39 down, 25 to go (pics)

Options
SDawgW
SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
Earlier today I posted some before/during pics in the 2011 weight loss before & after pics. It got me thinking about how, when I first started on MFP, I would go through every before & after post, reading the stories that went with them and drawing as much inspiration from them that I could.

Being that it's the New Year and the majority of us make weight loss resolutions, I figured that I would post here with a little bit of info on my journey thus far so that I might be able to inspire anyone that needs it the way I was inspired by countless MFP members. So here are the last five years of my journey in pictures.

The first pic was taken back in the spring of 2007. I was 29 years old. I had an 18 month old daughter. I was roughly 180 lbs. I was miserable. I had just joined Weight Watchers (for the 2nd time).

Picture7718.jpg

We moved to a new city and I decided that I was going to do whatever I could to lose weight so I joined a fitness class that incorporated children - it was great. I also discovered MFP around that time and I lost almost 25 lbs in 4 months!! But just as quickly as I lost it, I gained it all back.

The next pic was taken in the spring of 2008 at 180 lbs again. Interestingly enough, I was frying bacon in this pic.

Before4.jpg

The next year was a constant struggle. Sadly I kept making the wrong choices and ended up gaining more weight. We took a trip to the east coast in the summer of 2009 which is when these next two pics were taken. I was a frumpy, grumpy 185 lbs.

Before1.jpgBefore2.jpg

About 4 months after our trip, I became pregnant with my son. I think my highest pregnancy weight was 215 lbs. I really tried to watch the weight gain as best I could...for so many reasons.

On September 1st, 2010 I had my son via c-section. My recovery was very long and had a couple of set backs in the first few months. On September 27th I weighed 197 pounds and decided that since I couldn't exercise I would try to control my weight with diet alone....and being that I was nursing my son I couldn't restrict my calories too much.

These next two pics were taken in January 2011 - 4 months after having my son. I weighed about 190 lbs.

B5.jpgBefore3.jpg

I started going back to the same exercise classes that I had been going to when we first moved here. Despite my best efforts and being a devoted MFP food and exercise logger, I was only able to lose 7 lbs by June. So I decided to join Weight Watchers again and see if the public weigh ins would humiliate me enough to get my act in gear. I weighed in at 183 lbs on June 4th, 2011 and within a month I dropped almost 8 lbs.

This is a pic of me at 176 lbs.

D3.jpg

At the beginning of August 2011, I started running - I completed the C25K program in the fall and I try to run 5K at least once a week....with the cold weather here the icy sidewalks and a bummed knee make it impossible to get outside so I go to the fitness centre as often as I can to run the indoor track.

In September, a few gf's and I started a group on Facebook where we posted our before pics and we check in with each other at least once a day to say how we're doing with food and exercise. Thanks to their encouragement and continuing to read the success stories here on MFP, I have managed to lose even more weight.

As of today, January 2nd, 2012 I am 159 lbs. I'm 34 years old and about 5'-4" (depending on how hunched over my back is from carrying my son around...haha)

These two pics are from today.

D2a.jpgD1a.jpg

Comparison Before & During
B5.jpgD2a.jpg

I have 25 more pounds to lose. I am hoping that this time next year, I will be able to add one final picture to this thread...my ultimate goal pic.

I have met one of my goals: I now fit in to a dress that my mom bought me years ago...it's listed in my profile of reasons why I want to lose weight.

I also have my eye on another goal: to run a half marathon before I turn 35. I have until July to meet that goal. Fingers crossed...

I am still learning and trying to figure out what works for me and what doesn't. The last five years have brought so many highs and lows from deaths to births and everything in between. The biggest thing that I have learned is that while we cannot control what life throws at us, we do ultimately have control over what we do to ourselves.

Good luck to you all.

:heart:

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! You look fantastic.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Thanks for posting. How tall are you?
  • eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and you are very inspiring. It's great to see people dedicated enough to stick with the program. Thank you.
  • amysala85
    Options
    Wow amazing, Im you when you started but I have 4 kids.. Keep up the great work!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Well done .....you look great!
  • CrimsonDee
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! I have been able to love over 20 pounds and still have a few more pounds to lose to reach my goal weight. Congratulations and keep up the good work!:smile::smile:
  • HeatherChapa
    HeatherChapa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That's is great! :)
  • moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Keep it up!! :smile:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!
  • liberella
    liberella Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Great job- thanks for posting.
  • VoluptuousBritt1
    Options
    You look great hun!
  • shoover10
    Options
    Inspiring and very well written! It helps to see all the ups and downs in the weight struggle - especially when it ends on a high note! :-) Congrats on the achievements and good luck on the rest!
  • Mom2Asa
    Mom2Asa Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Thanks for posting. How tall are you?

She is 5'4"---it is at the end of her post.

Awesome job BTW---you look great!! Keep it up
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look great keep it up!!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Thanks, everyone - your kind words are sincerely appreciated.

I love seeing the weight loss tickers on below your posts - so inspiring.

I had my weekly Facebook group weigh in this morning and I'm down to 158.4...not the 1 pound loss I was looking for but any loss is progress, right? ;)

I am going to have another look through the success stories this morning for some more inspiration for this week.

Have a great day, everyone - make good choices! :)
  • Sags301
    Sags301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look great! I signed up with MFP some time ago, but didn't start using it until a week ago. I read several of the success stories for motivation and reassurance that I CAN DO THIS! Thank You!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    You look great! I signed up with MFP some time ago, but didn't start using it until a week ago. I read several of the success stories for motivation and reassurance that I CAN DO THIS! Thank You!

Yes, you CAN and you WILL! Keep at it. Be true to yourself and be strong. You will get where you want to be. Best of luck!
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for the motivational post, I think it's just what I needed to regain focus for the new year!
  • BreakThruComing
    Options
    Very inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing! And you betcha...every ounce lost counts in my book :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!