your thoughts on whey protein shakes...good or bad for you?

Options
13»

Replies

• thitch2013
    Options
    also forgot to mention the best part 12 gm of protein and I mix with water and its only 90 calories ...delish !
  • sbb4406
    sbb4406 Posts: 65
    Options
    Would Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard be good as both a meal replacement and protein supplement? Right now my protein settings on here are just the default (which I think on its own is already on the low side?) and I already have trouble meeting that. I'm also not much of a morning person and only start to feel hungry about two hours after waking up, which doesn't work for my schedule... but I know I could at least force myself to drink something lol.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I like shakes for a Sunday or legal holiday when I need a quick breakfast before the gym. I use whey protein but if that bothers your stomach, like the poster who spoke against Muscle Milk, there are perfectly good soy protein powders - I've had both the vanilla and the chocolate from Whole Foods and I've liked them just fine.

Now, it also depends on what you're adding to the blender. If you add a ton of ice cream or chocolate syrup, you're not fooling anyone.