is there an exercise you wish you could do?

Options
I wish I could run but due to having three children under 6 I just don't have the free time to do it at the moment. I see others running and really wish I could. So for now I have to stick to walking and dvds.

So is there anything you wish you could do and why can't you?

Replies

• rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do regular style push-ups and do free hanging dips without weight assist. But I'm working on it! I've already gone up (down?) and notch in the dip assits.

Is there someone that can watch your kids while you go running? Maybe you can trade with another mom to watch her kids while she does something?
  • ChanlynMay
    ChanlynMay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I would love to run too. It is my goal for this year. I just had a breast reduction earlier this year so am looking forward to working my way up to it!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I miss horseback riding. Too expensive. I miss barn work, too. Although if I tried it right now I'd probably gimp up my back for a month.
  • christibear
    christibear Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Un-assisted pull ups, I am very impressed when I see other people do them. I'm just not strong enough yet.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Several yoga poses. HA!
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do zumba dance or some other dance cardio workout but with too left feet and no moves that will never happen LOL
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Push-ups, pull-ups and double jump-kick! Perhaps losing weight will help with the last one :)
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I want to run.. but I give up because I fail a lot LOL
  • malibulu
    Options
    yes, I'd love to run. I'd love to be able to actually run... I dont have the technique, and, like you, I have 3 young children on my own at home. No one to watch them and even if there was someone, I'd need to try and get the technique mastered before I could actually run. I would like to have a treadmill to practice on so that I could build up my stamina and strength, but unfortunately its not really possible.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I'd love to be able to do pull ups!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I wish I could climb a rope. Even though I was a very active child and teen I had zilch upper body strength and never could climb a rope or do pull-ups. No way I can do it now with all the extra weight. But that is one of my goals. Increased upper body strength so I can climb a rope or really go rock climbing!
  • nancy5012
    Options
    Burpees, sprint starts and the plank
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do lots of regular push ups... and I also wish I was one of those amazing pretzel-yogis!!!!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Full pull ups
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Skate. I'm just scared I'm going to fall.
  • Squir88
    Squir88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Pull-ups.
  • capalm
    capalm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton's 10 min. workout. Im thinking about buying it, but tried the free version on Dr. oz website, but it doesn't play. Has anyone tried it? I have the middle age spread and would really like to tighten that area, like the before/after photos I seen on dr. oz.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Really wish I could do planks and side planks and keep the position for the time my instructor asks for.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. I have a messed up back and deadlifts will make it worse.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Pull-ups and 5 real push-ups. I'm doing sets of girl push-ups and they're kicking my *kitten* when I get to 10 or so. I guess pretty soon I'll be doing man push-ups.