20 crunches & 20 jumping jacks
    Sun. Jan. 29th: 20 Split Squats, 20 leg circles, 20 bridges, 20 frogs & 50 jumping jacks
    Mon. Jan. 30th: 3.1 miles walk, run or bike, 3 sets of 15 triceps reps, 3 sets of 15 wood chops, 3 sets of 15 swimmers
    Tues. Jan. 31st: Final Check-in, (no later the 9 a.m. Eastern January 21st) Rest Day and you must do something nice for yourself

GOOD Luck Everyone & Enjoy Yourself!!!!!!
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Can I join?
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll email you my info.
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • balston2010
    balston2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i am so in...
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you, my weight has been going in the wrong direction lately and I really need something to help get me back on track.
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I compiled this all in a word document and put it in my 12-week-plan binder!
  • mamekay
    Options
    This is just what I need. I'm in. I'll email you my info. Thanks.
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    in
  • Driving_Miss_Daisy
    Options
    Do all the excersises have to be done at once or through the day. Like 2 mile walk at lunch and 10 jumping jacks. Then after dinner 3 mile walk and 30 jumping jacks. Reason I ask is, I have a bad knees and a 5 mile walk at once or a lot of jumping will kill them.

If we can break it up throughout the day, I think I can do this.
  • tanya54727
    tanya54727 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im up for this challenge, count me in
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in fo sho!