protein shakes/recipes

Options
Hi peeps, I like protein shakes and use the EAS powder, right now I have only tried the vanilla, but I do have the eas protein chocolate shakes that are already ready and contain 42 grams of protein, I like to have a shake around 5 am at work so that when I do go home and go to bed I am not hungry and eating whatever is in site.

SOooooo my question is this....if you utilize powdered protein, what recipes do you use, what are your faves, ect...I would like a good one for PB and choco or something fruity where you can taste the fruit. I dont normally use milk I will use greek yogurt either vanilla or plain, and some V8 diet juice the fruit kind, and ice along with fiber powder, but that can make one a tad gassy so I dont do it everyday. lol....it just makes it even creamier.

or if you have or know of a good website for recipes Id be psyched to try that.

thanks in advance

mary AKA fishsticks

Replies

• Galletakek
    Options
    !! Lean Body Lifestyle!! i tried most of them! sooo good! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/user/leanbodylifestyle
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I use any random protein powder provided it is whey protein ISOLATE. If it's not isolate my gut rebels. I haven't tried other sources for protein in my shakes.

My recipe:

One cup of skim milk or plain fat free yogurt, whatever you prefer.
    One half scoop of whey protein isolate (my current container, a 1/2 scoop is about 15 g of protein)
    One cup of frozen strawberries
    One cup of frozen mango chunks

Blend

Add water or ice until desired consistency is reached.
    It makes about two tall glasses.
    Change out the fruits once in a while to keep it interesting or to adjust to your calorie and sugar goals. Banana will blow your sugars off the map, so avoid if sugars are important for your diet.
    I plan on adding some frozen chopped spinach next time, see how it turns out :)

ETA: if you take them at the end of a work shift, prepare ahead of time and freeze. Let thaw in the work fridge and enjoy, either as a frozen treat or a shake.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    for a nice twist on the protein shake..which I drink way too many of....try fat free vanilla pudding, strawberries, a banana and scoop of powder....very tasty all blended up...I do milk and greek yogurt but sometimes the pudding is a nice change.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie--

1/4 c pumpkin
    pumpkin pie spice
    cinnamon or vanilla whey
    sweetener (optional)
    ice

berry
    frozen berries
    vanilla whey
    no ice

I use a stick blender, and I also add baby spinach sometimes (you can't even taste it)

www.ohsheglows.com is a great site for recipes.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    omg they all sound super cant wait to try and believe me i will. thank you soooooooooooooo much
  • shaycg21
    Options
    great ideas. I can't wait to read more!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i do a vanilla EAS whey protein with frozen raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries (comes as a mix) splash of oj and splash of non fat milk and omg..im in heaven very yummy

or do a vanilla, pineapple and coconut, non fat milk and its like a pina colada...:bigsmile:
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite

1 cup soy milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 small banana
    2 tbs peanut butter
    1 cup spinach
  • Jennifer0878
    Jennifer0878 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My favorite is:

1 scoop Vanilla protein powder (or your choosing)
    1/2 C. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 C. non-fat plain yogurt
    1/2 C. frozen blueberries
    1/2 C. frozen strawberries
    1/2 C. frozen banana slices (optional)

Mix all together in a blender and enjoy!
  • why add the spinach? what does it do to the taste? :)
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    These sound great, just what I was looking for... thanks to all!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Do you all buy those big vats of protein powder (sold in Target, Walmart, etc)? Or is there a smaller version of the vats?
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    why add the spinach? what does it do to the taste? :)

Spinach would add alot of iron and probably just take on the flavor of whatever else was added in. Spinach is very nutricious :) All leafy green vegetables are.

I love the new juices that you can by that are veggies and fruit in one tasty drink. For someone who has trouble getting in their portions , this is great ! And kids love it too !
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a chocolate, peanut butter, and banana shake.

1 cup milk
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 scoop chocolate whey powder
    1 rounded teaspoon of instant coffee (optional)
    1 tsp honey (optional)
    4-5 ice cubes

Blend until smooth.

This is pretty high cal (over 300) but it is hearty enough to have instead of a meal. I usually have it for breakfast.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with half caf coffee, SF vanilla syrup, and 2Tbs of half and half - awfully delish :)

(I use GNC 100% Whey Cookies and Cream or Vanilla)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like that pumpkin idea..
    Ordering Chia seeds too.. heard alot about them.
  • Thanks!

I love Beverly International Protein.

I made a smoothie last night with natural peanut butter and almond milk mixed with Beverly Chocolate Protein. It's taste is unbeatable!!

You can order the protein by contacting

Fitnessbygrace@gmail.com she is my trainer who got me hooked just tell her Katie sent you or you can order it online at DPS or other supplement websites. I would HIGHLY recommend. Best tasting stuff out there. I've tried many!
  • lindabarnett25
    Options
    1/2 cup vanilla low fat ice cream
    1 can diet orange soda
    3 tablespoons coolwhip
    this is a great low cal/fat recipe
    i guess a person could add the protein mix to this recipe to get the protein