Have you taken down your Christmas tree yet?

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Nope. I love the holidays and want to keep the tree up for however long it will stay fresh.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. I didn't want it still up when the kids went back to school, which is tomorrow. Hurray!!!!
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask .. since I did not get it up and decorated until the 20th, I figured that I would leave it up a little longer. Will come down over the next couple days.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    took all my christmas decorations down inside and out the day after christmas but they had been up since day after thanksgiving so I was really tired of it by then.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I took it down on the 27th. I like to start the New Year off with everything organized and clean.... nothing left over from 2011. (Yes, I am clearly a 'Type A' personality.)
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mine will come down after the 12th day of christmas....
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    Mine came down the day after Christmas, I usually leave it up until after New Years but I am notorious for leaving it up well into January. I thought I'd be proactive this year!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Down on Dec 28th!
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    No tree this year as I was out of town celebrating with my parents while my BF stayed behind and he didn't want to 'deal' with it.
    I have things on my fireplace I need to put away tonight and the outside stuff will have to wait until things dry out. It was 40mph winds and rain yesterday and today it snowed an inch of snow. The good day to do it was Sat but we both worked and came home to darkness so one of our days off it will happen!
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mine came down today. They HAVE to be down and away before the 6th January or you get bad luck all year!!!!!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    yup the parents took it down today :(

xxx
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nope, my husband wants it up until 3 kings day
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Mine went today. Nice to get the room back to normal.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    We usually leave our tree up until the end of January. I hate (get depressed) that it gets dark outside early so we leave it up for some light. I sit in our living room with just the tree lit and find it very comforting
  • toogoodtobetrue
    Options
    Took it down New Year's day. I always want to start the New Year with Christmas behind me!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine is still up. I hate all the work of taking it down and organizing everything and hauling it all to the attic. One reason I usually wait to decorate only a few days before Christmas is that when I decorate early, like this year, the tree becomes such a fixture by now. It loses it's specialness and I tend to overlook that it is still here. I'll take it down next weekend, probably. Unless I can talk hubby in to doing it while he is home this week.
  • bsmac
    bsmac Posts: 1
    Options
    Took it down Sat (NYE) because that's when we had time. Once we got started it went quick. The wife and I had everything put away in an hour.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Took us the entire day yesterday to get our house back from the Christmas explosion but everything is back up in the attic including the heavy tree lol
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Mine came down the 27th!
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Nope, not yet. Pure laziness!!!