40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cochese55 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the group. I have started to get back into shape from a 5 year respite (maybe 7) :smile: I have been starting regular daily exercise and changed my diet. One of my vices is late night eating. I get the Kids in bed and my wife is soon to follow. Then I am lured to the refrigerator for some late night snacks. Anyone have advice on curbing this late night snack cravings?

I am new too... last few nights I have made a decaffeinated tea , last night I did my nails to avoid snacking, crochet helps too.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I make myself chocolate mint protein bites Ann's cherry pie energy bites and keep them in the fridge. Most nights I have two protein bites and one energy, not necessarily supper low cal but takes care of my sweets craving and gives me some extra protein. Another good one is veggies and hummus or laughing cow cheese on celery.

I figure I'm not good at going 12 hours without eating so I have a snack, I just try to make it healthy. That said I'm going to try and cut the snack on non workout nights.
  • klaramarina
    klaramarina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'll be 40 in 3 weeks
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 7: Dig Deep"=Done! "SHAUN WEEK"=Done! BOOYAH!!!
  • sandersredg2
    sandersredg2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I've been losing the weight since November. I started my weight loss at 245lbs. I'm 49 yrs old and turning 50 next Thursday. I'm determined to loss weight again and get healthy especially since my life depends on it. I have high blood pressure, hyperthyroidism and asthma. I have to do better with my health. I've lost 32lbs so far. Last week I lost 2 8lbs looks like 1lb this week, but some loss is better than none. My goal is 10% weight loss at a time. I won't hit the mark this time, I ended up hitting a couple of plateau. But I'm pressing my way through. I will keep my progress posted every month on how I'm doing.
    Have a blessed day everyone.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Cochese55 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new to the group. I have started to get back into shape from a 5 year respite (maybe 7) :smile: I have been starting regular daily exercise and changed my diet. One of my vices is late night eating. I get the Kids in bed and my wife is soon to follow. Then I am lured to the refrigerator for some late night snacks. Anyone have advice on curbing this late night snack cravings?

I work nights and come home between 10pm and 1am, depending on the night and how busy we are. I'd change clothes and head to the refrigerator. I finally realized that I was snacking even though I wasn't hungry. Most nights I eat something at work, usually a good salad. The late night snacking was just a habit.

How's your menu for the rest of the day? Are you eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks during the day? If you stay properly fueled during the day, the tank won't feel empty at night. And always check yourself. Are you feeding your hunger or are you feeding your habit?

Oh, and for the record, I didn't eat a salad at work last night. I ate steak. I split an 18-ounce perfectly aged and seasoned medium rare t-bone with a co-worker. I ate that sometime between 9pm and 10pm. I got home around 1am, and I wasn't hungry, but I still looked around for food for a few minutes before stopping myself. Some habits are tough to break!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    @gam3rguy My daughter did Shaun Week, and loved it! I may have to check it out soon. I do love me some Shaun T!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    local training race last night. 1:11:57 finishing time (20th overall). Heat and humidity took a toll on some, since 90 registered and 61 finished.

Lake swim tonight. No wetsuit needed.

Stay cool, kids!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    local training race last night. 1:11:57 finishing time (20th overall). Heat and humidity took a toll on some, since 90 registered and 61 finished.

Lake swim tonight. No wetsuit needed.

Stay cool, kids!

Ouch! That's quite the number of DNFs!

I keep pushing through the heat even if I'm a bit slower than usual. I just keep telling myself that I'm going to be that much faster when it cools off! Yeah. I lie to myself a lot.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Ouch! That's quite the number of DNFs! I keep pushing through the heat even if I'm a bit slower than usual. I just keep telling myself that I'm going to be that much faster when it cools off! Yeah. I lie to myself a lot.

Yeah, that was surprising. I suspect that there were some who DNS as well.

Really, it wasn't that bad since you start in the water and are wet during the bike ride. The run segment is where the heat slows you down.
  • gam3rguy
    edited July 2017
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy My daughter did Shaun Week, and loved it! I may have to check it out soon. I do love me some Shaun T!
    it was worth it and i'll revisit it again. Monday starts T25! I picked it up on one of their sales for stupid cheap...guess I should actually DO it. LOL! Monday will also begin week 3 of my "12 week 1/2 marathon training for dummies...er, beginners". it's bumping up the distance on me! (O.o)

...correction! Monday is an off day for the running! WOOT!

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Visited another Y while traveling. Used a Waterrower for the first time, because the only Concept2 was in use. Much preferred the C2.

Turns out that, if food isn't the whole point of the trip, I don't eat much when I'm away. I'm 900 cals behind and I've already eaten dinner. I did, however, notice they have some ice cream...
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jogged on the treadmill today doing intervals. 2 minutes at 3.7 MPH and then 4 minutes at 5.5 MPH for a total of 30 minutes with a 5 minute cool down ( 5MPH, 4.5 MPH, 3.5 MPH and then 2.5MPH). Heart rate stayed under 174, so I was happy. Tomorrow is a 3 mile walk :)
  • APD71
    APD71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    45 and noticed the pounds and a spare tire trying to sneak up on me. Started hitting the roads and exercising regularly and watching the calorie count to try to burn that fat off. Started 5K's at 32 mins and down to 25.5 mins now and regimen of at-home exercises like pushups, situps, and ab wheel training. Will see how this goes.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Really hot yesterday but I had to mow. I was ok for a while but then the humidity got to me. The last bit took quite a while to finish as I had to cool off and get my heart rate down. I drank a gallon of water over the three hours. Ugh
  • getnickripped
    getnickripped Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Really hot yesterday but I had to mow. I was ok for a while but then the humidity got to me. The last bit took quite a while to finish as I had to cool off and get my heart rate down. I drank a gallon of water over the three hours. Ugh

Mowed too yesterday lol! Dying!!!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    iMETTLE XX RACE=Done! Tougher than it looks!!!

• BettyM1017
    Options
    @gam3rguy That looked like fun!

Last night was Beach Race #2 in a 3-race series. Beach running is definitely tougher than I thought it would be. I think I may have to add more beach runs to my training!

Anyway, I finished with a very unimpressive 31:56. Evidently, the sun and sand slowed everyone down because I actually came in 1st for my age group! My first first!! Top 3 finishers in each age group get a small gift card from a local running store. I'm one step closer to getting my Garmin!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good evening kids. Hot Pilates and Barre done. Decided to weigh myself and down 5 pounds exactly. What a pleasant surprise. Gam3rguy, I know you kicked butt. Hope you had fun. Did it challenge you? Any souvenir's?
    Keep up the great work everyone.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    APD71 wrote: »
    45 and noticed the pounds and a spare tire trying to sneak up on me. Started hitting the roads and exercising regularly and watching the calorie count to try to burn that fat off. Started 5K's at 32 mins and down to 25.5 mins now and regimen of at-home exercises like pushups, situps, and ab wheel training. Will see how this goes.

I'm jealous I was hoping to do a fast 5k, but in sidelined with a stupid foot