39 down, 25 to go (pics)

Options

Replies

• dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and could totally be my story!!! Same height, same pregnancy weight, etc. I'm down to about 170 (my pre-baby weight) and I'm working to get to 145!!! I'll reevaluate when I get there but I can't wait to get to the 150s!!!

You look amazing and sooooo inspirational!!!
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring and could totally be my story!!! Same height, same pregnancy weight, etc. I'm down to about 170 (my pre-baby weight) and I'm working to get to 145!!! I'll reevaluate when I get there but I can't wait to get to the 150s!!!

You look amazing and sooooo inspirational!!!

Way to go!!! It sure isn't easy, especially when you're trying to work motherhood into the mix and you're running on little sleep. Great job on your progress so far - keep it up and soon you'll be coasting through the 150's and thriving in the 140's.
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Slowly making my way back down....156.2 this morning. Looks like the Christmas baking is starting to burn off. :laugh:
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You give me so much hope and inspiration!!! You look amazing.
  • Dolores1019
    Options
    You look just awesome....... A totally different person....thank you for sharing
  • valwes04
    Options
    Thank you for that inspiration! I need it this week- it hasn't been easy. YOU look wonderful though and I know that you are proud of what you have accomplished. Good luck on those last 25lbs!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Wow! Thank you so much, everyone...seriously....I really appreciate such kind words.

It's definitely not an easy journey, is it? But it is definitely worth the hard work. My mom always told me, "Things in life that are worth it are rarely easy. Things that are easy are rarely worthy."

It's hard to get into the right frame of mind...getting past looking in the mirror and only seeing the negatives. I see so much work that I still have ahead of me that it overshadows how far I've come. I think of how hard I worked to get those first 40 lbs off...I can't help but wonder just how much harder I have to push. There are days when I don't know if I have it in me. But then I just have to keep telling myself I've come too far to stop. Time to finally finish something for once.

Okay....vent over.... :wink:
  • LilMermaid6411
    Options
    What a fantastic post!! Thank you so much for sharing it and congrats on your big weight loss!
  • 661nancy
    661nancy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you give me hope. Last year I lost 24 lbs on MFP and that loss took me six months. I gained back more than half of my loss and now I am re-committed. I love your story because god knows how many of us always make that same resolution in January every year. It is in reading stories like your that I draw inspiration because I know I am not alone in my struggle. Keep it going and congrats!
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, i'm so very proud of you. keep going your almost there

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Fabulous pics! You look incredible!! You will get there and I can't wait to read about your first 1/2 marathon!!!
  • jade98422
    Options
    Wow, you look wonderful. Great job and thanks for sharing your progress with everyone.
  • e1izab3th2
    e1izab3th2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! What is your exercise routine like?
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your story of your journey is wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to post and your pictures!

Very inspiring!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Great!! U look good!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    It's a hard road, but you look really really good already, you are an inspiration :-)
  • amysala85
    Options
    Awww hugs!!! It is tough, but you are doing amazing. You can so keep it up... think of how hard that first week was, or the week you had a sick child.. and remind yourself you did those and overcame them and you can overcome so much more! Keep your lighter head up and keep tugging!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • SDawgW
    Options
    Fantastic job! What is your exercise routine like?

I aim for at least 45 minutes of high intensity cardio activity 6 days a week (ie. running, elliptical on high resistance intervals, rowing machine) and at least 3 days of weight/resistance training. I alternate weight days between upper body and lower body.

I have also committed myself to doing at least 100 push ups everyday for all of 2012...that means that by 2013 I will have done at least 36,500 push ups. I've noticed that in the last 5 days, I've been losing an extra ounce or two each day than usual - not sure if the pushups contribute to that or not.

I attempted the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD last month but because of the repetitiveness of the routines I became bored. Plus a lot of the exercises involve head-over-heart moves and those make me extremely light headed and difficult to transition into the next move without missing the first few reps.

I created my own workout that incorporates me-safe moves (I also have a torn MCL in my left knee that prohibits lateral movement). Thanks to Jillian's 30DS workout, I know how hard I should be pushing myself. So I make sure that the resistance I choose and the reps I complete give me the same burn.

I don't know if this helps or not but it's what has worked for me. :smile:
  • Jayne444
    Options
    What an inspiration, you look fantastic, i soooo much want to follow your footsteps, you have been and still are so very dedicated, Well deserved new brill look x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!