is there an exercise you wish you could do?

Options

Replies

• kjtstarr
    Options
    I wish I could run but I just can't. I have asthma as well as just not having the stamina
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    1. Pull up. No footie on the chair helping LOL. Right now (after a round of P90x) - I hang there like a dead fish. But NOT THIS YEAR PEOPLE. I will be doing a pull up by summers end and you will see a NSV success story thread with my awesomeness. (yes, i am trying to pump myself up :) )
    2. handstand in yoga. My core is not strong enough yet to hold. But just need more practice Woot
  • 27Sunrises
    Options
    Pull ups!!! My upper body is not strong enough but working on it now! I planned to do at least 5 by the end of the summer. Wish me luck!:)
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of things I'd love to be able to do. I've been so out of shape for so long that I am having to start from the ground up and rebuild everything. I have asthma as well so that makes doing hard core exercising difficult but I'm really trying to work my way up. I'm hoping to get there eventually. What I want to do most is just take off running with my mp3 player blaring and just be free... me and my tunes and the pavement. That is one goal I am really really looking forward to achieving.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between pull-ups, REAL push-ups, and the yoga pose "Crane".
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I can do my two big ones but not properly.

1. Jump rope - I'm a little on the uncooridinated side and after about the 10th or so time getting tripped up I give up
    2. Swim laps - I can swim well enough to not drown but I'd like to have the technical skills to swim laps properly (I may take a few classes and see if I can rectify that one)
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Planks and burpees!
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    Long distance swimming, running, and pull ups.
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just saw what a "burpee" is. My body just doesn't do that yet. lol
  • OneTooManyTacos
    Options
    jogging... I never was much of a runner but I've heard it's something that can be very helpful in building stamina which is something that I really, really wish I had!
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anything that involved hands, press ups, weights etc. would be lovely :o( I miss not having proper working hands, I used to love tennis and things but now I just have to look at a press up and my arms feel in a vice!
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would love to run too. It is my goal for this year. I just had a breast reduction earlier this year so am looking forward to working my way up to it!

I had one 7 years ago (I was 20) and it was the best decision of my life!
  • nmoore226
    nmoore226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    man push ups!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

Running - my husband is a marathoner and I HATE it. I can't run one.

Pull ups - I am with everyone here. I can lift well, do push ups, etc but can only dangle on a pull up bar.

Ski - I moved to Colorado 20 years ago and it still terrifies me. I feel out of control!
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Several yoga poses. HA!

I'm with you. I also wish i could do squat thrust (there are several names for them) but it's when you squat kick your legs back into a plank position and back up very fast. Real push ups and pull ups would be great. I can't do those because I don't have the strength yet. I woudl like to build stamina to run too.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I wish I could swim but I can't. :(
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do pullups unassisted, and swim decently. I also wish I could do the standing splits, the wheel and seated forward bends in yoga (instead of my usual seated move my torso forward 5cm cause that's as far as my body can go).
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Was doing Yoga for P90X.... clearly I'm not as flexible as I thought. There're several moves in there that leaves me stumbling all over the place. Wish I could get those right.
  • trkinsky
    trkinsky Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am determined to do pull-ups. That is my goal for 2012,complete 2 sets of 5 pull-ups. I need to be able to look down and see my toes first!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I want to run! Don't know why I can't, but I get bad shin cramps after just a few minutes. I'm going to try C25K and see if it helps.