January 2012 Days-Worked-Out Challenge

Options
PJilly
PJilly Posts: 21,707 Member
This is a continuation of the "A New Me" monthly workout challenges that have been going on for well over a year now, with a slight twist in how the workouts are recorded. (We used to keep a running tally with everybody's numbers that was supposed to be copied, updated, and pasted each time someone recorded a new workout, but sometimes people would inadvertently copy an old post, and then other people's numbers would be goofed up.)

The challenge is always based on working out five days a week, so for January, that works out to a minimum of 22 days. To keep each person accountable for their own numbers only, each day you do a workout, all you have to do is simply post your personal running tally. Feel free to add any additional information, comments, etc., that you'd like.

For example, the first day you work out in January, all you have to post is this:

The next day you work out, all you have to post is this:

Easy enough? Cool! I'll get your name and the date from your post. I'll post a spreadsheet every morning with everyone's workout totals as of the day before.

Any and everyone is welcome to join in. If someone wants to jump in midmonth, that's OK too. I'll just adjust their challenge number based on how many days are left in the month. FYI, we are recording number of days worked out, not necessarily the number of workouts. (Two workouts a day is awesome, but it counts as only one day worked out for this challenge.)

That's probably way more explanation than necessary. I can't help myself sometimes. :tongue:

Happy New Year!

Jill

Replies

• fit4everyoung
    Options
    I am in on this one!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Thank you Jill, I'm in!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,982 Member
    Options
    I will be "in" - thanks, Jill!
  • cathyvice
    cathyvice Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to go for this but I am not really sure how so I will try I am kinda new to MFP only been doing it since 11/11/11 but I am willing to try Thank you
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sounds great :happy:
  • PJilly
    Options
    I would like to go for this but I am not really sure how so I will try I am kinda new to MFP only been doing it since 11/11/11 but I am willing to try Thank you
    Please do. It should be a lot more simple than my explanation made it sound. We're pretty nice and don't bite TOO hard. :flowerforyou:
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I'm in!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this!
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • alisadee
    alisadee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in! What a good way to start the New Year! Thanks PJilly. I already bookmarked this thread :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sounds too easy to pass up, I'm in!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jill!! Your awesome! Disregard my question in your feed. I saw the other thread. I am not sure either how this works but I am sure I will catch on.
  • Kfoster67
    Kfoster67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This will be my first challenge! Here we go!
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I am in as well.
  • bugmobile
    Options
    I am in as well.
  • kmorrissett13
    Options
    I'm in, sounds great!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Does the length of exercise or cals burned matter or is it simply recording number of days workout for the week?
  • PJilly
    Options
    Does the length of exercise or cals burned matter or is it simply recording number of days workout for the week?
    That's totally up to you what constitutes a workout.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Thanks Jill!! Your awesome! Disregard my question in your feed. I saw the other thread. I am not sure either how this works but I am sure I will catch on.
    Yeah, I think it'll be really simple. That's my hope!