sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    well that was a fail for me.

NET calories = 4147 tonight :/:/:/

bad news bears!!!
  • brindlechewy
    brindlechewy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I agree with sleepytexan, too, in that it's helpful to schedule one rest/cheat day per week. That's what I try to do, but sometimes my "day" turns into the entire weekend. Here's to no more cheat-entire-weekends.
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How did everyone do today? If u binged, make sure to get right back on track! I haven't binged today so successful day 2! Keep up the great work :)

and hope everyone has an awesome day 3!
  • cookiekiss
    Options
    oh boy, am i ever in: i went 2200 over. maybe it's okay because it was after more than a week of "normal" calorie intake, but still. will the day ever come when i can bake brownies and not eat the entire pan in an evening? i even wrapped up individual portions and froze them. no dice.
  • oh man - the weekends are my biggest weakness.

this message board will hopefully help keep me in check. sometimes when i tend to over due it on the weekend i wont even track it! and then lying to myself.

i'm in and this is a great idea.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sleepytexan, awesome post ;)

And from someone who clearly knows what they are doing!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options

I do believe the key to success is acting successful. That includes being positive, and using positive terminology. NO B WORD!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So last night (day2) i had a mini binge..out of nowhere...i was doing so good all week and then all of a sudden i gave in but i think it was because i hadnt eaten much all day and so by dinner time i was starving. But i am planning on making it a priority to eat through out the day breakfast lunch and dinner (300 cals each) and then 2 snacks (150 cals each) in between. Hope everyone is doing great! One day at a time <3
  • Pancake86
    Options
    I binged on celery sticks and a tub of potato salad last night was sooo silly and such a weird combo. Im now going to try and not binge for the rest of the month :)
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    HI all. I just wanted to wish everyone good luck. Remember how important it is to make healthy choices. Think of how much better your rest day will feel when you know that you've earned it through eating right and getting a healthy amount of exercise. :smile:
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. (It's not original as I saw a workout thread that is doing it this way). Everyday each individual keeps a running tally of how many days they stayed on plan (did not binge). There are 31 days in the month of January so we could go for 100% or the originator of this thread, EmilyC19, can decide if maybe that is too strict and allow for a couple or a few "screw up" days.

So, everyday... we could check in and either just put the total number of "no binge days" we are up to. For example, I could write something like this:

4 -- Did mess up today by stress eating ... blah, blah, blah...

Or just a number.

Something like those examples.

if someone has time and the "know how" ... we could have a chart going.

Here is the link to that thread that has the workout challenge going and has a chart that is updated daily:
    The first chart is on page 7 and a little over half way down. The 2nd chart is on page 11 and is almost half way down.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/430912-january-2012-days-worked-out-challenge?error_user_id=5012628&error_username=Elbee1&page=7

I would offer to do the chart every day, but I don't know how to do that. (I wish that I did!)

Just an idea....
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    BrindleChewy -- Thank you!
    Pancake -- I eat weird stuff like that sometimes, too. At least celery & potato salad isn't too awful ...compared to eating whole bags of chips & whole bags of cookies, etc.

Firedragon -- thank you for this:
    I stop binge for at least 2 months now by allow myself to have up 2 meals a week.
    So if you eat something off you diet list, you feel no guilt.
    I used to feel guilty because 1) I screw up the diet by just ate 1 chocolate cookie, so I ended up ate the whole bag.
    2) Stress-Use food to release my angy and stress. Now release them by exercise, meditation, and yell real loud, write down to my journal, prefer to skip a meal than eat in anger.
    This week goal: 5 more days go down to 181.6 (3 mores lb).
    Congrats on going at least 2 months without binging!
    Thank you for the tip on the stress eating. I can definitely try the loud yell and/or journaling. I got my journal out & will take it with me in my purse.
    Yesterday, I binged after long upsetting phone call. Argghh! I was hungry from waiting too long between meals & had been brain-washing myself with food choices & had finally decided where & what I was going to eat. On the way there, I had to pull over & take that phone call. The first place to pull over was a Wendy's and just got out after the call & ate there.... I read your post this morning and wish I had read it sooner! 735 calories over my daily goal. That is alot when you are very short, small boned & want to lose weight!

