40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Did a track session last night in the cooler temps. 16x400's toggling between 5k and marathon pace. Felt good to do some speed work for a change.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    good Morning kids. Got a strength workout in yesterday. We are now starting the strength portion, so we were uping the weights. Still trying to figure out what the weight is that takes me to failure. I was doing drop squats with 100lb weight and was still able to do 12 in a set. Our goal is 6 - 8 reps. My trainer now realizes that he was going too easy on me, which I kept telling him.

@Beeps2011 Life does go on, but I do understand how you feel.
    @caramelgyrlk - good luck on your race and I look forward to the pictures.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful day here today. Getting in an upper body workout then off to get stuff done. I may have cot my extension cord powering my lawn mower in half yesterday. Perhaps I will replace that at some point :)
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Taking a break while on my bike ride today. I hadn't realized that they'd extended my local bike path so far. I'm at 7 miles at the turn-around, and my longest ride before this was just 12 total.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to start a round of P90X3 this week, but I got a bit distracted with Shaun Week. Shaun T’s Insanity is one of my all-time favorite workout programs, but it’s cardio heavy. Ever since I started running 4 and 5 days a week and averaging 25 miles a week, I’ve been staying clear of the cardio heavy programs. Too much of good thing is too much! However, this program is only 6 30-minute workouts. They’re still intense, but not insane, and after 3 days, I still love Shaun T! Oh, how I wish I had this crazy motivator in my ears and in my head on the last mile of every race!

Anyway, I’ll be starting P90X3 on Monday. My daughter and I enjoyed a Core at the Store class last night at a local running store. We learned some great runner-specific core moves to do to strengthen those muscles that are usually weak in runners. I am happy to say that a lot of those moves show up regularly in P90X3. I’ll only have to add a couple of them to my daily workouts.

I managed to get in today’s Shaun workout, Insane Weights, before leaving for an early but long lunch with a friend today. By the time I got home it was 94°F, 51% humidity for a Real Feel of 106°F. The climate-controlled treadmill to the rescue!

I was only going to do an easy 3 miles. I have my long run tomorrow. However, I was feeling really good and added a tempo mile at my current 5K pace. It felt good to blow out the cobwebs or, for you motorheads, blow the carbon off the carburetor!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    @gam3rguy is that a little grey hair I'm seeing in Shaun T's beard?!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    @gam3rguy is that a little grey hair I'm seeing in Shaun T's beard?!
    LOL! happens to the best of us! :p

"FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals"=Done!

• LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, 47 here - a '70 model. I love this thread! I just started Stronglifts 5x5 and have done 11 workouts. Not seeing a lot of scale movement, but that's expected. I'm loving it, but doing it at home and I'll need to invest in some equipment so I don't have to keep picking weights up off the dang floor every workout. Although, you could say they are bonus deadlifts! I'm working on changing my body composition so I'm not just smaller but flabby as I lose weight. Plus, it seems like it just jumps back on the moment I slack off. I'm in Maine and the winters here make it difficult to keep up with exercise. I love running, but hate the "dreadmill". We'll see how this goes for an almost 50 body! I took before pics and measurements. Down just .5 inches in some spots, but its progress nevertheless. Also, seeing the increase in strength is fun. Patience is important. I'm trusting the program. Hope everyone has a great day. Raining here.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids. Hot Pilates kick all of my can last night. Well if that was not enough, I woke up a few hours later and took TRX and bootcamp. I will rest tomorrow since I have the race on Saturday morning. Have a great day kids.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I've been feeling a bit congested for a couple of days now, basically ever since last week's beach run. I've either found some new allergy or I've picked up a cold. Either way, I know I need to watch the cardio. Today was my long run day, which should have been 10 miles. I decided to stay indoors on the treadmill and cut it back to 6.25 miles. I also did Shaun Week: Insane Focus Abs 25. Shaun Week...it's like Shark Week...only wetter (read sweatier)!

@gam3rguy I've given my family the task of watching the televised coverage of the Breckenridge Sprint and the Palmerton Super. They're mission is to help me get ready for the Miami Sprint in February. I predict that things are about to get very strange around here real soon, lol!

@caramelgyrlk You are a BEAST!! You are seriously going to rock your race!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    By the way, for those who are looking for a new activity tracker, Sam's Club is putting the Garmin VivoActive HR on sale for $150 for one day only, August 5th. It looks like the price is good both online and in-store.

I'm holding out for a Garmin Forerunner 235, but my daughter really wants the VivoActive HR, especially for swimming. Her birthday is on the 20th. Score!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Ok. So maybe it wasn't the sandbag carry at the Palmerton Super. I may in fact ALWAYS look cranky. :p

• ricmac68
    ricmac68 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A funny thought also a sad one I guess. I weigh less now than I did in my teens 30 years ago.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Hubs took the kids to see Spider-Man tonight, so I took the opportunity to loiter at the gym a little longer than usual. Ran 3 miles, then did some strength work.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Going to the lake with my dad to swim and canoe. He's just returned from a lengthy trip to Europe (my mom is still there), so it'll be nice to catch up. I may or may not invite the kids to join us. ;)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    @gam3rguy do you do Crossfit.

@BettyM1017 how are you feeling congestion wise

I did a killer 50 minute video. Lots of legs and some weight stuff. It was tiring so I took the boy after to the pool and sat in the hot tub
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus & Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    @AliNouveau. i've never done Crossfit. i've been to that OCR gym once (so far), but never a Crossfit.
  • Sunsetstew
    Sunsetstew Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Double post ! Oops