what is YOUR bmi?

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    google Fat To Fit Radio Tools and select the military BF calculator.
    Then do the BMR calc for how many calories you should be eating daily.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    BMI is a poor measurement as it stands alone.
    What is your body fat?

You can go here to find out:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

That tells me much more than BMI

Connie- here's where you can find your body fat. It's interesting. :)
  • GracianaStitt
    Options
    My BMI is 25.2, and it changes all the time...but at my school BMI is the most important thing and they pressure the students to make it to the healthy range...so even though it doesnt take in account alot of things...its important to be healthy and to stay healthy
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    According to MFP my BMI is 20.7% but I don't put much stock in that number.

I did the BodPod a couple weeks ago and I'm 22.5% BF - For me I'm more concerned with that number.
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    30. I'm considered very overweight according to BMI, even though I'm at 19% body fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This goes to show that BMI is a crock. It doesn't take into consideration the proportion of body fat to lean muscle mass. Mine is 27 and I have a lot of muscle
  • pinkglitterbaby
    Options
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    current is 22.6.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Since I was doing my measurements, weight, and body fat today, I went ahead and figured my BMI as well just for this thread. My BMI is 31.07 and would be classified as obese. But my body fat this morning is 12% and I wear a size 6 pants. As I'm sure you've already gotten from the previous threads, BMI means nothing when you are a serious exerciser. As for my goals, I'm at my goal body fat %. Technically, I am only planning on maintaining below 15% for the next year while I'm transitioning to a new school, new house in another state, and new job, so I'm below goal.
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hovering around 18-19. Used to be 27!

God that seems so low - be carefull.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Since I was doing my measurements, weight, and body fat today, I went ahead and figured my BMI as well just for this thread. My BMI is 31.07 and would be classified as obese. But my body fat this morning is 12% and I wear a size 6 pants. As I'm sure you've already gotten from the previous threads, BMI means nothing when you are a serious exerciser. As for my goals, I'm at my goal body fat %. Technically, I am only planning on maintaining below 15% for the next year while I'm transitioning to a new school, new house in another state, and new job, so I'm below goal.

Are you 12% BF in your profile pictures?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

No, those were taken 6 months ago. I was about 17% body fat then.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    22.8 and still dropping
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Currently 25.82, anything under 25 and I will be happy. A year ago my BMI was 32.86 :noway:
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm still not sure what BMI means to me, but I just came across some measurements from 2006 where I recorded my BMI as 35+++. It is now 28.3 . (more proud of the 15 inches off my waist that I dropped in the past 5 years!)
  • john52565
    Options
    The scale doesn't go high enough! lol

Mine is actually 36.9 according to MFP. But I have to wonder about the accuracy. It doesn't have a way to calculate it with a little more muscle mass than the average male. It says that my weight should be no more than 174 lbs.!! Thats crazy!! I'm only shooting for 200 and I'll be happy.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    26.8 Goal 25.0
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently 24.9
    My next target is 24
    Finally I'd like to be around the 20-22 range
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't go high enough! lol

Mine is actually 36.9 according to MFP. But I have to wonder about the accuracy. It doesn't have a way to calculate it with a little more muscle mass than the average male. It says that my weight should be no more than 174 lbs.!! Thats crazy!! I'm only shooting for 200 and I'll be happy.

BMI has nothing to do with muscle mass or body fat, it's strictly a ratio of height and weight.

My BMI is 33.1, but even at my goal weight it'll only drop to 29, with an 11% body fat. BMI is a joke of a number, especially if that's what you decide to use to set a goal.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

No, those were taken 6 months ago. I was about 17% body fat then.

Since your profile says you are a certified trainer and a sports nutritionist, I looked at your diary. Is your diary real? As a sports nutritionist, I am wondering if you would advise your clients to drink all that regular pepsi (sugar) and consume so many carbs and relatively low on protein.
    thanks