5'8 Goals?

Options

Replies

• djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8.5" and I started at 158. I have a large frame and I now weigh 132lbs. I feel slim considering that my bones will poke out too much at this point since my frame is larger.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame and im going for 160

xxx
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It really varies from person to person. I'm 5'9 1/2". If I go much below 140, people ask if I'm ill, and I look gaunt. I see supermodels my height who (supposedly) weigh 110 and look healthy, so who knows? For me, I won't go much below 140. :-)
  • Rielyn
    Rielyn Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for my ultimate goal to be around 150....any thinner than that I think would look unhealthy FOR ME. I have a larger frame so I could see where the 130's would work for someone 5'8 with a small frame.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 133 currently. I think I'm done losing weight.. I still want to tone up which might or might not result in losing any weight, so we'll see.

By the way, you can be thin, fit, with a relatively low BF% and still have "curves". Just wanted to clear that up because I see people posting "I don't want to go below X I want my curves". Sorry, it annoys me when people assume that thin women are sticks.
  • maflanc
    Options
    Im 5'9" 300+ and trying to get below 200lbs - I was 150 in High School/College when I played soccer and was the thinest I've ever been. Since that was over 20 years ago I just dont see me getting that low again. (hello I have boobs and hips and actually eat now!) Im just starting out and reading all the success stories here has inspired me. Thanks ya'll!
  • Bhan133
    Bhan133 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently 152 but I'm aiming to get down to 135-140 and maintain it from there. I would consider my frame medium and your classic hour-glass shape (38-30-39)

I wouldn't worry about the size of clothes if I were you, shops always differ! I was a UK10 in school but had jeans UK 8 and UK 12 at the same time. If you go under 130 I'd start getting worried you could go underweight. Try and maintain the 133 and You'll be doing amazingly well!!
  • debilyn574
    debilyn574 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently weigh 134. I am now working on strength training to build up muscle, but I too think I could lose some more weight in my stomach area (although I know you can't spot reduce). Of course it shouldn't really matter to me what the number on the scale says, we all know that's easier said than done. I don't think I am too thin, but others have told me not to lose any more. I wouldn't think going below 128 would be wise.
    It's encouraging to see everyone's posts here, as I see others who are my weight or more who I think look smaller than me!
  • vision2012
    vision2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I was thiking the same thing! I'm currently 169, started at 184 and have a first goal of 160 and will reevaluate when I get there. I think 140 would be my lowest, I'm pretty muscular.
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to copy a post but I agree with coatsie79.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and weigh 133.5. I like to be between 130-135. Less than 130 and I look skeletal.
  • MsKeri23
    Options
    geez the smallest i got being 5'8 was 168 and i felt if i got any smaller id look like a twig thats very small
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oh, regarding the thicker legs, have you tried jogging? Sometimes certain cardio exercises can build where we woman with thicker bottom halfs would prefer not...step class and the stair master are not our friends. I learned that a few years ago when my legs were just thick even though I was working out hard and eating right. I was doing 3 or so step classes a week and the step machine. I stopped that and started jogging and ended up in size 4 pants, my legs leaned right out....

sorry if this is off topic, but that is very reassuring for someone like me who has very muscly legs!

to the op; I'm 5'7 and about 137-138ish now. My goal is to get down just below 130! these last 10 pounds are proving very tricky to lose, though D:
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump * to read later
  • t3299
    t3299 Posts: 3
    Options
    5'8 and I'd love to be down to 135. With that said, I've decided that my only true goal is to feel healthy and happy. If I can move and keep up with the people around me and not feel like my weight is holding me back from the experiences I want to enjoy and living life- then I'll be happy, whether it's 135 or 165. This weight loss journey isn't so much about the number or the dress size for me but rather coming to peace with food and feeling happy in my skin.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Only you can know but 133 is right at the bottom end of the normal BMI range. What is it that you aren't happy with? Do you think you need to tone more rather than lose weight?

I agree. And if your profile pic is you then I don't think you need to lose anymore weight. You need to be careful. I'm 5ft 8" and weigh 216lbs. I'm hoping to get to about 140lbs and that's pushing it!

Be careful! x
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" also.....my goal weight would be:

1) 149 (to say I am in the 140's) :smile:

2) 145 and then I will assess how I look / feel.

I am now 155......so I have 10 to go!!

Good luck on your journey!!
  • KellyS0828
    KellyS0828 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 145-150. And pilates is great for toning. You will notice a difference by the end of the first week if you do it every day.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Only you can know but 133 is right at the bottom end of the normal BMI range. What is it that you aren't happy with? Do you think you need to tone more rather than lose weight?

I agree. And if your profile pic is you then I don't think you need to lose anymore weight. You need to be careful. I'm 5ft 8" and weigh 216lbs. I'm hoping to get to about 140lbs and that's pushing it!

Be careful! x

wow calm down people. I'm 5'8.5" and I am extremely muscular, and I am 134 pounds and 18% body fat, and I could easily lose another 5 pounds and still be very healthy. 133 isn't pushing it for everyone.
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm close on 5'8 and aiming for around 145lbs and then I'll see how I feel. Last time I was at that weight everyone said I looked fantastic so I'm not sure if more loss would suit me, particularly as I'm in my mid 30's now, I don't want to look aged.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!