40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    Ran an easy 3 this morning. I know that it was both "easy" and "3" because I used my new Garmin!

I love my new Garmin! I freaked out a little though the first time I used it in the pool. Which one did you get?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ran an easy 3 this morning. I know that it was both "easy" and "3" because I used my new Garmin!

You will become a "slave" to that device very quickly. No more 4.99 mile runs...gotta keep going 'til the Garmin says 5:00!

Ain't that the truth! But I love having my distance and pace available at a glance and it keeps pace on the treadmill, too!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Easy 3 miles today and P90X3 The Challenge (6/15). The 3rd and final beach race is tomorrow. I'm praying for overcast skies and a nice breeze off the water!
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

I love my new Garmin! I freaked out a little though the first time I used it in the pool. Which one did you get?

@BettyM1017 -- The Garmin 920XT. So far, awesome. I will test the weirdness of swimming with it tomorrow. :)
  • __TMac__
    Options
    amandaeve wrote: »
    Hi! Turned 40 this year, would love to join in. Right now most of my activity is biking and boxing classes. Most of my eating is too much. ;)

This made me LOL. :)
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Tried metabolic conditioning class. Was a killer!
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I skipped the weight room today - was cutting trees & wrestling logs today instead. sort of like hi-rep deadlifts
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Today is all about the lamb stew I bought for lunch lol Back at gym tomorrow. Next weekend is an OCR so I better be good this weekend.

Have an awesome weekend everyone :)
  • MarcA1218
    MarcA1218 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this- not sure how to join but count me in.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "FOCUS T25 Alpha: Ab Intervals & Speed 1.0"=Done!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    MarcA1218 wrote: »
    I'd like to join this- not sure how to join but count me in.

Welcome!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,957 Member
    Options
    One more holiday day and then it is back to normal. I had a good break....I am ready to resume normal. BOOM!
  • howan
    howan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Got my FitBit! Not even a watch-wearer, so it's going to take some getting used to. Today's main exercise was walking a 1/2 mile uphill to tennis courts - played for an hour (needed 2 breaks!), then walked for another 45 minutes. So, according to the FB, I've done just over 15k steps, climbed the equivalent of 34 floors and burned 1,910 calories. Food has been good today, but am starving and dinner is at least 2 hours away... Willpower, don't fail now! (I think a healthy snack might be in order).
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    40ish gal here need to.lose 73 lbs already lost 13 lb so far in addition to working on the 73 lbs been on a stall though I'm a caregiver to my mom full time and part time to 2 little grand kids. Lucky not to be at work for now, but these days keep me busier than any job I've had. Trying to fit it all in exercise, eat right etc but it's tough. Thanks for sharing love this thread.
  • TrafficCory
    TrafficCory Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nobody over 40 is cool. Maybe we can lose weight however.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    New kid here... not sure if there is a 50+ group... but since I am in the + side of the 40... I'll hang here for a while. After all, this IS the place where the cool kids are.

New here on MFP.... add me if you'd like.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    New kid here... not sure if there is a 50+ group... but since I am in the + side of the 40... I'll hang here for a while. After all, this IS the place where the cool kids are.

New here on MFP.... add me if you'd like.

Welcome. I too have in the 50+ age bracket and they haven't booted me out yet. :) After all, 50 is the new 40.