40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    Hello, still on holidays! So, we have visited parts of NS, the Fundy coast in NB and are now relaxing in PEI. My workouts are "nil", but we walk a lot and I am only eating two meals a day. I am sleeping very well, drinking tons and tons of water, and I feel GREAT!

BOOM!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Didn't check in on the weekend. Missed my strength training workout on Saturday as my back is still so sore! Man, it even hurts to breathe at times. I did go for a 7.5 km walk / run and then a nice 25km bike ride. Back felt just okay, but it was so nice out and I wanted to do something.

Yesterday we sat most of the day as we travelled to visit our grandkids so, 5 hours in the vehicle, round trip. :tongue: Did play with our granddaughter for a bit, but she was busy trying to learn "how to drive" her new battery operated chevy truck. Looks just like dads. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    what's the backstory on your back, sdereski?!?! I missed it!
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group! I am 49 and everytime I lose I gain it back +. Just need to be held accountable and know others that know after 40 it all changes.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Total Body Circuit"=Done!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have 30+ pounds to lose. In the past 10 years have only been under 160 lbs once, but was a healthy weight before then (I went through early menopause in my 30s and put on 25 lbs in a year). I don't want it to be all about numbers, though. Generally, I want to have more energy, stay healthy as I age *and* feel better when I look in the mirror. I just took some "before" photos and if they don't motivate me, I don't know what will!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    P90X3 Total Synergistics and a 4-mile Tempo run yesterday. P90X3 Agility X and Water Zumba today.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Today's run was supposed to be 3 miles easy, and it was! I'll hit the Y a little later for some strength work.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies!

Three and a half weeks until my final race of the season, so that means two more weeks of heavy training. I'm feeling fairly well prepared for the hilly bike course at this point, but that feeling will disappear on race day, lol. And under the heading of "too much of a good thing", I registered for the full Ironman race at Lake Placid next year. My wife is not amused....
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    HI Guys - Can I play too? I'm definitely over 40 y/o - Eastcoast Jim
  • ecjim
    Options
    Part 2 I forgot to add - I'm in Central Fla - usually sunny
  • ecjim
    Options
    nnd001 wrote: »
    Amazing how emotional state can have an impact on diet / food choices. Had an emotional call with my mom this morning and basically ended up taking my stress out in my eating and also didn't exercise. Very poor choices on my part but when I look at my log I may have gone over my daily calorie goal by about 1300 Cals (my daily goal is 1200). Figure writing it here would make me feel appropriately guilty. Kind of terrible really - I should have better control.

It happens sometimes - don't worry over it - try to avoid doing it next time - right now you can cut back on cals/ carbs for a couple days - maybe eat more veggies instead - get a little more exercise -
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Lower Focus"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »

Where in central Florida? I'm in St. Pete.
  • ecjim
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

Where in central Florida? I'm in St. Pete.

Lake Wales - a couple hours down Rt 60 from you
  • zennil2
    zennil2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am newer to MFP as this is my first week back attempting to drop several pounds. I currently have 0 motivational friends on here and am looking to change that. I tend to fall off the wagon if left to my own devices.

Feel free to add me, I need all the help I can get!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    nnd001 wrote: »
    Amazing how emotional state can have an impact on diet / food choices. Had an emotional call with my mom this morning and basically ended up taking my stress out in my eating and also didn't exercise. Very poor choices on my part but when I look at my log I may have gone over my daily calorie goal by about 1300 Cals (my daily goal is 1200). Figure writing it here would make me feel appropriately guilty. Kind of terrible really - I should have better control.

It happens sometimes - don't worry over it - try to avoid doing it next time - right now you can cut back on cals/ carbs for a couple days - maybe eat more veggies instead - get a little more exercise -

I was on the same boat for year. Had to go to counseling to get over my emotional eating. Hugs. I know how hard it can be. A day at a time. Great advice, more exercise will help just don't eat all your calories back.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    45 yr old, pre diabetic, need to lose 60, so far lost 24lbs. Getting back to my healthy routine after Summer break. I exercise to keep my depression and anxieties in check. Use to be an emotional eater. No control. Now I control what I eat.
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    howan wrote: »
    I'm 47 and have 30+ pounds to lose. In the past 10 years have only been under 160 lbs once, but was a healthy weight before then (I went through early menopause in my 30s and put on 25 lbs in a year). I don't want it to be all about numbers, though. Generally, I want to have more energy, stay healthy as I age *and* feel better when I look in the mirror. I just took some "before" photos and if they don't motivate me, I don't know what will!

I started this year with before and after pics and let me tell you it is mind blowing. The impact it has is overwhelming. Even if the scale won't go down, you still see your transformation. Totally recommend it.

Feeling better is another one of my goals. I want to be mobile at old age, feel happy.

Good luck!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    what's the backstory on your back, sdereski?!?! I missed it!

I hurt it lifting. Was doing power squats with heavy weight and on one squat felt something in my back. Was able to finish the workout and have continued to work out, but every now and then, just a wrong move sends me backward. :( This last episode was a sneeze. Just about brought me to my knees. you know you're getting old when.....a freaking sneeze will put your back out. :p