40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @Djproulx Awesome weekend for you! Love the pics and the "manniversary."

P90X3 Total Synergistically and a 5-mile run with hill sprints. Dang! It was hot out there today!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Speed 1.0"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Great day kids. Djproulx, happy manniversary. Love it. TRX and Tabata done. Welcome newbies. Have a wonderful day kids.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Rowed 30 easy minutes, followed by strength work.

Could only do one rep of assisted pull-ups before my elbow started hurting again. It's worrisome. Will back off and find an alternate exercise.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    HI All, @Djproulx , congratulations! Love the pictures. So awesome!

My weekend took a turn for the worse....my husband experienced sudden onset of severe abd pain Friday night, so I took him to hospital. They admitted him, with possible appendicitis. They talked of flying him out for surgery, then opted to treat him with antibiotics. He came home Saturday and basically stayed in bed as he was experiencing on / off pain. Feeling better every day. Needless to say, not much time to workout as all the B&B work fell to me. Also had a funeral for the young lady that was killed while riding her bike.

I did manage to take my granddaughters out on Sunday. We went for a nice long walk, and played a good while in the park. The 2 year old kept me running as she sure can climb, and is fearless. Not sure why she thinks she wont get hurt if she lets go of the monkey bars. :p

Monday was a housekeeping day, lunch with a visiting friend and house concert in the evening. It was also a stat holiday for us in Canada.
    Back to work today and back to my workout schedule. Helps that DH is home early to greet guests. :)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus"=Done!
  • megsybeth
    megsybeth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I turned 40 in May. Reading through the posts this seems like a great group! I'm someone who's always been very thin. When I was younger it was because of an undiagnosed medical condition (I had celiac so I couldn't absorb nutrients).

Now I'm healthier but gained more than I'd like. This spring I hit the scale at 165 or so and realized that was my highest pregnancy weight. I honestly still struggle with denial until I'm trying on a bikini. And I'm not crazy enough to do that very often! My goal is to lose ten pounds and to be able to do 10 push-ups with good form.

The only diet I seem to be able to do is Keto, which I actually love. I think it's because celiac, which is an autoimmune reaction to gluten, just makes a person not do great with grains. I'll add back rice and potatoes in small amounts when I maintain.

For exercise, I've come to accept that running is too hard on my body. I love cardio at the time I'm doing it but can't do the recovery from running. Now I'm into barre. It is very intense for the hour that I do it but I feel great afterward.

In barre we do body weights and light weights. Sometimes kettle bells and resistance bands. I'm curious about thoughts from other women about whether this is enough lifting. Would I get more bone density/fat loss if I worked in heavy weights? I'm very happy with the way my body looks on barre, but want to make sure I'm healthy.

:)Megan

• BettyM1017
    Options
    P90X3 X3 Yoga and a 10-mile run. Brutally hot today so I had to hit the treadmill. Today's run has been brought to you by too many episodes of Arrow, lol!
  • __TMac__
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Track workout today. 5 x 400m with 400m walk in between. 1 mile warm-up and cool-down.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Got in a butt workout and some abs.

I was away from Thursday to yesterday for our shortened vacation. Shortened because of my mom's bypass surgery. I've never had such a fun vacation. We went to hubs' uncle's cottage and hubs' cousin was there with his kids. I baked with his daughter, we caught crabs, made lots of crab cakes, hiked and explored this river area. Drank to the wee small hours of the morning with the cousin. I realized I had such a good time because his sense of humour is exactly like my dad's was.

And I didn't gain weight I lost... Between mlm stress and cooking for everyone I did good. Yay
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    P90X3 X3 Yoga and a 10-mile run. Brutally hot today so I had to hit the treadmill. Today's run has been brought to you by too many episodes of Arrow, lol!

there's no such thing as "too many episodes of Arrow"! :p
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Cardio"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    It was brutally hot today. The goal was a 4-mile recovery run. Sadly, I gassed out at 2 miles but pushed for another ½ mile before walking the last 1 ½ miles. On the positive side, I managed to hatch a Pokemon egg. I also tackled P90X3 Agility X (I had to make up for not doing it on Tuesday) and The Challenge (6/15). Time to cool off and refuel before work.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    A fast* 3m on the treadmill. The plan said it was supposed to be an easy* 3, but I didn't realize that until I got home.

*Everything is relative.

Then strength. Arms and core.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    A fast* 3m on the treadmill. The plan said it was supposed to be an easy* 3, but I didn't realize that until I got home.

That old 5k time is in serious trouble this fall!!

• __TMac__
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    TmacMMM wrote: »

That old 5k time is in serious trouble this fall!!

Sure hope so!!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Did 9568 steps,30.7km cycling and 24 flights of stairs yesterday.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit & Ab Intervals"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    nelja wrote: »
    Did 9568 steps,30.7km cycling and 24 flights of stairs yesterday.

I'm tired just thinking about walking up 24 flights of stairs! Wow.