Stretch marks!

Eazy43055
Eazy43055 Posts: 56
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay now that I have lost my first 6 pounds but still haven't noticed anything :S.. I have a question.. Will by stubborn stretch marks go away when I start to lose weight? How can I get rid of them. I have them on my tummy, sides and some not so big ones on my back.. I hate them! what can I do? Or will they just go away with time when I lose the weight? :yawn:

Replies

• Eazy43055
    Eazy43055 Posts: 56
    Okay now that I have lost my first 6 pounds but still haven't noticed anything :S.. I have a question.. Will by stubborn stretch marks go away when I start to lose weight? How can I get rid of them. I have them on my tummy, sides and some not so big ones on my back.. I hate them! what can I do? Or will they just go away with time when I lose the weight? :yawn:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I think we're stuck with our stretch marks! There's a laser thing that can be done (I watched it on "The Doctor's" last week), but it only fades them out a little. They don't go away on their own.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    you're stuck with them. They get smaller and less noticeable as you lose weight though. :flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I believe Losing_It is right.
    Stretch marks are tears in the skin.
    The don't go away but they usually fade a bit after time.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Unfortunately stretch marks are forever. Tanning will help to fade them and so will Bio-oil, but other than that they are there to stay :ohwell:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    From what I've read/heard, stretch marks might get less noticable, and they might not. I have a lot on my tummy, and some on my side. They've been getting a little better as I lose weight. I've also been using Nivea Anti-Cellulite lotion too try to keep my skin as firm as possible. It seems to work better than any of the cocoa butter lotions I've used in the past, but definitely not a miracle worker. Your best chance will be to lose fat overall (since you can't just target your tummy) at a slow and steady pace. Hope this helps!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member

Stretch marks are going to stay- I know its a bummer- I tried all over the counter stuff and realized it was all about money--

I did the whole coco butter thing to prevent them during my pregnancy but it didn't work I still came out looking like spider man attacked my stomach
  • mrsyac2
    Unfortunately stretch marks are forever. Tanning will help to fade them and so will Bio-oil, but other than that they are there to stay :ohwell:

I tried the tanning salon too- Yeah I was looked at like I had 8 heads walking into a tanning salon with natural olive skin color- But I tried it and it still didn't work lol :grumble: - But I got a good nap out of the deal
  • mrsyac2
    If they are currently red they will fade into a lighter color but stretch marks are here to stay- Thats why I am getting a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin/ stretch marks from my kids. (YUCK)
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member

Don't tan though! If you must, use the bottled tans. Laying in the sun or in a tanning booth is so bad for you!!!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I did the whole coco butter thing to prevent them during my pregnancy but it didn't work I still came out looking like spider man attacked my stomach

:laugh: Ha Ha Ha! Me too! My mother-in-law told me that would work, but I've got the spider-effect too.
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    my hubby calls my stretch marks my 'racing stripes' and he says they make me go faster:laugh:

i haven't tried anything to get rid of them, i just accept that they'll only get worse with kids...
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    My mom calls them "Battle Scars"!:laugh:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Bio oil works really well. Won't get rid of them but makes them much less noticable.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    :laugh: I had a tummy tuck, stretch marks are loooong gone! I did the laser thing, but you need sooo many treatments that it's more economical to have a tuck done. I never had any weight to lose int he beginning, but I did have 8 kids, so the stretch marks were there, and I'd be darned if I was going to "accept" them..lol :laugh:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Oh, bummer. I was hoping that about 3-4 months of dedicated Cocoa Butter (or something) would effectively make me look less like a broken sidewalk. Pity... but for those that have used/observed multiple products, what's the best (or cheapest) bet to fade them as much as possible?
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Like I said, bio oil is the best. It's this orange oil, available from most chemists
  • mrsyac2
    mine never faded. Not to mention they are more noticeable on me because i have olive skin with white stripes on my belly (from pregnancy)--

I don't need mine to fade I need them to get some color lol
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100

Don't tan though! If you must, use the bottled tans. Laying in the sun or in a tanning booth is so bad for you!!!

Acutally research has proven that low level tanning beds are actually good for you. They do not contain the harmful UV rays that you would get in the sun and the provide vitamin D which helps with a variety of things. Obviously moderation is key, so don`t tan everyday, but once a week has proven to be good not only for your conplexion but also for you mental state.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member

Acutally research has proven that low level tanning beds are actually good for you. They do not contain the harmful UV rays that you would get in the sun and the provide vitamin D which helps with a variety of things. Obviously moderation is key, so don`t tan everyday, but once a week has proven to be good not only for your conplexion but also for you mental state.

I've heard that as well....I tan twice a week, and they have special beds set up for people who are tanning for the benefit of vitamin D, in the winter it's hard to get enough because i'm not outdors as often.
This discussion has been closed.