Options

Replies

• eszuehlke
    Options
    Here's one of our favorite smoothie recipies from a friend:
    MUSCLE BUILDER
    2 Tbsp peanut butter
    1 banana
    1/3 c whey protein (we use a serving of our protein shake powder)
    1/2 c fat-free chocolate frozen yogurt
    1 c fat free milk

We buy our protein shakes from GNC (first week of the month is discount week for their club card holders). LeanShake (vanilla) is a good one. Recently switched to Gold Standard 100% Casein.
  • Charity1492
    Charity1492 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started using the soy protein powder originally to lower my cholesterol, but find that I LOVE the shakes! I do several different ones, but you mention chocolate peanut butter - easy to do! With the protein powder and water (I avoid dairy) I use either peanutbutter or almond butter, with cocoa...I like to add cinnamon too! I usually use 1/2 cup frozen banana for the potassium and it adds thickness to the shake. ENJOY! My personal favorite though is under EAS Soy Shake, Banana, Strawberry in the food selections. I already figured out the counts there for 1 scoop of soy powder with frozen strawberries and banana - I have this almost everyday (other fruits and veggies are yummy too) and this meal replacement does not leave me hungry!
  • I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Cherry Chocolate Bomb

1 cup frozen sweet cherries (Strawberries, bananas or blueberries work great too)
    1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (depends how chocolatey you like it)
    1 cup of milk of choice (I usually use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    1/2-1 cup of water (or you can use more milk)
    1 scoop protein powder (I usually use vanilla but chocolate would be awesome!)
    a pinch of xanthan gum (only if it's watery and icy)
    sweetener of choice (1-2 packets splenda or truvia work great)
    3-4 ice cubes

(Makes a blender full - about 2 servings or 1 serving for a person like me that drinks the entire thing!)

Once you find a shake you like, it will be easy to modify it to your taste.

For protein powder I usually use EAS 100% or Tapout because they are available at my grocery store, taste good, and price is decent.
  • llatier
    Options
    Freshly blended protein shakes are so much better than the prepackaged kind. My favorite is Butterfinger:

1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 c. water
    1 TBS ff sf butterscotch unprepared pudding mix
    1 TBS almond or peanut butter (or PB2 if you want to save some of those calories and fat)
    your favorite chocolate protein powder (I use Shakeology, Jay Robb or Herbalife)
    ice

or another favorite is Coconut Almond

1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk (oprtional: add some lite coconut milk too)
    1/2 c. coconut water
    1 TBS ff sf coconut unprepared pudding mix
    1 tsp. almond extract and/or coconut extract (you may need to experiment to suit your taste)
    Optional (TBS almonds)
    your favorite vanilla protein powder (I use Jay Robb or Herbalife)
    ice

Consider adding some cottage cheese for ice cream (yes, it know it sounds weird, but it makes it really thick and creamy) if you want to eat your shake with a spoon! Enjoy! I can't live without these.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I add spinach because it's an easy way to add vegetables to my diet without altering the flavor.
  • llatier
    Options
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I love putting canned pumpkin with vanilla protein, but my normal go to is --
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2tbsp cocoa powder
    cinnamon
    Ice (5-8 cubes)

YUM!
  • llatier
    Options
    Just had to post one more time because I experimented tonight with a new shake recipe with great success! I was out of control craving something sweet tonight, so I grabbed a weight watchers mocha sundae from the freezer. However, those have very little protein, so I put the sundae in the bullet, added a little bit of almond milk and some jay Robb choc protein. It was the best protein shake ever. A liitle more calories than I would have liked at about 300 but for 26 grams of protein and only 4 grams of fat, it is much better than the major binge I was about to go on. It saved me.
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i either mix mine with water, or skim milk
    some days i make a smoothie with low fat yogurt, fruit (fresh or canned with lite or no syrup), choc protein powder, sugar free choc syrup and sometimes peanut butter (if i'm low on cal for the day and the fruits agree with it) i love this smoothie. it tastes amazing after a hard workout
  • kabakken
    kabakken Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually use the EAS protein (chocolate flavor) and this is my fave recipe. (You can use a blender, but I just use a blender bottle I got from target and it mixes this perfectly).

1 scoop EAS protein powder (chocolate)
    1 tablespoon peanut butter
    1-2 tsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
    1 cup (8 oz) vanilla unsweetened almond milk
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump to read later :)
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always have a scoop with 8 oz water pre-workout, and
    post-workout I make my smoothie...
    1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 (small) banana, FF Skim Milk, Scoop of Vanilla protein, ground flax seed & L-Glutamine powder.
    LOVE IT and look forward to it everyday!
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SinOrSlim
    Options
    CHEWY CHOCOLATE PROTEIN BEANUT BUTTER BARS!!! AMAZINGGGG
    The recipe can be found at www.sinorslim.com along with a BUNCH of others!!!

IMG_03851.jpg
  • IrishFanVSG
    IrishFanVSG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I get mine either from GNC (100% Whey Gold Standard) or Pure Protein from Amazon. I signed up for a subscription through Amazon and I get free shipping and don't pay tax. It is cheaper than from Walmart and delivered to my door. I also get some ready to drink ones through a subscription. I think the chocolate in both those brands are good. I enjoy them. I also buy the sugar free Torani syrups to add some calorie free flavor. I use peppermint, almond roca, brown sugar cinnamon and black cherry.
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do they well unsweetened protein powders? I always go over on my sugars and I am trying not to eat any fake stuff. And if you know of any what are your favorites?
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    I have my shakes afterwork before the gym but have rubbish kitchen facilities at work.

if I were to blend a shake together in the morning (say powder, milk & fruit or powder peanut butter & coco) would that split through the day?

I do have a shake mixer with a wire ball so could "re shake"

Does anyone else pre-prepare besides freezing?

Thanks!
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Bump :)