Also, I used to do #1 in your post. The thing where I blew it so now may as well eat everything & start again, tomorrow. When you do that daily, you won't lose weight & it is NOT even dieting. It is common sense, I know, but I had to learn that lesson.

Good luck on reaching your goal & to all of us on this journey!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Options
    I almost posted on this thread, yesterday, that I was successful, again. But, then... thought. Wait until tomorrow because that is only fair.

Now, I'm glad that I waitied...

After I totaled out my log... late night just before bed. I binged! Argghh! Why? I think it is because I didn't like my dinner, so didn't eat as much as planned & didn't find something else to eat... kept procrastinating on that. Then, started mindless snacking just before I went to sleep while I was on the computer. I wasn't horrible, but still added on 280 more calories. It was 2 kinds of potato chips.

Couldn't even make it 2 days!

So, I am trying, again! New start, right! Not giving up yet!
    Linda

Hey Linda,

That's not even a binge! What a good logger you were! Girl, 280 ain't nothin'. That is perfectly within control. good job.

Aw, Thank you, SleepyTexan, for your support and help, here.

Yeah, that was just a tiny one. Thankfully, when I went to log it, I was surprised to see that the BBQ chips I was eating were 40% less fat. (I didn't buy those...). And, the plain ones weren't as much as I thought. And, to be honest, I was only guestimating how much I'd eaten since I neither counted nor weighed them. It could have been more, but I'm certain it wasn't less. And, when one does it daily -- it won't add up to weight loss!
    L.
  • emilyc19
    emilyc19 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    HEY :) That is a great idea! I am not sure how to make a chart but I can try and figure it out! lol :) i'll get back to you guys!
    hope everyone is having a great day! xxx
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    Today was a god day: eggs and oatmeal for breakfast, rainbow trout with pasta and soy yogurt for lunch, and a chicken burrito salad for dinner.
    One technique I've found very useful to keep my eating on track is to pack my lunch for the next day while I'm cleaning up the food and dishes from dinner. This way, I have all of the food and dishes out already and am able to portion everything out correctly. Just knowing that I have a good, nutritious lunch waiting for me in the refrigerator makes it easier to stay on track. This is REALLY helpful during the weekend, when it's easier to fill up on "empty calorie" food. When I want to fill up on chocolate and carb dense food, I just imagine my poor, lonely fish and salad languishing in the fridge and it helps me to make the right choice. :smile:
  • cookiekiss
    Options
    morning, friends. i made it through last night without bingeing! tonight may be a challenge: i am supposed to have dinner out with a friend and find that i will eat well in public, then go home and have a treat, which snowballs into a heap of food. my plan is to either turn dinner into an activity ONLY, or have dinner then log in here to distract me from chomping through a mountain of stuff before bed.
    were you strong last night? how did you cope? good luck today! chat with you later.
  • Elbee1
    Options
    Hi CookieKiss. That is the type of thiing that I do, too. I hope there are responses as I am going out to eat tonight at friend's house , too.

No binging, yesterday!
  • brindlechewy
    Options
    morning, friends. i made it through last night without bingeing! tonight may be a challenge: i am supposed to have dinner out with a friend and find that i will eat well in public, then go home and have a treat, which snowballs into a heap of food. my plan is to either turn dinner into an activity ONLY, or have dinner then log in here to distract me from chomping through a mountain of stuff before bed.
    were you strong last night? how did you cope? good luck today! chat with you later.

I have the same issue when I eat with mine or my husband's family. One thing that's helped me is to recognize that, in our culture, a lot of our socializing revolves around food--going out to eat, going to someone's house for a meal, etc. Rather than focusing on the food part, I consciously try to focus on spending time with the people that I care about. If there's food too, fine. If not, fine. My advice is to eat a reasonable amount of what you want when you're out, enjoy the time with your friends, then find something enjoyable to do when you come home so that you aren't tempted to overeat. Good luck. We can all do this!
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    How to avoid binging: do not deprive yourself. do not promise to cut out your favorite food(s). move your body. EAT YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES.

Measure. be honest. enjoy what you like, and plan for it within your calories. Want 2 more cookies than you have calories left? Have a little run first and earn the exercise calories.

blessings.

Took me a while to figure this all out - the more I told myself "you can't eat that, you can't eat this" the more I wanted to binge. Moderation has helped eliminate the binge eating