Buffalo Chicken Rolls 103 calories!

Options

Replies

• ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    O M G!!!!! I MADE THESE YESTERDAY FOR THE SUPER BOWL. SUCH A BIG HIT. I CANT GET OVER HOW GOOD THEY ARE
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I forgot to buy the slaw so i made it with just chicken. delicious
    Probably too late to ask this, but I can't eat broccoli. So, what would I sub for it instead? These look delishious and I love anything Buffalo Chicken, so I will be making these, just wondering about subbing out the broccoli slaw though.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight but substituted fresh spinach in place of the slaw. They were fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
  • hardatwork45
    hardatwork45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Also made them for Superbowl and they were a HUGE hit!!! So great. Thanks again for the recipe.
  • kim_trussler
    Options
    look tasty will try to make them
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I really have to go buy dry cole slaw so I can make these. They look delicious!
  • ChrispyDivine
    Options
    Oh hell ya!!! Thanks!!!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    omg sounds amazing!!!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thanks!
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Look delicious. I will try these =)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    These look awesome - thanks for posting!
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump.
    can. not. wait. to try.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am excited to try and make these!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    yummy!
  • ruthvbailey
    ruthvbailey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    sounds nice but where do you get your egg roll wrappers from as they dont have them local to me.

thanks ruth
  • sdking1
    Options
    :wink:
    I made these the other night and they were so yummy! (and quick to bake)

buffalochicken.jpg

12 egg roll wrappers (roughly 4 square inches)

1 cup cooked and shredded chicken (6 ounces)

1/2- 2/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce

1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)

1 cup broccoli slaw or cole slaw (dry)

Small bowl of water

Nonstick cooking spray

Blue cheese dressing, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay egg roll wrappers on a clean work surface. In a small bowl, stir chicken* (see note below) and hot sauce until well coated, using more or less sauce depending on your spice preference. The meat should be moist with sauce.

Begin by placing one tablespoon of the broccoli slaw on the diagonal of the bottom right corner of one of the wrappers. Next, place 2 tablespoons of shredded spicy chicken evenly on top of the slaw. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the blue cheese crumbles over the chicken. Do not overfill.

To fold: Fold the bottom right corner over the stuffing mixture so that it covers it completely, with the tip of the corner now pointing to the center of the egg roll wrapper. Fold in the bottom left corner, followed by the right, so that you now have formed an envelope. Roll the wrap upward one time, leaving the top left corner open. Wet your index finger in the small bowl of water and press to moisten the top left corner. Now fold that down on top of the filled roll, sealing it like you would an envelope.

Place the rolls on a wire rack set on top of a cookie sheet (or just on a greased cookie sheet) coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spritz each roll evenly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the rolls crisp and turn a light golden brown.

**Nutrition Information for 1 roll: Calories: 103, Fat: 3.2g, Cholesterol 19.5mg, Sodium 237.7mg, Carb: 9.9g, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugars: 0.3g, Protein: 8.1g
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    sounds nice but where do you get your egg roll wrappers from as they dont have them local to me.

thanks ruth
    Try your local grocery store or walmart - they should have them in the refrigerated section! :smile:
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

thanks ruth
    Try your local grocery store or walmart - they should have them in the refrigerated section! :smile:

I found them in the refridgerated part of the produce section @ Kroger. You could always ask someone who works there, produce manager maybe?