Whats for lunch??

Options
13»

Replies

• meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been on a kick with my favorite salad mixture. It might sound gross, I don't know. :)

It's a massive heap (like, 3 cups or so) of fresh romaine leaves topped with a 3-oz can of tuna. Then I make a dressing out of a couple of tablespoons of nutritional yeast (lots of b vitamins, and a cheesy taste. YUM.), a small dribbled of toasted sesame oil, some soy sauce and a healthy squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I shake that together in a jar and dump it over the tuna and then toss it with the greens. Then I sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of madras snack mix (kind of like Indian chex mix) over the salad. It's so yummy and I am totally full after a big salad like this.
  • wifeygonzo
    wifeygonzo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat bread with avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce and dijon mustard plus an apple.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had Polish ham on an Arnolds thin whole wheat roll, stone ground mustard, 3 oz baby carrots and a 110 calorie bag of Rold Gold pretzel twists.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Im having Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls.... YummO! They are my favourite and only 250 calories for 3!!!!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Left over spinach quiche. I made it myself with egg beaters, spinach, onions, red peppers, and 2% milk. I put a tablespoon of artichoke-pepperoncini spread but otherwise no other cheese. I love homeade quiche that I don't need to feel quilty about eating. I am on a mission to perfect a carrot crust to make it extra yummy! Add two clementines and some water to round it out and I am in heaven instead of trying to get thru my first day back at work.

When the carrot crust has been perfected I love to know how to make it!
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    Ham and cheese toasted sandwich :D Boring but delicious!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    Homemade ratatouille and fresh cherries. A perfect, tasty, low-calorie lunch which feels so good to eat.
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    how many calories are in your lunch? I am starting this all today and am really wondering what to do for lunches, how do you prepare your tortillas?

My entire lunch was 319 calories.. that yields 2 tacos. You could cut down on calories if you leave out the cheese (120 calories for 2 slices of pepperjack cheese), or use less BUT... im a cheese lover, & if I can make it fit into my day, I'll use it all. lol

I first heated my tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds and then put them in the oven to get a little crisp.
  • BrayyNicole
    BrayyNicole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love corn tortillas too! Today I just had a homemade salad w/ chicken breast marinated in Lawry's baja sauce.

Im definitely a fan now! I used to be all about flour tortillas but now that Ive tried corn, I believe I am hooked. I did see yellow corn tortillas while grocery shopping yesterday.. have you ever tried these? If so, does it taste different?
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be more of a challenge . . .
    I packed a pork patty (leftover from last night) and I'm going to put fresh avocado with it. Now what else, I haven't decided.
    I'm thinking of just pairing that with some veggies and a chocolate Silk. :happy:

BrayyNicole: your lunch sounds so yummy!!!! :bigsmile: