40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 Total Synergistics and 4.25 miles Interval Run...Done! I was on a bit of a time crunch today trying to outrun the storm, lol. For us, it ended up more hype that hurricane, but for those a little south of us it was a bit more crazy. Praying for those affected by the Tropical Storm that suddenly appeared this morning.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    30 minutes on the erg at a moderate pace. Still feeling the muscle soreness from my last weight session, but it felt good to work it out.

Really have to get new workout clothes. The bagginess is a hazard on the erg. My shirt kept getting caught in the rollers. I didn't realize that it was getting longer as well as wider.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I have no idea where I got the energy from but leg day was awesome today lol
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    HI all, I was busy all day Sunday, but not really sure what I did. lol. Did go for a nice walk / run (mostly walk) last evening. Did just over 5 miles. It was good, as there are a lot of hills on this dirt road walk.

Eating hasn't been the best. Ugh, Why is it always one or the other for me?! One of these days, I will get my *kitten* together.

On Friday, our small community suffered a tragedy. A young lady was struck and killed while riding her bike in town. Right on the corner of our main street. What makes this even more of a tragedy is that the woman that was driving the car that killed this young woman, was the young woman's aunt. :'( I think our whole community is suffering as a result as she and her family and husband's family are all long time residents of our community.

It really hit home just how vulnerable we are when we are cycling. The Saturday before, my husband and his friend were out cycling on the secondary highway that everyone uses as their cycle and running training road. They ended up crashing and were so fortunate there were no vehicles coming as they would both be dead. As it turns out they both ended up in the ER as a result of their crash injuries. So friends, if you are out running or cycling, be cognizant of the traffic around you and if you are the driver, please extra cautious when going by runners or cyclists.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Hi kids, hope all is well. Due to torrential downpour of rain and storm on Friday night, not much of a turnout with the race on Saturday. I still had a blast. We had our pick of various t-shirts and all kinds of goodies. Took hot pilates yesterday. Gam3rguy, love the photos. You are KILLING it. I am finally finished reading all of your posts. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Camping Night at my daycare, so spent the morning getting the tent and gear setup for the kids. Work started a 4mi/day walking initiative today and I've got 5 mi in. 3 mi run scheduled in the evening and some core work today in the afternoon.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Speed 1.0"=Done!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Oh my @sdereski how tragic. We've had some crazy car accidents lately too

I've not been finding time to workout. Last time was Sunday. My mom gets bypass surgery today after her heart attack last week. She had a tough go at the hospital with some hallucinating and not bring able to sleep. That's been remedied but man a stressful few days
  • sdereski
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Oh my @sdereski how tragic. We've had some crazy car accidents lately too

I've not been finding time to workout. Last time was Sunday. My mom gets bypass surgery today after her heart attack last week. She had a tough go at the hospital with some hallucinating and not bring able to sleep. That's been remedied but man a stressful few days

Hope all goes well for your mom. Take care of yourself.
  • sdereski
    Options
    Got my strength workout in yesterday. As I mentioned, we are now in the "strength" portion. Was doing power squats and tweaked my back. Yikes! I managed to finish the workout, but man, it is now difficult to move. It feels better today than it did last night, so am hoping it will be better quickly. Really looking forward to my Saturday massage! :)
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids. sdereski, I am so sorry to read about tragic news. You have had a quite a few occurrences and I am sending you a ton of hugs and my sincerest condolences to you and those impacted by it. I have to do a much better job logging. I have 20 more pounds to lose and it is becoming more difficult for me. Exercise is NOT the issue but my diet is. I have worked with multiple nutritionists who claim to specialize in people with food allergies or plant based diets, yet none of them have proved successful for me. I refuse to give up. In the meantime, I will keep researching and trying to gather the right diet balance that best suits me. Have a great day kids.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowed 30 minutes (6300m).

Going to band rehearsal later, so that means 5 hours of drive time, round trip. Not awesome. But at least I'll get in a good upper body and core workout while playing!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @sdereski I'm so sorry about the tragedy that hit your town. So heartbreaking.
    @AliNouveau Praying for your mom!

Yesterday, I hit the pool for a water aerobics class and then P90X3 Agility X, one of my favorite workouts! Today was long run day and P90X3 Yoga X. I made it 7 miles before the sky opened up again. I like running in the rain, but it was raining too hard, even for me. And yes, @gam3rguy I even did the yoga.
  • blankpageargh
    blankpageargh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @Lacey_75, 54 here and just learning to run. C25k, yoga, and hiking mountain of new england. 87# to go. Let's be running partners. I love into MFP and log in daily. Perhaps someone could tell me what p90 and Shaun week are?