Gym flirting gone horribly.............right?

Options

Replies

• blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    And don't have to worry about who has put their germs all over the machine and NOT clean it when they were done!

Amen! That is the grossest thing about a gym - any gym.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I used to get hit on all the time at the gym when I was younger and when I was running. I'd go out for a run in beat up shorts and tees no makeup looking nuts and still get hit on. I was young then though. Now I must be an old hag no one hits on me anymore.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    *sigh* my hopes and dreams of meeting my future husband at the gym are slowly crashing and burning....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No seriously, I go to the gym to get gross and sweaty and work my *kitten* off! There really aren't many 'get to know someone' opportunities!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    *sigh* my hopes and dreams of meeting my future husband at the gym are slowly crashing and burning....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

No seriously, I go to the gym to get gross and sweaty and work my *kitten* off! There really aren't many 'get to know someone' opportunities!
    ^This
  • mydogdakota
    Options
    whoops never mind
  • mydogdakota
    Options
    All I get a girls that are way to young for me...

At least you recognize that, some men don't and look ridiculous!!!
  • ji225
    ji225 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I met a boyfriend that lasted 2 years while I was at the gym, have also made lots of friends of both sexes and have had a scary stalker who I had to have asked to leave! So overall yes a lot of interesting times through the gym, am not a member anymore, but thinking it now and laughing, I might re-join! :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    In general, I am polite & social, but I've never really flirted at the gym.

However, a long time ago I did meet a girl at my lcoal gym that I dated for a little while.

One of my real good friends I met at the gym (and through deck hockey, he played on a rival team)

At another gym, I was hit on by a gay guy. Kept complimenting me and wanted me to flex my bicep for him. That was a bit awkward.

And lastly, the girl I am currently (and happily) dating, I met at heated yoga. Although technically I had met her 15 years ago in college, we bumped into each other after hot yoga soaked in sweat as if we'd just climbed from a pool.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I met a boyfriend that lasted 2 years while I was at the gym, have also made lots of friends of both sexes and have had a scary stalker who I had to have asked to leave! So overall yes a lot of interesting times through the gym, am not a member anymore, but thinking it now and laughing, I might re-join! :)

Yeah, honestly I kinda enjoy going to a gym for the people watching! It keeps my workouts more interesting since there's always interesting people there! Lmao
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Sorry brah, I couldn't resist
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I've worked at a gym for the past 3.5 years and unfortunately, this does not surprise me!

I've heard that the sauna is pretty steamy too! LOL
    My friend's been hit on more than he cared for and stopped going to the men's locker room altogether.

I pretty much stopped swimming when a creepy old dude was congratulating me on my weightloss and then put his hand on my bare stomach. And lingered!

:noway:

Whoa! :noway:
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I've worked at a gym for the past 3.5 years and unfortunately, this does not surprise me!

I've heard that the sauna is pretty steamy too! LOL
    My friend's been hit on more than he cared for and stopped going to the men's locker room altogether.

I pretty much stopped swimming when a creepy old dude was congratulating me on my weightloss and then put his hand on my bare stomach. And lingered!

:noway:

Whoa! :noway:

No kidding!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Never been hit on, but get stared at quite a bit. Not sure if it's good or bad but I keep to my own business so it doesn't really bother me one way or another. I think it's just this gym in particular because it's usually a sausage fest in there and so any time there is a girl or 2 around we get stared at. :ohwell:
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Well that was a whopping non-success! I think I saw maybe 5 stories at most of people meeting some kind of significant other at a gym. But, it certainly led to some interesting stories! Lmao
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym, my hair is messed up, I'm all sweaty, and I'm usually breathing very heavily. If you want to hit on someone who looks like that, well, good luck! Ha!

Sounds HOT to me! :blushing: :love:

Ha! To each his/her own, I guess. ;)
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    When I go to the gym, my hair is messed up, I'm all sweaty, and I'm usually breathing very heavily. If you want to hit on someone who looks like that, well, good luck! Ha!

That's sexy...man working out, sweaty, breathing hard...I'm surprised you don't get hit on!!

Well, I'm sure I do get hit on. But, I'm so focus that I'm oblivious to any form of flattery. (rolls eyes) I guess that's either the blood rushing away from my brain to my muscles, or I'm a guy...(shrugs) :D
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Sounds HOT to me! :blushing: :love:

Ha! To each his/her own, I guess. ;)

Yeah, I don't know, I don't feel my sexiest when I'm gross and sweaty at the gym, lol
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    I know, right! Maybe I reek of pheromones or something, all I know is I don't look my best!
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Ok, one more attempt. ANY other gym relationship success stories?