40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    I've been running again - or a slow jog rather. Did 4 miles yesterday with NO walks! :) Baby steps.....

That's pretty darn good!

Yesterday was Chest/Bi/HIIT
    jr8qw9yes2xf.gif
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Legs/Beast Abs"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Haven't been doing much, still super tired...still walking, still combat most mornings...need to start weights again...tomorrow????
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Haven't been doing much, still super tired...still walking, still combat most mornings...need to start weights again...tomorrow????

Just pick up the weights and do it! You know you can!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders/Arms”=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »
    I've been running again - or a slow jog rather. Did 4 miles yesterday with NO walks! :) Baby steps.....

Sounds great!

Yesterday was a cardio day for me. ZOOM!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    I did some weights last night (chest/back), not the full routine. I stopped when I suddenly felt super fatigued. I'm only 2 weeks out from the persistent fainting, and still on iron pills (which make me feel sick), so I'm going to keep taking it slow and listening to my body. But, I did do something...and tonight I will try again (bi/tri/forearm).
  • 11Templars
    Options
    I did some weights last night (chest/back), not the full routine. I stopped when I suddenly felt super fatigued. I'm only 2 weeks out from the persistent fainting, and still on iron pills (which make me feel sick), so I'm going to keep taking it slow and listening to my body. But, I did do something...and tonight I will try again (bi/tri/forearm).

Important to listen to your body. That being said, you're totally doing it! Good for you!

Better to go and lift 2lbs, and be able to go the next day, then it is to list 10lbs and miss 3 days because you're injured.

Random question, but are you focusing on proper breathing whilst lifting? I know that sounds odd, but it is key. I've seen a few ppl pass totally out in the gym. Either from holding their breath, which is very common. Or Hyperventilating while lifting. Just breathing too fast. I try to breath out, on the "concentric" part of my lifts. I find it's easier if I make a little noise too. Kid of like a little .sheeeesh sound.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    11Templars wrote: »

Important to listen to your body. That being said, you're totally doing it! Good for you!

Better to go and lift 2lbs, and be able to go the next day, then it is to list 10lbs and miss 3 days because you're injured.

Random question, but are you focusing on proper breathing whilst lifting? I know that sounds odd, but it is key. I've seen a few ppl pass totally out in the gym. Either from holding their breath, which is very common. Or Hyperventilating while lifting. Just breathing too fast. I try to breath out, on the "concentric" part of my lifts. I find it's easier if I make a little noise too. Kid of like a little .sheeeesh sound.

Agree. Good for you! Got in my cardio day last night, about 2 hours roller skating.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Focus T25: Gamma Speed 3.0" & "Brute Force: Blue Line Fitness Series-1"=DONE!
  • 11Templars
    Options
    I did ALL the weights last night!!! First time since donating blood (which started all the fainting issues)...I did the whole routine!!! So proud!!! It's kind of amazing how good just normal and healthy can feel!!!

Great job!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre"=DONE!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    Weights tomorrow. For sure. I need to focus on doing more weight-lifting and only fill-in with cardio (it’s the other way around at the moment and I know my body isn’t up to snuff).
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start & Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 1=Done!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Options
    Saturday was awesome! I raked leaves for 5 hours and still did shoulders/legs...yesterday was all rest day...which, I almost never do, but my carpal tunnel demanded it, plus a day off was super nice!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor: Day 1: Chest & Back"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 2!!! 60#! HOLY HELL!!! Broke up the last set of thrusters to 9/6...then just slammed out the Burpees! Just gonna lay here for a while now. 😪👍
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "A Week of Hard Labor: Day 2: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "P90X3: Cold Start, Brute force Operator Series Alpha 3! and A Week of Hard Labor: Day 3: Core"=Done!