How often do you weigh?

Options

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I have a calendar in front of the scale where I write down what I weigh every day of the week for months and months. I can see an overall downward trend and I know days I am up. It makes me consider what I did the day before and if it was worth what the scale says. Its giving me a very good idea of eating certain things does to my body.
  • toabetterlifestyle
    Options
    Every friday morning to keep myself in check for the weekend.
  • Laureen74
    Laureen74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week.
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh if I'm bored and I get the urge. But I never count it as my official weigh in until Monday, early in the morning when I haven't eaten yet.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    About 10 times in the morning. Then a few at night.
  • LetYourLightShine
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. Partially because I'm obsessed and it is now a part of my morning routine, but it also helps motivate me. Just say I lost some weight the day before, I weigh myself the next day and see that I gained it back, I can take note of what I did that may have contributed to the gain and improve the day ahead of me.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, and plan to for a long time. Not getting on the scales more often than I did is how I got this big. Obviously I realize that what and how much I was eating is what got me this size...but not getting on the scales and being aware of what the scale was doing was not smart for me personally. I don't want to let my weight 'sneak' back up ever again!!

^this
  • nyprdiva
    nyprdiva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself everyday. I know this is not a healthy way to approach weight loss. What do you do?

I do everyday first thing in the morning.
  • helloflopsy
    Options
    Every two weeks!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/428962-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself

x2s a week. Once the day after my rest days in the morning because its generally higher after rest/recovery days and once at the end of the work out week to give me the most accurate end week result.

Edit: I'm experiencing Deja vue here lol
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day because I like to see how it fluctuates. Even a .2 drop works for me, and I'm not one to freak out if I gain a pound or two in a day. I'm liking the downward trend I'm seeing, and that's motivating!
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Once a week, in the morning, before I've eaten and after I've used the rest room.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Once a week on Mondays. Sometimes I will hop on just to see during the middle of the week but I try to stick with once a week.
  • mama_to_1
    mama_to_1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    normally everyday. sometime i forget so it is more like every other day. but i always weigh on sundays and record that on here.
  • lovenhppnss
    lovenhppnss Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I've done well, I'd been weighing just about everyday. Now that I am remembering that I guess I should go back to it. It keeps me mindful and honest with myself.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and at bedtime and write my weight in a tablet. This helps keep me on track and I know when I'm losing or gaining. I only record my weight loss once a week on here if I do have a loss. If you find the weighing is driving you nuts, then just weigh once a week. Good luck to you:)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Friday mornings before I eat anything. If I have a gain I tend to weigh myself every day for the next few days just to see if it goes away.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i do everyday as well.
  • Strega17
    Strega17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, if I weigh, it is usually at the doctor's office which would be every couple of months or so. I measure weekly and go by the fit of my clothes. To keep me motivated, I took "before" pictures.
  • lklegra
    Options
    Every morning with no clothes on, so I can get the most accurate weight. I think its a rewarding approach, it boosts my self esteem and reminds me of why I'm dieting :)