Question: Over 300 lbs and loss with no surgery???

Options

Replies

• The_Finja
    The_Finja Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    In October 2010, I was diagnosed with VERY high blood pressure, I was put on 2 different medications right away and was weighing in at 341. I started making changes then and joind MFP in February of 2011 at 327.5. I'm very proud to say that I'm in maintanence now at 177, (actually I go between 174 - 180). I did this with the help of MFP as a calorie tracker, (I made a modified diet program), and am so glad that I can say I did this on my own, ( with the help from MFP friends), but with out surgery or pills. Today I'm off all of my meds and as a matter of fact, I'm running a 5 km run tonight called the "resolution run" to bring in the new year of healthy living. You can do it, you just need to believe in yourself. Believe me, if I could do it anyone can, I have never been this weight in my adult life, so this is all new and exciting for me, like a new adventure in my life. Good luck to you.
  • ChasingHaven
    ChasingHaven Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    no surgery here and I went from over 300lbs to where I am now in approx 2 years.

^^^^http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/430141-warning-bikini-photos-from-april-june-and-ddec-2011

: ) just read and is now very inspired!
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I feel this post is putting people down who had weight loss surgery. If you have never been through the process, then you don't know how hard it is. I had gastric bypass surgery and I don't regret it all. I was on death's door. I tried losing weight on my own, I always gained it back.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't think weight loss surgery is NEVER an option. For some people, that's what works. But the OP asked if it was possible without surgery, and many of us are proof that it can be.
  • Umrt54
    Umrt54 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Keep it up. I started out at 355 April 1 and am down to 280. It works, you just have to let it.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Okay, wow. This post is amazingly inspiring! To all who have commented and shared your stories, you are incredible! Thank you for commenting and serving as living proof that it can be done, to those with a little or a lot to lose. Big hugs to all of you!

PS: I shared this with my friends on Facebook. Hoping some of them will check this out and you all can be an inspiration for them, as well!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I started at almost 350, and am now around 225-ish (waiting to weigh in until Sunday). No pills, no surgery, no supplements except for a multi vitamin when I remember, no "diet" food for the most part.

Eat less, move more.

good stuff.. congrats
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Hiya,

It's definately possible.
    Check out this group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/761-200-to-lose for support too.

♥Carolinamomma3♥ is a great inspiration too and her pics show where she has been and the amazing 158 pounds she has lost.

And 500lbs2marathon is a freaking legend - definately worth reading his story, he has a website too it's www.500lbs2marathon.com

GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You can definitely do it. I started at 336 pounds and currently weigh 171. It took years of trial and error, etc. I just finally changed my whole lifestyle. I had to quit "dieting". In my mind frame I was punishing myself or missing out on stuff I liked. By learning to balance eating and exercising and finding healthier alternatives, 100 cal versions, etc., I am loving everything I eat now and really enjoy my exercise. I can eat all day long including ice cream, bread, whatever I want. I just have to do things in moderation and know how much exercise it takes to balance everything out.
    I never thought I would be 3 pounds away from losing half my body weifght without starving. But I nevergo to bed hungry and don't have the intense cravings for starchy carbs, sweets, etc.
    You can do it if you just experiment and find what works best for you. It is not an easy or short process, but with all of the supportive people and great information here at MFP, you can do it!! Good luck and keep us up to date with how you are doing in your journey.

Troy
  • chanson104
    Options
    My heaviest weight was 288 lbs, and now I'm 195 lbs. I plan on losing at least another 50 lbs. I've just done it by exercising, logging my food/counting calories and eating nutrient rich foods. No surgies or fad diets. If you don't think it is possible then it won't be possible for you.
  • venom74799
    Options
    I've went from 286 (highest was 295) down to 176 without pills, or strenuous diets. I followed a lot of different advice on here as just one way didn't work. Some of the things I follow are:

- Try out different things that have health benefits instead of flock for burgers all the time.
    - Portion control ( about 50% of my battle was this)
    - Cut out the junk yet enjoy a comfort food from time to time
    - Exercise at minimum 3 times a week yet no more than 5 - 6 times a week
    - Work on cardio and muscle as they go hand and hand for the best results of weight loss and toning
    - Read the labels as there are many things that seem healthy, but can be the absolute worst offenders
    - Remembering its not a race, but also realize it shouldn't take 6 months to crack 1 lbs of weight loss if I'm doing it right (barring those with medical conditions)

Those are the things that helped me. You'll have to find and develop a plan that works. It has to be something that's lifelong and not for a month or a week.
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello. Yes it can be done! I started at 329, down to 180. I hopefully will reach my goal weight by the summer. Good luck to you :smile:
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have about 178 pounds to lose and was looking into surgery but I decided I can do it on my own!! This site is loaded with so many inspiring people who have lost tons of weight!!! So far I have only lost 23 pounds but that was in the last three months and even though my weight lose is slowing down it feels easier and easier everyday!! I am no where near my goal but I get so happy even when I lose just and an ounce!! You can do it!!! At least give it a try for a little while and really try and see how far you can go... you might be surprised!! Actually I know you will!!! And try and get as many friends on here as you can it is such a great feeling to have people support you and have people that understand just where you are coming from!! Good luck in what ever decision you make!!!
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You have lost 15lbs in a little over a month!!! This is awesome, If you keep going at this rate you will lose 100lbs in a year!!!!! Just keep at it, My starting weight in November was 324, I am officially 300 I know I need to lose 150lbs but if I lost 24 already whats another 150, I got this and you can do it too!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Clearly you are already doing it! So you have answered your own question. As far as support and motivation....clearly you have already done something about that too when you joined MFP. Hang in there, keep close to MFP, ask for support from family and finally.....eat less and move more! You'll get there! We ALL will eventually! DO SOMETHING TODAY THAT YOUR FUTURE SELF WILL THANK YOU FOR!
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am so overwhelmed:blushing: and also motivated:bigsmile: by the responses to this post. The stories that I have read have definitely helped to make me realize I can do this and I just need to keep pushing on further. I guess the reason I didn't really celebrate my loss is because I did so well dropping in November but then in December I didn't really loose (thanks to the holidays) but I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I did the math today and these numbers are things I wouldn't have even thought possible at one time but....I know it is now thanks to your wonderful feedback!!! I can't wait to come back and share my success at my next 15 lb loss!! Look out for me....I'll be back!:flowerforyou:
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My cousin has lost 248lbs without surgery in less than a year. He did it the healthy way. He said honestly what got the kick off was having a water bottle around at all times to drink and to not eat after 7pm. From there on he just ate healthy and exercised. Just try little changes like the water bottle and not eating late and that will help you lose enough quickly enough to gt you motivated.
    I myself just quit eating after 7pm and I have lost 15 lbs, I did not change any thing else...imagine if I start working out!
    Good luck...and dont resort to surgery if you do not need to. Its a lot healthier to do it on your own, it will also make you a stronger person:)
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started at 303 and stil in progress at 225. the weight started coming off faster when i started low carb/low calorie food choices and weighing my food with a scale.

lots of spinach and fish, salad and chicken. fat free salad dressing, and oatmeal for breakfast.
    im not extreme on exercise but im improving on time length as time goes on.
    20 to 30 on treadmill
    free-weights
    stretching
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    also people who have surgery have to still diet and exercise anyway.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I started at 284. I'm now 196. No pills. No surgery. Just good food with proper portions and a lot of patience! (except don't look at my diary today,it's a high cal day for me). Haha. Good luck. You CAN DO IT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!