40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Beeps, glad to hear it's not a dangerous clot! Where is it again? I wonder if that's what I have. You are so funny about not wanting to care for someone. LOL

Sdereski, sorry to hear you had another episode. Scary!!! And even scarier is still not knowing what is causing it! Take care!!!! I do want to do the strong program but with my itinerary lately and a trip coming up I think I will wait a little longer.

I've been very busy lately. Still looking for a part time job before I lose the one I have. Also working on my body! The scale is finally moving . I weighed 129.8 this morning. Goal is 125. I'm happy not going over 130. But I also want to get stronger so might put on muscle but look leaner. I'll take that!

Have a great evening!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    The clot is in his right calf.....treatment is simply to stay active (ie no long stretches of just sitting at his desk) and use heat on it.....it will go away on its own.

I am soooo sleepy!! Bad sleep these last couple nights. Back to lifting, tomorrow.....likely hard, but so very necessary. BOOM!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Shoulders=Done!
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Allenpriest
    Congrats on 125 lost!

Why is your first day back to tracking everything the hungriest day you will ever have?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Feel like a whoosh is coming on.

Crossed over 125 pounds lost.

I just read this....that is ASTOUNDING!

Big congrats!! What do you attribute to your "success"?
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Boot camp #2 in the books. It felt ever so slightly less agonizing, but there were still some exercises I had trouble with (darn you, mountain climbers!). My abs were sore all weekend from the Friday strength class, and I have a feeling they'll be sore again tomorrow. At least I'm making progress, right? :smiley:

I always work out on my lunch hour, and eat my lunch at my desk afterward. That lunch is always the best tasting meal of the day, let me tell you!
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Also, congrats allenpriest!!!! <3
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »

I just read this....that is ASTOUNDING!

Big congrats!! What do you attribute to your "success"?

All that fancy dieting plan. It's called eat less, log it all, and move around more
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Oh and do that for 26 months.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Congratulations! Incredible work. Well done.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I lifted FIVE days this week! Taking the weekend off to visit with my folks who arrive, TODAY! BOOM!

Right on!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So I took all of last week off, no workouts and working only from a lying position trying to rest my back and get rid of this stupid upper back pain. I am going to give this until the rest of the week and if not better try a Chiropractor (which I have always been very skeptical of).
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and lost over 70lb - I can also say I'm pretty damn cool :) feel free to add
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations melsouth!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "T25: Stretch"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I lifted, today. And stepped on the scale to the NICE surprise of my lowest scale weight this year!

4 more lbs and I am tip-top!!!

BOOM!
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    The scale started moving again, so I am happy.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Well I was very happy at kettlebell class, I did cleans (only 30 seconds per arm mind you) with purple bells which are 20kgs (almost 45lbs!)! We did 60 second light (12kg), 45 second medium (16kg) and then 30 with the heavy! We did that format for most of the class, but most of the moves I was using 8kg, 12kg and 16kg. Getting the 20kg over my head will be a while yet!
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Im almost 2 weeks into insanity, the first few days were brutal but have since been much better and all of it. Not sure I will be able to keep the full schedule in order, since golfing weather is approaching. As I highly doubt I can do it before playing, too much cash can be at risk. Anyways, I feel tons better about being able to finish the program and also way better now than I was before starting. I am grateful I lost the weight before I tried it, as I started very close to the weight I'd like to be. I do alter some of the more difficult jumping, because I won't out my back to its limit, even tho, I feel I can do them. Maybe the next time I go thru it I will.