Do you exercise after 8-9pm ??

Options
Or is that too late?

Replies

• apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't usually like to but with my husband being out of town a LOT now I 'm going to start... unless I want to get up even earlier then I already do. No thanks! lol
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    That is completely up to you. Some people find that it keeps them up later so they avoid working out later. Me, I can sleep at any time, it doesn't affect me at all. I am actually better at night, I run faster and have more energy.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have more energy too at night! When I work out in the morning I'm usually not as energetic and I don't believe my workouts are as effective.
  • tylrsmom
    Options
    I do my crunches at night (usually btwn 8:30-9pm) just before I go to bed. Same time each night and made a part of my nightly routine!
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    I am determined to complete Insanity (just started last week) - and I WILL make it through Insanity, even if it means I workout late at night on days I just don't have time otherwise. I'm in med school and we have lectures/labs/small groups from 9-4 most days, and I have to study too. So frankly, I think you should just workout at whatever time works for you!
  • Carnelian78
    Options
    Hubby & I go for our last brisk walk at about 10pm. I thoroughly enough the late night walk, so relaxing & I think I am actually sleeping better because of it. I also like to think I am helping moving the evening meal down, not sure if this is true or not though, lol.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have more energy too at night! When I work out in the morning I'm usually not as energetic and I don't believe my workouts are as effective.

Sorry to thread jack, but your profile pic is insanely cute. I somehow missed it on the inital post.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Or is that too late?
    No way!
    It revs me up too much, and I won't get to sleep at all.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much the only time I exercise unless it is a weekend. My son is in bed by 8 so that is when hubby and I hit up the 30DS. Just like eating, I don't believe there is a wrong time to do it.
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Carnelian - I think that's what the British do. Wonder if there are any limeys on here that can confirm.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I used to meet my brother at the gym twice a week at 9:00 in the evening. It was the best time of day for us because it was after work or when the kids were already in bed. I have never been an early riser, so I'd rather work out later in the day than early in the morning. There was a time that I made myself go to spin class at 5:45 in the morning, but I just love to sleep in, so that didn't last long for me. Lately I have been going during the day when my son is in preschool. I say do whatever works best for you! No matter what time it is, at least you are doing it & for that you deserve a pat on the back. :)
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I used to meet my brother at the gym twice a week at 9:00 in the evening. It was the best time of day for us because it was after work or when the kids were already in bed. I have never been an early riser, so I'd rather work out later in the day than early in the morning. There was a time that I made myself go to spin class at 5:45 in the morning, but I just love to sleep in, so that didn't last long for me. Lately I have been going during the day when my son is in preschool. I say do whatever works best for you! No matter what time it is, at least you are doing it & for that you deserve a pat on the back. :)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty random- I just try to get the workout in!
  • FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    NEVER TOO LATE! work out when you want. i usually work out after 8 pm
  • Lanna74
    Options
    Ha ha -- actually that IS Jack there sticking his tongue out at us all. He's my big, silly Newfoundland.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    It will depend on whether I'm working night shift or not.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I workout at 10 sometimes, after I get out of school. But I find myself relaxed afterwards, and hot showers make me super sleepy!! I know everyone's different, give it a try, if you find yourself up for hours after your workout, then maybe your body doesn't like it.
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I work out 4 days a week and it is usually 8:30 PM before I get started. I don't think it matters when you work out. It all depends on the individual. I know that when I try to work out in the morning I just don't have the energy that I have later in the day.
  • jaynewould
    Options
    I do! It's way too hot here at the moment to go out during the day, so I wait until after dinner. I have a Kelpie and it's also much easier to walk him late at night since there's fewer bikes and skateboards for him to try to "round up." I reckon the best time to exercise is anytime that's convenient enough that you'll stick with it :)
  • christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It depends. I find that I can't get to sleep right away when I do this, just too much adrenaline and energy. If you're a night owl of sorts, then this isn't a bad thing, but being that I have to start my day at the crack of dawn, no exercising after 7 to 7:30 pm for me.