Eating out.

2»

Replies

• crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    If you have a Chili's around there, they have a Guiltless Chicken Platter that is not on the menu. It is a grilled chicken breast and two sides....I get rice and black beans and the whole man is less than 500 calories (450, I think, or something like that). Broccoli is another low cal side.....I get that and eat the chips and salsa if I've saved calories and it's about 800 calories or less. I LOVE Chili's!! It's my only splurge that I eat out lately.....
  • tfrog
    tfrog Posts: 5
    I use 1/2 greek yougur strained overnitet 1/2 no fat sourcream some franks red hot to taste and salt and pepper. This is a good base for lots of things, add some surgar sub and you get a good sandwich spread, add some powder spinich dip from MacCormicks and you have a good salad dressing. add some type of laughing cow and you have good mix for tuna or chicken salad. Add some to the tops of button mushrooms and broil with some smoked munster and you have a low cal app. Mix with some salsa and then add to a grilled avacado.
    The most fun in losing the weight is expirementing with new foods, some work great and others not so much.

I travel for my job all over north and south america and the best thing to remember is when you are ordering out,YOU ARE PAYING THEM FOR THE MEAL, so forget the menu and fix menu items. Order what you want and how you want it fixed and most resturants will do what they can to accomodate you. Worst case is you order ala cart and put together a meal. Grilled chicken breast, house salad NO CHEESE, NO BACON, and dressing on the side. I always carry some fat free salad dressing packets when I travel and slip them out of my pocket if need be the same could be applied to mayo I guess but you are better off finding a good sub that you like. When I use my salad dressing I always leave a little more of a tip so if I go back the servers are not put off. Works in every country if have been in.:tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I like chipotle chicken tacos, and noodles & co. Has a trio where u get salad, small japanese pan noodles and shrimp.
  • I love to use laughing cow cheese as my spread instead of mayo. I also use it for chicken and tuna salad too, add a little milk to thin it a bit and everything else stays the same.
    I love this!!! I've got laughing cow cheese in the refrigerator now. I'll be trying this one...thanks!
  • I'm gonna tried the 1/2 Greek yogurt and no fat sour cream...sound like this could also work for me.

I appreciate all the great tips...I excited about trying them out!
  • I love to use laughing cow cheese as my spread instead of mayo. I also use it for chicken and tuna salad too, add a little milk to thin it a bit and everything else stays the same.
    I did this and haven't had mayo for 2 weeks....I used lite laughing cow cheese. Wonderful advice!