I come from a rough place but I made it!

Options
MsQt
MsQt Posts: 793 Member
But what an amazing year it has been! I have pictures and a link to my YouTube Channel for you to view at the end of this post: I've always been small all my life (115 lbs) even when I was pregnant with son I only weighed 147 lbs which I lost after his birth. In 2009 I was car jacked, kidnapped and assaulted and it totally had me in a depression. I was set up with a councilor to help me through my trying time. The suspect was caught and sent to prison for 9-to 40yrs but I was still in a mental dump. To top it off I was turning 30yr old that year. I put on 17 lbs over night it seemed but what kept me from thinking about what happened was watching cooking shows and cooking full meals all day. I was told if I found a hobby, that would help get past the pain; so I ate. There were no signs of me slowing down. My fiance' too suffered from victims guilt and gained weight. I talked about losing weight but talking was all I did about it. The end of February of this year, I went to the mall to purchase clothes and was stunned that I couldn't fit a large shirt. I was gonna have to cross over into the plus section if I wanted that shirt. I cried walked out of the store and headed to Chili's and pigged out for the last time. I had to make a stand and straighten up my act. It was sad how I allowed this man to kill who I was. My sister told me about MFP and joined the day before Super Bowl Sunday. I still had fight in me to stay focused enough to take control of my life. Meeting all the lovely ladies in MFP that came for different walks of life and had their own life story really inspired me to keep pushing. I adore all of my pals but a couple of them have become my best friends and I talk on the phone with them daily (SexyCook & Committohealth). I've had many bad days and they are first to lift my spirits and whip me back to warrior mode. I can not leave out when I was at my very lowest, it was Sarah Troupe that called me and prayed for my strength and I really needed it to make it through sentencing day in court. Today I stand tall and walk with a iron fist last weighing in at 119 lbs. I eat clean, train mean, and grown to think invictus no matter where I go. Yes I slip up because I'm only human but I AM A WINNER!!! Thanks MFP. My Fitness Pal Rocks!! Here is my pictures and watch how I got there:

(watch me in action)
http://www.youtube.com/user/MsMsQt?feature=watch

Bigme-1.jpg

Prettyandfat-1.jpg

challenge-1.jpg

flatter2-1.jpg

squattingaintpretty-1.jpg

fitnpretty.jpg

slimslim.jpg

lostinches.jpg

beasting-2.jpg

Replies

• SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Let me...UMMMM See...YOUUUUUUUUU THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! Mel I can on and on about you....My friend, sister, and MFP pal...Such an awesome spirited person and driven...Glad you are stuck with me for life!! HEHHE..Love ya...Excellent Job!
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    You are stunning. Congratulations on making your goal & thanks for the motivation :]
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to us all, your proof that you can go through hell and make it out the other side. I applaud you, well done.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You look so fit and healthy!! Congrats on the new you! :)
  • smulokwa
    smulokwa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's an amazing testimony. It may not mean much, but I'm extremely proud of you and very motivated. You go girl, take it ALL back, in Jesus name!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • nickymaddiemiasmami
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • CROCKETT1
    CROCKETT1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are INSPIRATION!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I loved that you used "warrior mode"! And I love that you shared this!
  • alleyrat
    Options
    Awesome courage and awesome journey, thanks for sharing.
  • RedBone03
    Options
    You are a true inspiration to me as well as others. Your drive and determination is unheard of.. I truly admire you for your hardwork, dedication, drive, and motivation. One would have never known your story or your struggles. Continue to strive and live for you!!. Continue to love yourself first and foremost. I love you and enjoy hearing, and reading your burns and blogs..!! You are truly a keeper for life...<3<3<3<3
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You are the hero of your journey....all good will come to you sweetheart.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You are an inspirational and phenomenal young lady. Congratulations on overcoming a bad year. :flowerforyou:
  • Galletakek
    Options
    you look stunning!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! You must be strong to get out of that hole and back on top of your own life!
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That was such an inspirational story and you are to be commended. You are a warrior and don't you forget it. You look fabulous and your story is an inspiration to all.
  • megansoriano
    Options
    How inspirational! You are adorable :)
  • BeautyQueen90
    BeautyQueen90 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Dang girl what beautiful progress im so proud of you keep up that beautiful work
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What a moving story

Good for you for getting your life back in order
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!