40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    And no more strapping dumbbells together with a belt. Hundred pounder pull overs!

89zq6zt4eddm.jpeg
    b814jl4vqlf3.jpeg
  • woodruffsteve1467
    woodruffsteve1467 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey there, add me! New, over 40 cool kid, just looking to build a network to share in health goals and milestones
  • AllPositive1
    AllPositive1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Through 4 days of T25 beta. It's not too bad. I'm not doing it at 100%, I'm modifying at times not to kill my knees. Tomorrow is double cardio, hopefully I can make it without breaking.
  • Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    New to MFP, but not to fitness. At my age (55+), very little is new to me--except some great advice I've read on this site. Ready to tackle at least 20 lbs. of what I call age-related surplus of "extra me." Ready to not use age-related issues as an excuse anymore. This looks like a great thread!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

A trip to the orthopedic's office for a second opinion landed me in "no running jail" for the next few weeks. So I'll have to focus on bike and swim work to allow my cranky heel to recover before a late April race.

On a positive note, I'm starting to see results by following the same eating plan I used last spring. My goal remains a 12lb loss before racing season is underway. Fingers crossed.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Hey Kids,
    A trip to the orthopedic's office for a second opinion landed me in "no running jail" for the next few weeks. So I'll have to focus on bike and swim work to allow my cranky heel to recover before a late April race.

On a positive note, I'm starting to see results by following the same eating plan I used last spring. My goal remains a 12lb loss before racing season is underway. Fingers crossed.

LOL, the fact that I can't really run (might be able to give it a try now, but scared to try it on the treadmill since it doesn't stop if my leg decides to have a random fit) is the one thing that hasn't been a huge loss for me! I never did like running, I think I'm more bothered by the "can't" than the "not doing it" part.

Had a killer Thursday workout - kept pushing through my entire "muscle endurance" session this morning, and ended up workout out harder than I did on Tuesday (when I did the same routine).

Hopefully all of this will pay off when race season starts in a month :s
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

Boo! I hate no-running jail.

But yay on the progress toward racing weight!
  • resale3108
    resale3108 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oooh!! I qualify for this group! Can I join?
  • QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I kind of strained my right knee just a little last week, so I've been told no squats, and obviously no Olympic lifts, since those are all about the squat. Tonight's program is strict press 3x3 at 28kg, kettlebell armbar, turkish get-ups (boo), waiter carries, and triceps stuff which I did last night but I guess I will do it again. That's not enough to break a sweat so I think I will do some erg machine stuff, either the rower or the new ski one they just got.

Knee is already much improved, I think it just wanted a mini-vacation.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    REST DAY!!! gonna do it right today! blowing off work to go see Black Panther!!! gonna play some Switch too!!!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids,

You got this! Me, not so much. I can make it about 3 days without running before running shows up in my dreams. If I take off too many days in a row, I will end up running in my sleep!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    REST DAY!!! gonna do it right today! blowing off work to go see Black Panther!!! gonna play some Switch too!!!

Finally! I know this is a tough one for you, but I believe in you, lol!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Endurance today. What's the definition of endurance? One mile of walking lunges! Oh my, that was a challenge and a half, with some serious upper body work every .2 of a mile, and finishing up with the Cha Cha Slide in plank. Amazing!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Strength and cardio today. Upped my weights on nearly all the lifts, too, so that's always a good sign. Right shoulder (which I dorked over a month ago) finally feeling a little better and got to lift quite a bit heavier with it than I had been - still light compared to some of my other lifts just due to the fact that I haven't pushed it while it was ouchy, but nice to lift what I could instead of just "what didn't hurt."
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been MIA for a while. After my week of do nothing, I was out of town for work, which translates to lots of driving and LOTS of sitting! Ugh. Eating was tough - as I am limited, especially when on the road. By the time I got home, was not feeling so great. Stomach was shot. I get so tired of eating protein bars.

Finally got out for a run yesterday. Can't believe how tough it was! Man....two weeks sure set me back. :tongue:
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders”=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    Hi all, I've been MIA for a while. After my week of do nothing, I was out of town for work, which translates to lots of driving and LOTS of sitting! Ugh. Eating was tough - as I am limited, especially when on the road. By the time I got home, was not feeling so great. Stomach was shot. I get so tired of eating protein bars.

Finally got out for a run yesterday. Can't believe how tough it was! Man....two weeks sure set me back. :tongue:

Welcome back! It is tough to get back in the swing of things even after a short layoff. Thank goodness for muscle memory! You'll be killing it again in no time!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    Because of my work schedule, Saturdays seem to work best for my rest day....so here I am...just resting...ish.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Because of my work schedule, Saturdays seem to work best for my rest day....so here I am...just resting...ish.

I know the struggles of the "rest". it's like..."that's what I'm doing when I'm sleeping"! LOL!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!