(Real) Football Predictions?

Options

Replies

• jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Steelers and Packers superbowl rematch

^this with a Steeler victory this time around!!! GO STEELERS!

^^Steeler nation, baby!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm not thinking round-by-round match-ups, just what's the final picture going to look like for the NFC and AFC.

NFC Super Bowl team: Packers vs. Saints
    - 49'ers will come close but their run defense is meaningless against the Pack or Saints
    - Lions will shoot it out with somebody but a less experienced Stratton loses to the other Vet's or loses a rematch with the 49'ers
    - Giants... they got a mercy spot IMO by winning a ****ty division, they suck.
    - Falcons are talented but not as explosive as the Pack or Saints and probably can't hang with either in a shootout unless their D really steps up and they can control the pace with Turner.

AFC Super Bowl team: Ravens vs. Patriots
    - Steelers: I have mad-respect for Ben's ability to play hurt but even if he hangs in there he's too hurt to be productive enough against the strong defenses that appear in the AFC (Ravens, Texans, Cincinnati) If he manages to feel better then they have a shot but the Ravens have still owned them this year.
    - Broncos: Tebow is cool but needs to become a more productive passer before they have a shot at winning the big one. I don't mean like a Rodgers or Brees caliber but at least be a threat. Hell, even Jay Cutler is a passing threat when he gets protection. LOL
    - Texans: With Schaub they are playing for the right to be in the Super Bowl. Without Schaub... they don't make it.
    - Cincinnati: Great rookie season for Dalton but the team is probably one off-season away from having all the tools and experience they need to dominate. Look for them to be solid in 2012 and be a serious contender.

RE Football: Stop being dumb about Football compared to Futbol. It's the stupid name that the inventor gave it but nevertheless the game is friggin' awesome so who cares what it's called.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ok clearly this thread established that we're talking about football football (dare I say it, soccer) so why are people still discussing American football?
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    my quote messed up, so let me try this again.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Steelers and Packers superbowl rematch

Yes! With the same outcome!

LOL..in your DREAMS!! San Francisco to destroy any lame offering from the AFC for the first of back-to-back Super Bowl titles!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    and back to the issue... EVERTON! the toffees have got a shoe in here for the title! yep, i'm dreaming big. liverpool have got no hope at all (especially after today's reaming), man city, utd, tots, arsenal, and chelsea are all just expected to top the table.

you know, i hope that stoke or norwich (but preferably everton) take it. i'm sick of the big money clubs with their ridiculous european diving players taking the piss out of what was a good game. now there's more injury time because of dramatics that there is actual playing time.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I apologize for the general cultural ignorance/self centeredness of the US in that regard... :grumble:

[/quote]

Wow, I didn't even know that we were hiring for the position of U.S MFP Sports Ambassador, but it looks like we've got a great candidate. All we need in this great country is one more apologist for all the terrible things America, oops, the United States of America (I don't want to offend those in Central, Latin, South, and non US residents of North America) do to folks. The travesty of us inventing a game, which is in no way similar to their game, and then giving it the same name as another game. WE SUCK as a nation, and should be punished for our "Cultural ignorance and self centeredness"

Seriously though, you probably don't need to speak for anyone in the forum, let alone that of an entire country.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I think what started off as sarcastic posts have actually turned into serious ones. American's think (real) football is American football. THERE IS NO HOPE. :noway:

I adore American football (like... I have the day preseason starts marked on my calendar)

BUT.... I know darn good and well that Soccer is the "real" football... in reality calling AF "foot"ball doesn't make a ton of sense and I know how exhausting football/soccer is to do. Mad respect, and I apologize for the general cultural ignorance/self centeredness of the US in that regard... :grumble:

lol..actually,at the star of every single football game, contact is made with ''foot'' and ''ball''....
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    When I'm in the U.K., I call it a muffin. When I'm home in the U.S., I call it an English Muffin.

When I'm in Europe, I call it football. When I'm home in the U.S., I call it soccer.

When I watched American Football in Europe, I called it American football; when speaking to indignant people, I called it football to get a rise.

When I'm in Europe, I call some folks "f*cking c*ntbags"; when I'm at home in the U.S., I call those same folks "f*cking c*ntbags."

It's all about the context and the audience. By the way, my Norwich-supporting (bahahaha) hubs loves him some 'Da Bears.

i'm in love.

Me too. Though I try never to call Europeans or Americans f--king c-ntbags. I was in Antarctica a few months ago, those penguins are f-cking c-ntbags.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    lol..actually,at the star of every single football game, contact is made with ''foot'' and ''ball''....
    Yep. They even kick it in between sometimes. Craziness. :laugh:
  • compscidood
    Options
    Ah! Another Toffee fan! If we finish on top of Liverpool, I call it a successful campaign. :)
  • vashtione
    Options
    PACKERS ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Pmadsen04
    Options
    I think what started off as sarcastic posts have actually turned into serious ones. American's think (real) football is American football. THERE IS NO HOPE. :noway:
    They're just in denial. They don't realise that there is life outside of the US. :laugh:

Wait, wait, wait....There are countries outside of the US that matter. I'm pretty sure my god is angered by that.

I'm sure Brit's are still mad we kicked their *kitten* in WWII

Liverpool sucks right now but I'll still root them on and......

Go Pack Go!!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Funny. My textbooks here in the States taught me that we fought alongside the Brits in WWII.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    49ers BABY!!!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Pmadsen04
    Options
    Funny. My textbooks here in the States taught me that we fought alongside the Brits in WWII.

I'm pretty sure the joke is obvious.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    William Stephen "Bill" Belichick (pronounced /ˈbɛlɨtʃɪk/; born April 16, 1952) is an American football head coach for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. After spending his first 15 seasons in the league as an assistant coach, Belichick got his first head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns in 1991. Of his five seasons coaching Cleveland, only one featured a winning record, and Belichick did not serve as head coach again until 2000 with the Patriots. Since then, Belichick has coached the Patriots to four Super Bowl appearances: victories in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX, and a loss in Super Bowl XLII. He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007 and 2010 seasons

Go pats!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    William Stephen "Bill" Belichick (pronounced /ˈbɛlɨtʃɪk/; born April 16, 1952) is an American football head coach for the New England Patriots of the National Football League. After spending his first 15 seasons in the league as an assistant coach, Belichick got his first head coaching job with the Cleveland Browns in 1991. Of his five seasons coaching Cleveland, only one featured a winning record, and Belichick did not serve as head coach again until 2000 with the Patriots. Since then, Belichick has coached the Patriots to four Super Bowl appearances: victories in Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII, and XXXIX, and a loss in Super Bowl XLII. He was named the AP NFL Coach of the Year for the 2003, 2007 and 2010 seasons

Go pats!!
    Better hope they don't face the 9ers in the SB. We have a legitimate enough defense to pound Brady and company to the ground!

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • snazzletastic
    Options
    Obviously its all about the Packers. Lets face it. ;)
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    They're just in denial. They don't realise that there is life outside of the US. :laugh:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.....