Clean Eating Club ~ March 2009

Options
124»

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I gotta have my protein powder and FiberOne. Other than that I'm doing about 95% of the rest.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try this... but may I ask how the price tag normally ranges?

I notice that you've given up soda---just replacing soda with water will save you money. Additionally, replacing processed foods and prepared foods with fresh and frozen meat and vegetables is a savings both in money and in wasted calories. I suppose if you get "really clean" and buy only organic, the price could go up.

start small, do it one day at a time, and take baby steps toward the goal:bigsmile:

good luck:bigsmile:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    there are foods that are really heavy in pesticides and more important to buy organic than others. You can get the list (Dirty Dozen and Clean 15) at www.foodnews.org

elli
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Does frozen fruit and vegetables count as clean eating? I don't have the skills to maintain fresh veggies before they are eating and end up throwing away a lot. I cook for one. Is there a list of "clean food" available to make a grocery list from? Thank you for all your help. Looking forward to changing my eating habits to a more healthier one.:happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    Does frozen fruit and vegetables count as clean eating? I don't have the skills to maintain fresh veggies before they are eating and end up throwing away a lot. I cook for one. Is there a list of "clean food" available to make a grocery list from? Thank you for all your help. Looking forward to changing my eating habits to a more healthier one.:happy:

There's a clean eating website with a lot of information. I read somewhere that sometimes frozen vegetables are healthier than fresh because they're frozen at the peak of freshness and the stuff in the store may have had a long journey from picking to buying.

I consider frozen veggies and fruit part of clean eating---I steam them or cook them in the microwave and eat them without butter, cream sauce, cheese,etc.

Take baby steps toward your goal and learn something new whenever you can and the improvement will be amazing.

I don't think what I do now is totally clean eating but it's so much cleaner than it was in 2008
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i signed up to do this clean eating and then didn't really follow it much. Well, after reviewing my food for the past few days I realized i have been eating clean and not even trying. And, I've been very full and not munchie! Yay!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    i just wanted to bump this thread up so i can find it easier later! I love reading the suggestions in it!:smile:

i try to eat as clean as i can, love the way it makes me feel :happy: I also love how it's slowly getting rid of the layer of fat that is over my hard earned 'little' muscle's:wink::happy:

Here's to the clean eaters:drinker: Rock on:smile:
  • crmldlyte
    Options
    bump to read later