Anyone else close to 50lb mark??

Options
MyaPapaya75
MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
Hiya I am just wondering is anyone else close to the 50lb mark like within 5lbs or so...How do you feel and How have you achieved this and stuck with it so far?:drinker:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    Options
    Hiya I am just wondering is anyone else close to the 50lb mark like within 5lbs or so...How do you feel and How have you achieved this and stuck with it so far?:drinker:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Soon I hope....................I will be at 50 soon..............................:flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing, that is so awesome! I am getting close to the 20 lb mark and am so excited! I can only image how happy you must be feeling! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I am no where near 50 lbs, but I wanted to check in anyway and say GREAT JOB! Myasty and Sassie, I see your comments frequently, and you are always encouraging everyone. Thanks for that, too. And again, CONGRATS!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    You ladies are amazing, that is so awesome! I am getting close to the 20 lb mark and am so excited! I can only image how happy you must be feeling! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

I think your amazing as well I see you post a lot of kind comments to others ..and you sticking with it is truly inspiration....
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I am no where near 50 lbs, but I wanted to check in anyway and say GREAT JOB! Myasty and Sassie, I see your comments frequently, and you are always encouraging everyone. Thanks for that, too. And again, CONGRATS!!!:drinker: :drinker:

Kristi you are right "YES WE CAN" Im glad there is such a place like MFP where we can all get the support and avice we need...Im gonna be watching that ticker lady.....Keep pushing hard and you will reach the stars!!!:drinker:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options

Kristi you are right "YES WE CAN" Im glad there is such a place like MFP where we can all get the support and avice we need...Im gonna be watching that ticker lady.....Keep pushing hard and you will reach the stars!!!:drinker: Heck you already got 11 of those shiny stars already!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 3# away from my 50lb mark! Soooo close, yet so far away! The last pounds are proving to be more tricky than the first 40!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I passed the fifty pound mark 5 and a half years ago - my main memory is going to the space museum with my children where they had scales designed to tell you what you weighed on different planets (gravity being at play.) I loved the planets where I weighed 80 or so instead of 170! :laugh:

Seriously though, I was so thrilled to finally fit into regular sizes at that point! I didn't have a 'W' after my size anymore. (Once, I was looking at the tag on the size 22W pants I wanted to buy and I asked my own mother, "What does the W" mean? And she answered, "Wide, I guess." UNH. - it does not, btw.)

But it definitely felt wonderful to look back on those pounds (and at photos!) and KNOW the strength it took - and how much self-discipline and hard work it took to get there! Honestly, I don't know how I did it and some days now, just staring down 20 pounds, I think, "I couldn't do that now." But we are doing it, aren't we?!

At the time, I was proud that I had never hired a personal trainer or bought into a diet program. I exercised at home and counted my own calories (in my head...cause I didn't have MFP yet. :frown: ) Now, I realize it doesn't matter how you get there - it requires digging deep and discovering your own power no matter how you do it!

Honestly, I think that's the reason I was fat. It created a path through which I could un-bury my Self.
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I'm 3# away from my 50lb mark! Soooo close, yet so far away! The last pounds are proving to be more tricky than the first 40!

Ha so true Sassie knows I fought with mine ROFL....im 4 away and every day is a little struggle pushing myself harder and fighting through it..I really try to think of all my goals while Im punching towards the tv screen kickboxing at Jillian Michaels ...lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I suppose I could answer your questions. :laugh:

I feel AWESOME! I took a 44# bag of dog food out of my truck, into my house & down my basement stairs on Friday. I don't know how I used to walk around with that much extra weight on my body! I am very rarely out of breath any more (except for when I'm kicking my own butt working out). I went shopping today for the first time in a LONG time & went from a size 18 jeans back in June to a size 8 today! I haven't been an 8 since I can't tell you when.

Hhmmm...how did I manage to stay on this "journey"? Determination. I'm done having kids so I can't use any of those little monsters as excuses any more. :wink: My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in his 30s & I am fighting the fight on that one. I'm lowering every risk I can for that. My mom's family has cholesterol problems coming out of their ears. Fighting the predisposition to that as well. I want to be the healthiest mom I can be for my kids. No one in my family exercises so I had no good examples. THAT will change for my kids. My boys already like working out with me. They do jumping jacks, crunches & pushups like little pros. :laugh: I LOVE the "new" me & I am now looking for ways all the time on how to improve even more!

Great work so far, everyone! Keep up the awesome jobs! :flowerforyou:
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I passed the fifty pound mark 5 and a half years ago - my main memory is going to the space museum with my children where they had scales designed to tell you what you weighed on different planets (gravity being at play.) I loved the planets where I weighed 80 or so instead of 170! :laugh:

Seriously though, I was so thrilled to finally fit into regular sizes at that point! I didn't have a 'W' after my size anymore. (Once, I was looking at the tag on the size 22W pants I wanted to buy and I asked my own mother, "What does the W" mean? And she answered, "Wide, I guess." UNH. - it does not, btw.)

