Do you exercise after 8-9pm ??

Options
2»

Replies

• Diahann
    Options
    I do, it helps me to sleep. I'm not a morning person and it works well for me.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    I've noticed that for me the later I work out the better I sleep.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Yes. The only time I have is after I put the kiddos to bed...about to go now...!
  • Hoaimy
    Hoaimy Posts: 16
    Options
    I've done some research on this because throughout the year, based upon the needs of husband and kids, my workout time is -always changing.... and the bottom line is this-EXERCISE WHENEVER YOU CAN.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Ha ha -- actually that IS Jack there sticking his tongue out at us all. He's my big, silly Newfoundland.

:heart:
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    Its the only time I can get it done without kids, hubby, pets...ect under my feet. There are 24 hour gyms for a reason lol
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do, and I get the best sleep ever :)
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    I do my sit-ups, push-ups and weight exercises at night before bed, which is usually 10 pm or so. I try to get all of my cardio out of the way earlier though, because it gives me a ton of energy. If I did that at night I'd never sleep lol.
  • jen91010
    Options
    I normally don't, but that's only because I try to be in bed by 11, and working out usually keeps me up. If I stayed up until 2 or something, it wouldn't be an issue. ;-)
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I use to always wait till my kids went to bed at 8:00 to either hit the gym or do my workout at home. I don't think there is anything wrong with it! I have much more energy at night then first thing in the morning, so I think it just depends on the person. I'm not much of a morning person!
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    That varies from person to person due to circadian rhythms (cycle that regulates our body temperature, blood pressure, alertness and metabolism). These can be altered with an individuals lifestyle (meals, sleep, activity, etc). So, if you feel like you are a night person and have more energy at night, then odds are that you indeed do!

Do late night work outs affect sleep?
    No, not if you're an 'evening' person. In fact, you may sleep better. Exercise, in general, improves sleeping patterns.

When do you have the most energy?
    From physiological point of view, in the afternoon. However, if you exercise in the morning you're more likely to stick to it.

Basically, it's better for you to work out than not to. So, if that's when you can, then go for it (:
  • 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm anything but routine... so I exercise whenever I feel like it. I figure the time of day isn't as important as the fact that you are getting it done at some point.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Usually, when I run, I do so after 10pm at night. It's cooler (in Florida) the kids are in bed and the streets are quieter. I own my neighborhood from 10-11pm :smokin: Come home, take a shower, get in bed with my kindle or a good show and bam! It's all over. Perfect way to end the day.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    If I go to a 7:30pm yoga class I won't get out until 8:45pm. And sometimes, depending on when I leave work, my lifting+HIIT workouts will go until about 8:15pm or so. It's never affected me (and neither has eating dinner after I get home from yoga or the gym).
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Or is that too late?

No, not too late at all.

I've trained before at 10pm, I work shifts and on that particular day, it was the only time I could fit it in lol
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That's the only time I have to exercise! :P
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    8-9 pm is early for me! I'm a night-owl so I rarely exercise before 8pm. Tonight for example I didn't do my cardio until 12:45 am.