But it definitely felt wonderful to look back on those pounds (and at photos!) and KNOW the strength it took - and how much self-discipline and hard work it took to get there! Honestly, I don't know how I did it and some days now, just staring down 20 pounds, I think, "I couldn't do that now." But we are doing it, aren't we?!

At the time, I was proud that I had never hired a personal trainer or bought into a diet program. I exercised at home and counted my own calories (in my head...cause I didn't have MFP yet. :frown: ) Now, I realize it doesn't matter how you get there - it requires digging deep and discovering your own power no matter how you do it!

Honestly, I think that's the reason I was fat. It created a path through which I could un-bury my Self.
    The W stands for Waffles..lol I never thought of that before but your right WTH does the W stand for MY lord "WIDE" How horrid!!! I dunno how clothing manufacturers get away with that....Blah! Congrats on your weight loss you look great!!! I was thinking to get a trainer once I get closer to my goal only because I really want to be pushed Jillian Michael style...but we shall see..Im a cheapskate...lol
  • MyaPapaya75
    Options
    I suppose I could answer your questions. :laugh:

I feel AWESOME! I took a 44# bag of dog food out of my truck, into my house & down my basement stairs on Friday. I don't know how I used to walk around with that much extra weight on my body! I am very rarely out of breath any more (except for when I'm kicking my own butt working out). I went shopping today for the first time in a LONG time & went from a size 18 jeans back in June to a size 8 today! I haven't been an 8 since I can't tell you when.

Hhmmm...how did I manage to stay on this "journey"? Determination. I'm done having kids so I can't use any of those little monsters as excuses any more. :wink: My dad was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in his 30s & I am fighting the fight on that one. I'm lowering every risk I can for that. My mom's family has cholesterol problems coming out of their ears. Fighting the predisposition to that as well. I want to be the healthiest mom I can be for my kids. No one in my family exercises so I had no good examples. THAT will change for my kids. My boys already like working out with me. They do jumping jacks, crunches & pushups like little pros. :laugh: I LOVE the "new" me & I am now looking for ways all the time on how to improve even more!

Great work so far, everyone! Keep up the awesome jobs! :flowerforyou:
    I totally envy you a size 8!!!! Amazing!!!....You know when I first started I would say to myself 1lb Blah! thats not enough but then I got a 1lb weight and was like hmm thats a lot of weight to lose ...so then I would look at 5lb potato sacks and think Hmmm Wow!! finally it sunk in be it 1lb or 100 its still a lot....I can totally relate to the 44lbs bag thing...its crazy to think our legs are that strong to carry that weight for years.. yet leg lifts are so dang hard!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    W, stands for Womens
    M, stands for Misses
    P, stands for Petites.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    W stands for wings
    M stands for marbles
    P stands for pansies.

:wink: Just kidding, Chubby Bunny. I was channeling Sesame Street.

Myastyme - So, lady, how do YOU feel being so close to the 50# mark?!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I hit 50lbs the 1st of Feb (I weigh once a month).

I've stuck with it because I've have made a decision in my mind to do so. I know what I can and can't do and what I will and won't it. I have made it my goal to have at least one "clean" meal a day. I try to do four days clean and 3 days not so.

I have five fattening foods that I will not give up. I eat them in moderation. I eat the same things I used to (burgers, pizza). I just don't do it on a regular basis and it has to fit in my day calorically. (Moderation)

Instead of covering my emotions with food, I release them through exercise and/or letting people know how I feel in the most respectful way possible. I know if I am ready to pimp slap someone I need to up my calories. (Because what is the use of have a smaller waist a couple of weeks sooner if I alienate everyone in my life.)

I know everyone is different. I have learned a great deal from other people's journey. I take what I can use and discard the rest. :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I know if I am ready to pimp slap someone I need to up my calories. (Because what is the use of have a smaller waist a couple of weeks sooner if I alienate everyone in my life.)

:laugh: HILARIOUS! I love it!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will be weighing on Monday. I really admire you and everyone who has worked so hard for so long. I hope I can stick with it as well as you have! :smile:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    "WIDE" How horrid!!! I dunno how clothing manufacturers get away with that....Blah!

Or the MOTHER! LOL!
    I was thinking to get a trainer once I get closer to my goal only because I really want to be pushed Jillian Michael style...but we shall see..Im a cheapskate...lol

You can find a trainer who's more Bob's speed! :happy: And once any trainer finds out you lost 50 pounds on your own?! Well, you send 'em to me if they're mean to you! I think they'll be inspired and quite respectful.

*You* look fabulous, btw. And you're always so encouraging to everyone. I'm proud and pleased to see you're so close!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    you two are simply amazing, I am just reaching the 25 pound mark but I can't wait to get to the 50 pound mark but I think it will be quite awhile before I get there. Anyways congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!